Anyone else trying to loose weight

Ooooh, I'll join you! But my holiday is in 4 weeks and so I'll take two thirds of your challenge. I want to loose 6 - 7lb Eeek! Better get eating less! lol.

I think I need a lot less :munch::cake::pizza::drunk::icecream::wine:!

This weekend I have a lot of :laundry::dishes::iron::hangwashing: planned so that shoudld help.

And whist looking at the smilies, I saw this and it made me laugh, thought I'd share :loo: how funny is that?! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: love the smilie lol

I take on the challenge although i need to weigh myself in the morning to check i'm still what i was x

MEEEEE!! I want to lose about a stone in 2 months

Me but im planing on loosing about 5/6 stone over 2 years.

i want to lose about a stone-2stone, i dont actually know what i weigh, might be a start!

any experienced dieters know what time frame i should be looking at?

im going to buy some cheap scales when im off this fri and really start trying, thats possibly why im always having good and bad days and getting nowhere as i dont know what i weigh to begin with so never feel im making much progress.

I want to lose a stone and planning to start Monday as my holiday from work finishes then.

They say a healthy loss is no more than 2lb a week so would be 7 weeks if i managed 2lb a week.

I want to lose another 38lb which is about 2 1/2 stone (I think!) xx

i want to lose about a stone-2stone, i dont actually know what i weigh, might be a start!

any experienced dieters know what time frame i should be looking at?

im going to buy some cheap scales when im off this fri and really start trying, thats possibly why im always having good and bad days and getting nowhere as i dont know what i weigh to begin with so never feel im making much progress.

Lets see, after reading everything that fell in my hands about dieting, I've come to the conclusion that loosing 2-4 pounds weekly is the recommended healthwise and not to gain the weight right back. The best is to do at least 1/2 and hour excersize a day or 1 hour about three times a week of aerobic type of excersize (that is something that brings your heart rate up by doing it, can be brisk walking, spinning, swimming or aerobics which is what I'm doing) I've also heard brisk walking for 15-20min after lunch is just as good as 1h excersize at any other time!!! Good for people short of time. Also doing excersize before breakfast is wonderfull as it pulls the fat for energy considering you have nothing else in your system for it to take.

No starving or you won't be able to keep the diet up and allow yourself a day off, for instance weekends but don't stuff your face with the excuse. Typical veggies, and grilled food is the best and cut down on carbs, fizzy drinks and booze as much as possible. It's working for me. Good luck!!!!!!

PS: One very IMPORTANT thing. Muscle weighs more than fat, which means when your into your excersizing for a while, you might see you weigh more suddenly!!! If you're doing all the right things (eating and excersizing properly) means you are NOT gaining weight back, it's your muscles getting firm and weighing more. The way to know if this is what is happening is mesuring yourself instead of weighing yourself. You will mesure less and still maybe weigh the same or more!!! That is what is important, to mesure less and not always weigh less. That will come later. Take it easy and get everyone around you to help you (that is eating alone at the beginning as not to have too many temptations, find tasty low carb recipes and make your friend and family understand just how important this is to you so they don't test your patience and will power saying things like, oh go on, have a little lasaña, you're doing fine, because this will only make it harder to stick to when you're by yourself). They think they're doing you a favor, or even making themselves feel better because they should be dieting also and there is no favor to be seen. It's the same as when your trying to quit smoking and a friend says, oh go on, just have one, I don't want to smoke alone... You end up re-addicting instead of them quitting!!! Sorry about the rant but it is very important to have all ods in your favor to be able to stick to a long-term diet. Quick diets DON'T work, you gain all the weight back after a couple of weeks... xxxxxxxxx

I'd definitely be up for a 6 week challenge :) I need all the help I can get!!

xx

Omg help me! There is this gorgeous apple pie and custard calling me in the kitchen:rofl:
And my brother has just come home from work with a bag of 24 crisps and 3 packs of biscuits:dohh:

Step away from the pie and crisps and biscuits!!!

So not worth it! xx

One thing I found out last week from my GP is that losing 10% of your body weight over 12 months is the best way to go, not rushing it on fad diets, but just regular exercise and eating healthy but still having the occasional treat so you dont feel like you are "dieting" xx

Yep, Im hoping to lose 53lbs through healthy eating and exercise. Lost 7lbs in 2 weeks so far :)

Yep, Im hoping to lose 53lbs through healthy eating and exercise. Lost 7lbs in 2 weeks so far :)

Ditto! Have lost 8lb doing wii fit and walking a lot more and cutting out the crap, keep it up hun :) xx

I havent had a bite of junk food in 2 weeks now and feel great for it. My taste buds are back to normal and I'm amazed at how good food tastes now. Can't believe how sweet sweetcorn and sweet potato are!

I have loads my energy, and my skin looks great and the weight is falling off me. No idea why I didn't do this sooner!

I even now want to lose a bit of weight. although I don't know how i got it firstplace . I apparently gained 4 kg last year (or I shouldnt have been going on the scale with my heavy keys?) anyway I can see it too, and also need too lose some too.

So has anybody tips I can do? I go to uni by bicycle everyday(12 km to , and 60% if the time I am also going back the 12 km(or more depending which route I take), don't eat fast food(apart from doener dueruems (which are freshly prepared and not roasted or baked in fat) , eat lots of seed bread(well it is my fav bread , the reallly dark and seed to seed bread), so how important is drinking the right amount. I know that I never drink enough so does it make a great difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->