Anyone else TTC with irregular cycles?.

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Me and DH came off the pill in May. I didn't have a period until 27th September. After that it was 30th October, and nothing since. I've had scans and blood tests and everything is fine.

Of course it's just a case of waiting until af arrives to start again but how do you help pass the time whilst waiting? It's driving me insane :wacko:

Hey! I am going along exactly the same road! It Sucks! Some days I think I will go crazy but I just hope there is a reason behind it all and I will be thankful that it took me sometime!
Have you come up with anything to not go crazy?

I've always had irregular cycles! I recently came off the pill (early/mid December), so we'll see what happens. My doctor mentioned that he hoped the pill would help regulate my cycles and that it may be better after coming off. I've always wondered what kind of impact my irregular cycle will have on ttc.

We've been TTC#1 for 17 months, and I've had irregular cycles before and after BCP... so irregular they're often practically non-existent. I didn't have a withdrawal bleed after the pill until 6 months later (came off it two years ago). I do have PCOS, though. I hope yours will naturally regulate itself! I had one doctor tell me to wait a year before further testing, but I knew something was off because I went on the pill in the first place to regulate everything. Good luck to all you ladies and hope you get your BFPs soon!

I'm irregular, due to PCOS! I never know when I'm due to have my period, it's a nightmare. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on the 19th though, so I've got my fingers tightly crossed for our Christmas miracle. :dust: to you all! X

Similar situation happening to me right now. I had a bunch of close periods over the summer (like two weeks apart, three weeks apart) and then another one that was 6 weeks after. I haven't had any period yet in November (just light brown spotting) or December and all my pregnancy tests are negative. My doctor gave me provera 10 days ago & I will be starting on clomid on day 5-9. :wacko:

af came :cry: devastated. I got my hopes up, again. why!? :nope: hurry up fertility clinic, I want my appointment!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm on CD77 :shock:

The only thing that seems to passing time is reading books (when I'm not working) but the looking at the stack of books I've gone through is depressing!

I've been irregular my whole life! I've probably had 15 visits from :af: . I never know when it's coming but we just started TTC last month. Only thing I can do is wait, it's so frustrating!

hi girls
I have never been irregular until I turned 20 sometimes it comes then other time it skips too months then it shows again but only light spotting ..
its very frustrating last year it AF came on , on the 15 of November and stopped on the 3rd of December ...this was very confusing
my husband an I have been trying of a year and couple months with medical help.we went on a brake for a year now we are going back at it in February ..hope to share my story with you guys

baby dust to us allll

I've been irregular all my life. CD59 currently. Waiting for bfp or af. My last bfp wasn't until CD103! But ended in miscarriage. :(

Hi ladies,

I have irregular cycles as well CD 66 for me today, but I have PCOS and that is the reason for such irregularity. Our little miracle is 5 months old and she was conceived on Metformin and Clomid after MANY MANY years of trying. We are TTC again starting in March, we want to start as soon as possible because who knows how long it will take this time around.

Baby dust to all :dust:

Can you ladies help me answer a question I have... When do you test/ how do you know when to test when your cycle is irregular? I never ever know when my period will come and haven't had it since my withdrawal bleed. It's about two weeks "late" now, which isn't that bad comparitively.

Wow babyh0pes I didn't even know it was possible to get a bfp that late! I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I've been scanned and had blood tested and everything came back normal. That was in September last year just before af came. I wouldn't mind the long cycles if I knew when she was going to turn up but the waiting is the worst!

I'm testing on like a fortnightly basis, I was testing weekly at one point but it was getting too upsetting seeing all the BFNs :(

When I tested at cd103 the first response was dark and the clearblue said 2-3 weeks. I had tested at cd80 and got a bfn so I'm thinking if I would have tested at cd90 I probably would have got a faint.

Today I'm at cd60. Maybe I ovulate late... or I've read that if you have low testosterone it takes longer for bfp to show... but idk what my case is honestly.

When I tested at cd103 the first response was dark and the clearblue said 2-3 weeks. I had tested at cd80 and got a bfn so I'm thinking if I would have tested at cd90 I probably would have got a faint.

Today I'm at cd60. Maybe I ovulate late... or I've read that if you have low testosterone it takes longer for bfp to show... but idk what my case is honestly.

I'm in the same boat. I've started taking iron tablets in case that's the problem but so far it hasn't changed anything (except I'm less tired).

I have PCOS so irregular cycles is my life too. Longest was 364 days at which point my act had given me norethisterone to start one but it started on its own. If I hadn't have been planning my wedding and getting married etc I'd have gone mental. Currently cd30 and it's our first cycle back TTC.

364?! I can't imagine. :(

Well I've ordered hcg test strips so I can test everyday. I'm a poas addict and it sucks when you're so irregular. :(

Yes when I realised how long it had been I was a bit shocked!

Oh I meant to answer the when to test question too. I used to test at cd 28 and test once a week after that unless anything changes. I normally temp chart too when TTC so I test sooner if my temp are still high.

In short you use a lot of tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->