Anyone else think TTC isn't that fun?!

pennies

Reaction score
We're TTC #1 and currently on month 6 of trying, I have long irregular cycles (ranges from 35-49 days) and I just feel like TTC is nothing like I imagined it would be.

We have only told 1/2 people we are trying and it's really driving me mad, currently in the TWW and trying to have willpower not to test early or symptom spot but it's so bloody hard!

I want this so bad, like everyone on here, and just feel like it's never going to happen. Constant comments from friends and family asking when we're going to start a family really isn't helping either, it isn't for lack of trying!

After about 3 months it stops being fun. After a year it starts being insanely frustrating. After 2 years it becomes pretty hopeless. I hope you get your BFP soon.

I agree, it's really not as fun as I had hoped.

I spent years of my life afraid of sex because I didn't want to get pregnant, like it could happen any time. Now I do want to get pregnant and I know the odds are so low with each instance of :sex:, I feel frustrated!

I wish we had done not trying not preventing for a while before jumping into trying, but I have really obvious fertile window symptoms and there's no chance I could just forget everything I've learned about TTC and actually let go and NTNP.

Yes, it can be very frustrating! We have fun the first part of the cycle, then when the TWW comes, I just go crazy. And my husband just shakes his head at me:nope:. We have been trying for 8 months. Sometimes I feel like you, that it just won't happen. But I know the average time for a healthy couple is up to 12 months!

Thanks for the replies, so glad to know it's not just me!

I feel terrible but I'm starting to get really jealous when people I know announce pregnancies or births 🙈

Hopefully we all get sticky beans soon, but the TWW really is the worst isn't it?!

Thank god for the forums, feeling I'm going crazy with hardly anyone to talk to and the next comment I get about having a baby I'm likely to snap! 🙊

Pennies, ttc is horrible. OH and I tried and tried for years and finally quit trying several years ago because I couldn't live like that any longer. I gave really horrible answers to people when they asked about us having children (upside to that is no one asks anymore). We are back to ttc #1 (only on cycle 2 right now), but I am already going crazy.

I am also in the tww. How many dpo are you?

Thanks nuthatch, sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time TTC, stories like yours really make me think twice and quit complaining, 6 months isn't long at all compared to some people!

I'm 10dpo today, was going to test on Sunday but I really don't want to face another negative result so might even put it off even longer 🙈

I feel different, but then I can honestly say I've felt that every month so far so really trying not to get my hopes up!

Pennies, complain away. It really is hard and my difficult journey doesn't make yours any less difficult for you. I just wanted you to know that I get it and get that friends and relatives so often don't get what it like to wait cycle after cycle.

I am 7dpo. I actually did a test today because I felt like I was getting my hopes up and a bfn will take care of that right away (even though it was guaranteed negative at 7dpo). Testing Monday or Wednesday as I have to go out of town Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->