• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else think baby will be early?

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there who feels like baby will make an early entry? I really feel like I won't get to 40 weeks for some reason.

This is my second and I never felt this way with DD. I have had strangers and people I know all tell me how big I am and that I look ready to pop. Everyone seems shocked when I tell them I still have 3 months left. I'm very uncomfortable already and I feel like baby is really low down. I obviously want him to stay safe in there for as long as possible. And does this mean that baby is going to be huge by the time he does make an entry?! I haven't seen a midwife since my booking appt so no idea what I am measuring. I am booking my 28 week appt on Monday x

I do but that's just because my other babies were early...I have a theory that I've seen time and time again and have even heard doctors state as fact which is certain women "bake" their babies at a faster rate lol.

Basically even though my babies were early, one by a month (according to my Drs) they were fully developed and needed no extra assistance whatsoever even though they were smaller. However my sister in law had her 3rd a month early and my niece was in the nicu for a couple weeks minimum and needed lots of help.

So needless to say I think this one will be early, I hope I don't eat my words later!

Hi I've heard a lot of people say that they felt bigger second time round and also know a lot of people who's second + babies did actually arrive earlier. I am 15+5 and am a lot bigger than I was at this point when I was carrying my son. However, I am due on 21st dec and just have this feeling baby will arrive on Christmas Day (which I am hoping is not the case but can't shake it lol) so I feel the opposite to you. I have also heard that you carry much lower with your second baby so maybe that's why you feel baby is so far down. My friend gave birth in June and she felt like her baby was so low all the way through xx

Nope i think my baby will be late lol, my first was born exactly on his due date, my next row were both exactly a week late even though i really thought my second would be early, now i just go with my babies are always late lol lazy like me haha

I do only because I'll be given sweeps from 37 weeks if favourable and gel at 38 weeks.

Thanks ladies! My DD was only 2 days earlier than her due date, so I can't really compare there. I think it's because I get so uncomfortable already and I don't feel like I could possibly do another 3 months, getting bigger and bigger! Lol x

I was absolutely certain that my second would arrive early and I was right, he turned up 2 weeks early! Just a gut instinct.

I've felt like it from the start. feel like i'll be lucky to make it to 37 weeks.
my consultant has already said that this baby is very likely to be small and has told me at the moment the plan is for a section at 39 weeks but he thinks that the chances of it changing to earlier are pretty high.

Yep I think my baby will be early, the latest I've gone to is 37+0 with my last baby coming at 32+6. All 3 were due to my waters breaking first so I just feel like I'm waiting for that to happen again. Really hoping this one stays in longer as would love for baby not to be in NICU this time. Plus I have a holiday booked from 32+5 - 33+5 :haha:

I had decided that dd was going to be early. I think I just hated being pregnant though as I had hyperemis throughout my entire pregnancy. DD turned up 5 days late.

I'm the opposite I think baby will be late, I went a full two weeks over with my son and had to be induced. He would still be in there if it was down to him x

I do - But thats because my first daughter tried to come at 32 weeks (ended up having her at 36 weeks) and I went into labour at 36 weeks with my second daughter x

My midwife told me I wouldn't make it past 38 weeks with ds. She was never wrong. I was induced at 41+5. No idea what will happen this time. Just hope to avoid early induction because test will mean something went wrong, most likely my placenta has started to fail.

I'd be shocked if I did make even 37 weeks as DS tried to make a appearance at 31 weeks and came at 35+4. I'm gona bring in some tiny baby stuff just in case I'm right as things aren't being that easy either this time around.

I do, but that's because I'll have a scheduled C-Section and my obgyn tends to do them 1-2 weeks before the 40 week mark ;)

This is my first pregnancy but I have been thinking a lot lately that I wouldn't be surprised at all if my baby is a week or two ahead. I started feeling movements early, at 14 weeks, and now at 20 weeks, the kicks are so hard and strong that I swear my baby is going to be born six feet tall. I just feel like things may be further along than I thought, even though my dating scan at 10 weeks confirmed the gestation.

My first was born at 35 weeks so the medicals have me on monitoring with this one and fully expect me to go early again.

This is my first pregnancy and think I'll be early, I have a feeling I'll go into labour around 37 weeks don't know why maybe because my maternity leave starts at 37 weeks and ill be all relaxed lol

This is my first pregnancy and think I'll be early, I have a feeling I'll go into labour around 37 weeks don't know why maybe because my maternity leave starts at 37 weeks and ill be all relaxed lol

If you want baby to come early you should be active. Lots of walking not a lot of laying around. :winkwink:

My first I felt would come early and he did he was two weeks early. I kept very active in hopes he would come on time. I went into labor on my own and he was perfect when he came out. He was just ready.

This one I feel will come early too. I hope I don't eat my words and he's late :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->