Anyone else TTC with irregular cycles?.

I've always been irregular. Another PCOS girl here! We've been TTC for a year now and have to go through the progesterone withdrawal period induction thing every month. Then try meds, etc. We're moving on to IVF if this Femara cycle does not work. It may be worth having a hysteroscopy to check out your lining. That might be the reason for your irregular periods - if your lining does not up enough. My dr is going to do one on me before IVF to check for adhesions, etc. She noticed what may be a polyp on the ultrasound. That may cause lining not to build and prevent you from getting pregnant. This is such a complicated science and it's different for everyone! Good luck!

Seems like I'm not the only one that doesn't know when to test. Glad to know I'm not alone! They've tested my hormones... I'm pretty sure they aren't right, but the tests keep coming back normal.

I guess it's even more horrid not knowing what's causing it. When I started temp charting I got a lot of insight into my cycles and when I ovulate but it never made the seemingly endless waiting any better.

I tested this morning CD62 with a bfn but still no sign of af.

I started temping but at that point I was 39 days into my cycle so it seemed a bit pointless :haha:

CD81 and still no sign of AF :(

Cd 33 here. Almost tested this morning but once I got in there I forgot hahaha

I've been temping too. But I've never temped before. And I don't do it first thing when I wake up. So I'm probably going about it all wrong. I won't be testing until my package of hcg strips comes in next week.

You defo need to do it before you get up baby hopes. I tried to cheat it never worked.

I set my alarm for an hour before I have to wake up, take it and go back to sleep for an hour. It's kinda nice knowing I get an hours more sleep :) not that that would work for me now mind you. Dd is reverse cycle feeding so I'm feeding her most of the early morning.

That's another reason I gave up on the temping, it's too strict, I read somewhere that it's only really beneficial after a solid 4 hour sleep, which I never get! I sleep like a newborn!

Hi girls, I'm going through something very similar. Always been irregular and diagnosed with pcos. Was given norethisterone and clomid after going 17 months with no AF!
Dubious if the clomid is working so far as I'm on cd 37 and no signs of O or AF yet.
I believe Metformin works wonders for ttc with pcos.

17 months nettie :shock:

My problem is that I'm not diagnosed with anything, all my tests came back normal so I don't really know what my next step could be

I could not stick metformin I felt green all the time and it never lessened over time. In the end I followed a strict diabetic diet to lose weight and that helped enormously. Trying to get back on it again but I'm too lazy at the mo. Maybe when I'm getting full nights sleeps :haha:

I'm in a very similar situation! I already have one DD, who is turning 6. I was on a birth control with high hormone levels that I quit taking May 2014. We are WTT in May of this year, but so far my periods are extremely irregular! (they range from 20 days to 53+... I say "+" because AF last came in November and I'm still waiting!) My doctor wants me to wait until it's been a year off birth control to give my body a chance to self-regulate. That also happens to be when we begin trying. If after two months of actively trying and using the ovulation tests we don't get a BFP, my doctor said we'll start looking into Clomid. I've been looking for ways to naturally help regulate AF..... any suggestions? (per my doctor's advice I'm taking prenatal vitamins, increasing my dairy intake, and incorporating more fats into my diet)

Hi rainbow drop. Yes 17 months! I was beginning to think I had started early menopause. But the hospital reassured me I hadn't and that my ovaries were jam packed with eggs that couldn't get out.

Well I think I've seen a sign of AF raising it's ugly Head. Feeling a little disappointed that month 1 of clomid didn't result in BFP but feel super happy that I've O'd for the first time in 17 months!

If you don't mind me asking how did they sort that problem? It's been 4 months since I had a period and I'm going stir crazy! God by 17 months I dread to think how I'd cope with that, I'd be halfway to insane!

How is clomid going for you? Have you had any adverse effects?

They gave me norethisterone to bring on a bleed and then started me on clomid to bring on O. They told me that the older I get the less frequent my periods will become. They're just basing this on the fact that my pcos symptoms have worsened in the last 10 years. My consultant added that once I'm no longer ttc they will prescribe me something to induce a period at least 4 times per year.
Re clomid. I've had some odd shooting pains around where my ovaries are but they weren't overly painful. Paracetamol eased them. The only other side effect is weight gain. I've gained 3 lbs this month without changing my exercise or diet!
To me this sacrifice is well worth it if the clomid works. X

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Ok so there is steps that can be taken then? I've been avoiding going back to the dr because I didn't think there was anything they could do bar telling me I just have to wait so knowing that there is a contingency plan if you like is comforting.

Oh yes they can definitely give you something to bring on a bleed. It's called Norethiserone. I think it increases progesterone in your body to bring a period on. It may well be what they give me in the future to induce periods too.
My gp didn't prescribe this for me though, the fertility clinic did but I'm pretty sure gp's could prescribe this too. You mention it to your gp. It may kick start your cycles.

I'm 33, nearly 34 and ttc #1.

On a positive note month #1 on clomid seems to have worked! I got AF yesterday! Hoping this month I can try and pinpoint O and get baby making!
:pink:
:dust:

Hi ladies! You all seem a friendly bunch and I was wondering if I could join you in our collective search for a BFP with crazy cycles. A bit about me, I'm currently on cycle #7 TTC #2. We started trying as soon as I got my first PP AF because it took so long (over 2 years) to get pregnant with DS. All my cycles since DS have been kinda normal and I was so hopeful that that would continue but I guess it was not meant to be. Last cycle was 71 days long. I started taking Vitex this cycle and I've read good things about it helping to regulate hormone levels. I have the dreaded PCOS. My AF this month has been wackadoo as well. Currently on CD7 and still going which is not normal for me. Why do our bodies have to be so stupid!!!

Oh, and as for the testing thing, I always think it's cute when these girls with bang on 28 day cycles say that they are POAS addicts. I'm like, girl, try having to test like two or three times a week for 3 or 4 weeks then we will talk about being an addict. :haha:

I hope you ladies are having a terrific day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->