Anyone else TTC with CFS/ME?

Hi ladies,

I am awaiting an appointment to go see a rheumatologist to be assessed for fibro. I am really confident that fibro is the reason for my health problems.

I have been TTC for 19 months now, had most things checked and nothing has shown as a real problem. Hubby is about to start doing his side of things and we are awaiting an appointment with a FS. I have admit that I am really worried that they won't help us due to my weight. I do have long irregular cycles and I am pretty sure I do not ovulate on a regular basis, I don't believe my weight has anything to do with irregular ovulation as I haven't always been overweight but I have always had irregular cycles. Just trying to keep a PMA but its not always easy as i have so many friends and family who are either pregnant or have fallen pregnant and had their baby already, can be tough at time as you no doubt all know.

Baby dust to everyone...

Lisa x

hi lisa ! i also have fibromyalgia. am awaiting an appointment to see the rhumatologist about pain managment but went for a doctors appointment today adn was diagnosed with vertigo and CTS. which the vertigo would explain why i take every head ache and dizzy spell as a possible pregnancy symtpms !! lol

waht is your BMI if you dont mind me asking? I had to get mine down before the FS would help us and got it down to 32 when he gave us clomid . and hoping that it works soon!!! xx

Good luck with your appointment. When I went to the FS they didn't have a problem with my weight when doing the HSG and bloods etc but they did tell me that the next step would be clomid and I'd have to get my bmi down to 34. It differs with every PCT and it is hard losing the weight but worth it in the end. xxx

My BMI is over 40 so I was expecting them to refuse to see me altogether as my doctor put my BMI in the referral letter. Wish they had actually, would be easier than going and being shown the door. I have tried loosing weight, I have tried every diet, pill given to me by doctors, gyms, shakes etc etc, nothing works and surgery is possibly an option I am going to take over the next year or so. I am about to start a weight loss group that is being run at the doctors surgery by a weight management clinic. I am dreading it, but I have to go if I want to be considered for surgery. The doctor wants me to have surgery, loose weight and then start TTC again, but I have been trying to loose weight for four years with no luck (been on the list for surgery that whole time too), I just don't want to wait any longer.

Summer Lilly, sorry not sure what CTS is? I hope they are not anything too serious.

Lisa x

hope it all works out well lisa ! CTS is carpal tunnel syndrome - its a problem with the nerves in my wrist and hand what what not. ive always had problems with my grip in that arm , and pins and needles etc and was always told it was down to the fibro/me - but finally went to see a dr who didnt want to label everything as teh same condition! didnt really want something else but know now that surgery is an option if i want to get rid of it completly.. not something im looking forward too..

the doctor refered me to a gyno first when i was at my heaviest - which was around 18.5 stone - and he ran all the relevant test and scans etc and by the time i went to see him again in the end he askede me to lost just a little bit of weight to help along with the pregnancy when it comes. he didnt mention that i wouldnt get pregnant because of my weight but just said that it would be more comfortable during it for me and a little healthier. they didnt seem bothered about my weight at all but i went on a mad bid of trying to lose as much as posible to get the clomid when i found out the BMI had to be under 30! but went in there with a BMI of 32 and he didnt mind that either .

i think it just depends on what doctor you see in what area, some can just be really funny....

im sure youll be fine !! do you know why you cant conceive yet ? is clomid an option for you / x

When I went to the hospital the first time they had my bmi at 34 and the nurse I saw sent me off for a HSG but said that if that all came back ok then the next step would be clomid and that they like your bmi to be 34 or under. (She also said it is a postcode lottery and has been different everywhere she has worked). That gave me a couple of months until the next appointment so I had time to lose the weight. I always do weight watchers as that works wonders for me.

Have they sent you to a dietician to help you? x

im also doing ww ebony ! ! i find its the only one that really works for me ! have tried a few others but ww is the only one i see results with!

its attrocious that its all based on a lottery of some form isnt it . i dont get why it cant just be the same for everyone !!!
x

Ahh yes I know what CTS is, just didn't know what the abbreviation was LOL. My aunts just had hers operated on and she's feeling much better.

I have no idea why I can't conceive. I know that I am not ovulating regularly, but don't know why. Doctors trying to blame my weight but I was 10 stone at one point (before TTC) and I still didn't ov regularly. I have no idea if clomid is an option for me or not, my gp hasn't said anything. I did have a couple of bloods come back slightly off, estrogen slightly high and SHGB slightly low...can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. I have had scans to check for PCOS which came back fine etc. Its so frustrating.

Yes I have seen a dietician, I have been given orlistat (which resulted in chronic IBS...even now, years after using orlistat), I have tried WW as this worked for me when I was younger (lost 3 stone on it in 6 months which is how I got down to 10 stone), have tried the tony ferguson diet, have tried going to the gym, have tried "healthy eating", have tried high protein low carb diets. For the last four years i have been jumping through the hoops required to get surgery while trying everything else I can think of. Its not an option I want to take, the thought terrifies me actually, surgery scares the living day lights out of me, i have such a low pain threshold that the recovery worries me big time, I have a fear of needles and being put under anaesthetic and I am under no illusion as to how much you have to change your life style after surgery, but I really have tried everything else and it either doesn't work or works but makes me ill :(. Keep trying to remind myself that if doctors told me i need a huge op to save my life I'd do it no matter my fears, and this is kinda similar so i just have to trust that I will get through it and with the support of my family recover and adjust well and it will be worth it in the end. LMAO - dunno who i'm trying to convince right now :haha:

Sorry got a bit carried away there, but ultimately tried everything I can think of to loose weight.

Wonder how ME/Fibro is likely to effect pregnancy and labour?

aw hun :hugs: sure something will come along that helps even if you do have to have an op for it . when i went to speak to the gp about losing weight before i was adviced to start running - im nt sure how they figured that someone with ME can run every morning! lol. some mornings its enough getting out of bed !

I spoke to a couple of ladies on another website that had ME and they all said that they ended up opting for a c section. its not something that id be keen on but a lot of people have said that a lot of the symptoms vanish during the actual pregnancy but then once youve given birth roughly a week later - your bound to relapse. whichdosnt sound appealing but id happily go through it all just to have my bubba at the end .
xx

im also doing ww ebony ! ! i find its the only one that really works for me ! have tried a few others but ww is the only one i see results with!

its attrocious that its all based on a lottery of some form isnt it . i dont get why it cant just be the same for everyone !!!
x

Yeah... I think they should have the same rules everwhere so then its much more fair.

Yes ww is fab! I lost 60lbs before my wedding and the weight falls off for me on it. xxx

Ahh yes I know what CTS is, just didn't know what the abbreviation was LOL. My aunts just had hers operated on and she's feeling much better.

I have no idea why I can't conceive. I know that I am not ovulating regularly, but don't know why. Doctors trying to blame my weight but I was 10 stone at one point (before TTC) and I still didn't ov regularly. I have no idea if clomid is an option for me or not, my gp hasn't said anything. I did have a couple of bloods come back slightly off, estrogen slightly high and SHGB slightly low...can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. I have had scans to check for PCOS which came back fine etc. Its so frustrating.

Yes I have seen a dietician, I have been given orlistat (which resulted in chronic IBS...even now, years after using orlistat), I have tried WW as this worked for me when I was younger (lost 3 stone on it in 6 months which is how I got down to 10 stone), have tried the tony ferguson diet, have tried going to the gym, have tried "healthy eating", have tried high protein low carb diets. For the last four years i have been jumping through the hoops required to get surgery while trying everything else I can think of. Its not an option I want to take, the thought terrifies me actually, surgery scares the living day lights out of me, i have such a low pain threshold that the recovery worries me big time, I have a fear of needles and being put under anaesthetic and I am under no illusion as to how much you have to change your life style after surgery, but I really have tried everything else and it either doesn't work or works but makes me ill :(. Keep trying to remind myself that if doctors told me i need a huge op to save my life I'd do it no matter my fears, and this is kinda similar so i just have to trust that I will get through it and with the support of my family recover and adjust well and it will be worth it in the end. LMAO - dunno who i'm trying to convince right now :haha:

Sorry got a bit carried away there, but ultimately tried everything I can think of to loose weight.

Wonder how ME/Fibro is likely to effect pregnancy and labour?

It must be frightening to think about surgery especially as you never get to eat properly again either. :nope: I know you have tried everything so just ignore me if I'm suggesting something silly but have you tried ww again? Its just that they have changed it and it might work even better for you now?

aw hun :hugs: sure something will come along that helps even if you do have to have an op for it . when i went to speak to the gp about losing weight before i was adviced to start running - im nt sure how they figured that someone with ME can run every morning! lol. some mornings its enough getting out of bed !

I spoke to a couple of ladies on another website that had ME and they all said that they ended up opting for a c section. its not something that id be keen on but a lot of people have said that a lot of the symptoms vanish during the actual pregnancy but then once youve given birth roughly a week later - your bound to relapse. whichdosnt sound appealing but id happily go through it all just to have my bubba at the end .
xx

I've heard about symptoms getting better in pregnancy. I never got far enough in mine to really tell you if the same happened for me but it is nice to think we might get a few months feeling nearer normal. :thumbup: xxx

Yes surgery is a scary thought. Still hoping to avoid it.

Yes hun I have tried WW since they changed, my biggest problem with ww is that they expect me to eat too much. i know that sounds daft but when you calculate my points up I have a huge amount to eat, and I just couldnt' eat them all. daft i know. My leader kept nagging at me to eat all my points and just couldn't understand that I can't eat that much. It defies logic anyway....how can i loose weight by eating so bloomin much?

It is rediculous telling someone with ME to run, i mean seriously? I used to go to the gym and it'd floor me the rest of the day and the day after and that was keeping to gentle exercises. No high impact stuff. Vibration plate was good though. Wish I could get one to use every day, it has so many health benefits that I think could help with fibro.

Haven't heard of how pregnancy effects ME/fibro, I am worried that it might make things worse but it would be good if things got better. There's no way i'd opt for a section, I had an epidural with my son and it was really good so if I can't cope then i'd do that again.

xx

With ww it does help eating all your points. When I went to the meetings a couple of years ago a man there was on about 40 points (might be wrong... can't remember exactly) and for quite a few weeks he was losing a couple of lbs and then the next week he'd put them on or he'd just stay the same. It went on for a while and he was quite a big man so should have been losing quite fast. Anyway his wife blabbed to the leader once that he wasn't eating 40 points, he was only eating 20-25 points a day and the leader told himhe wasn't eating enough and if he really felt that 40 was to much to try maybe go to 35 points a day. Anyway he agreed to try it and almost twice as much as before and the weight fell off. i know it doesn;t add up sometimes and you'd think the less you ate the faster you'd lose but if your body doesn't think its getting enough it holds on to everything and stores it as fat so the weight then doesn't fall off as it should.

I really hope I don't sound like I'm lecturing you and really I do believe you have tried everything but I just wanted to tell you about this man because we were all in shock that eating nearly twice as much made him lose weight so fast. I only eat my daily points and use weekly for emergancies but when I started on the old system I found it nuts how much you could eat in one day! :wacko: I did lose 60lbs in about 8 months eating all my points though even though it felt wrong.

Ok... I'll shut up now. :haha: xxx

With ww it does help eating all your points. When I went to the meetings a couple of years ago a man there was on about 40 points (might be wrong... can't remember exactly) and for quite a few weeks he was losing a couple of lbs and then the next week he'd put them on or he'd just stay the same. It went on for a while and he was quite a big man so should have been losing quite fast. Anyway his wife blabbed to the leader once that he wasn't eating 40 points, he was only eating 20-25 points a day and the leader told himhe wasn't eating enough and if he really felt that 40 was to much to try maybe go to 35 points a day. Anyway he agreed to try it and almost twice as much as before and the weight fell off. i know it doesn;t add up sometimes and you'd think the less you ate the faster you'd lose but if your body doesn't think its getting enough it holds on to everything and stores it as fat so the weight then doesn't fall off as it should.

I really hope I don't sound like I'm lecturing you and really I do believe you have tried everything but I just wanted to tell you about this man because we were all in shock that eating nearly twice as much made him lose weight so fast. I only eat my daily points and use weekly for emergancies but when I started on the old system I found it nuts how much you could eat in one day! :wacko: I did lose 60lbs in about 8 months eating all my points though even though it felt wrong.

Ok... I'll shut up now. :haha: xxx

:haha: don't be daft I don't take it as lecturing at all hun. i know from past experience that you need to eat all your points, like I said i lost 3 stone on WW when I was younger and discovered then that I had to eat all my points. I can't remember exactly but on this new system I have something like 54 points to eat in a day... thats not taking into account the weekly points. I know there is people who'd kill for that much points but WOW its a huge amount of eating. I can be sitting at night with 20+ points left... how do you eat all that in one day without feeling ill? I know this is wrong, but I am not a big eater ( I was in the past which is how i got to the size I am, but i've corrected my diet enough to stabilise my weight for the last couple of years) I feel physically sick if I eat before 12pm meaning I can't do breakfast, not to mention I am so sore in the morning that my minds not on food, I'll usually eat lunch and a decent dinner but I have been known to skip lunch :blush:, and I am guilty of maybe picking on an occasional thing at night while watching the tv so to go from that to eating 54 points worth of food is just ridiculous. I was put off going to the WW meetings as everytime I went i'd stayed the same, or lost half a pound and i'd be lectured on how i had to eat more and my leader just couldn't understand how I couldn't eat it (like to see her eat so bloomin much!). I still have my pack, a started pack thing I bought with the calculators, measuring tapes etc so i might dig them out and give it another go at home, maybe do it online rather than going to a meeting at first to see how I find it.

Oh...and well done you loosing 60lbs !!! thats VERY impressive!!

To the original poster....sorry for hi jacking your thread, didn't mean to :(

:haha: thats ok i dont mind you highjacking ! were all goign through the same thing and talking about the same dieting techniques ! im more than happy with that !! :hapypdance:

xx

Thanks Lisa... so glad it didn't come across badly. I see now why you can't with not being able to eat in the morning or evening. I am starving hungry when I get up in a morning and an evening grazer so thats where I fit all my points in. It must be difficult to be stuck because you do need to eat more to lose the weight but if you can't then you can't. Could you eat higher calorie foods to take up more points? Hmmm.... difficult one. I hope you find a solution. :hugs: xxx

Maybe I should try forcing myself to eat in the morning. No different to morning sickness... or is that just clutching at straws? PMSL! I can eat quite happily at night, god knows thats probably part of my problem, eating too late, but your always told not to eat late so I try not to. I suppose I could eat higher calorie foods to use more points but it kinda seems a bit backwards doesn't it... it just doesn't seem right. LOL.

A week ago hubby encouraged me to go on a healthy eating diet with him, which I did, but to be honest haven't taken it anywhere near as seriously as he has....today is weigh in day, lost 3 and a half pounds.... can't really complain at that, wasn't expecting to loose much..if anything lol. Hubby's lost the same but he's been MEGA strict with himself.

Well done on the weight loss! :thumbup:

It might be worth a try eating breakfast if you can get it down. Its just that eating breakfast gives your metabolism a kickstart and might be a way to get those extra points down. It does sound silly eating more to lose weight doesn't it? I really struggled with ww at first forcing down all that food but I can say it does help and after years of starving myself it actually works better. I lost no more starvig myself then I did eating all my points... plus the weight goes back on slower. I used to think it was a myth but it actually goes on much slower when I've lost with ww then when I've eaten next to nothing. x

hey ladies :flower:

just wanted your advice on this months cycle! i am on my second clomid cycle 50mg and on cd10 i had some stomach cramps ,then cd13 some clear and slippery cm but not stretchy. yesterday, i checked my cp for the first time time cycle and it was high and most definatly open. checked this morning cd16 and it was closed and the cm was very white and tacky. popped to the supermarket and told the other half that i felt like i had wet myself ! got home and there was an abundance in my underwear of white and wet *( sorry tmi) and when i wiped , it was snot like - in abundance and a light greenish kind of colour. :shrug: rather stretchy ! i dont ovulate everymonth and the months i do its not very much so maybe this is just something to do with ovulation??? nipples are also sensetive today and ive been feeling nauseas on and off for a couple of days....

any ideas??? xx

Sounds like it could be ovulation with the sore boobs and the cm. Maybe the clomid has magnified it? Do you temp? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->