Anyone else turned off by meats/protein?

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Im a steak and taters girl BUUUUUT ever since getting pregnant I can not find it in me to eat chicken, burger or any type of meat for that matter. I was hungry for a toasty, cheesy, crispy chicken parm sandwich for lunch but as soon as I bit into it I was insta turned off And only managed about half. Hubby even made his delish chicken salad for dinner and I couldn't stomach it. Is this normal? Even the thought of a good burger and I make icky face lol
Anyone else experience this through the 1st Tri?

Yes, completely! I can only handle meats if they are cooked into something like a pizza that I didn't have to prepare myself.

It's so weird for me. It just doesn't taste right at all. I'm actually quite upset now. Hubby went out of his way to make dinner and all I wanted was the apple in the counter lol.

I'm getting most of my protein from greek yogurt with berries, or cheese and crackers right now. I am looking in to a protein shake without artificial sweeteners or weird ingredients so I can so smoothies too.

thanks! I'm trying to treat more yogurt as well and probably should just buy a bunch if this baby is so anti meat lol

How are you making smoothies? Kale/spinach and fruit?

I prefer spinach to kale, and I usually use some berries and 1/2 banana in there too. Stevia for sweetness, but you can use sugar or honey too. If you put in protein powder add tons of extra water or it turns pasty and thick.

I used to smoothie all the time. There's just something about drinking cold smoothies in the winter that doesn't sit right with me. They're a summer food to me haha
Hopefully this meat thing doesn't last long!

I'm the opposite! All I'm craving is protein. Lol. Every morning I crave eggs (eggs and toast or and egg sandwich). A few weeks prior trying to eat eggs in the morning I would gag. Funny how things change while pregnant.

I'm the opposite. I normally don't eat much in the way of meat at all, but my taste for protein-laden foods definitely goes way up when I'm pregnant.

Oh, on the contrary. I'm turned off by sweets (...!!) but I can't stop thinking of meat: burgers, steaks, sausages, you name it! Other food tastes weird and makes me nauseous. With all this protein I think I'll have a boy haha

I am so hearing what your saying I love steak and I can not stand it at all I tried ribs last night they went in the bin so I'm also doing the yogurt thing as I also can't stand milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->