Anyone else using progesterone cream?

day_dreamer

TTC #1 with a donor
Reaction score
Hello :hi:

This is my first proper month TTC and I'm using progesterone cream because my luteal phase is short/variable and I always get 1-2 days spotting before AF.

Anyway, I'm on 7 DPO today and pretty convinced I'm out...so for next week, when do I stop using the progesterone?

Will AF come on her own and then I stop using the cream then? Or do I have to wean myself off it before AF will show herself? :shrug:

I'm so confused!

I've used both high dose progesterone suppositories after DFET cycle and IUI...and progesterone cream...what dose are you using?

The cream is generally at such a relatively low dose that it won't stop AF...it can delay it by a day ...but wont stop it...in my experience.

The suppositories do stop AF from coming however.

I am going to try SOY cycle days 2-6 next cycle followed by progesterone cream after O...what brand are you using? It is pharmaceutical / natural progesterone grade cream you are using? NOT from wild yam? x

Hello!

Thanks for replying, that's good to know :thumbup:

I'm using 20mg twice daily of Emerita Pro-Gest, which I think is natural not yam.

Hopefully it won't prevent AF starting then.

I've been considering soy too...but the tablets I got from ebay last time were really low dosage so I had to take 5 a day and it put me off :haha:

Emerita is the one recommended by Dr John Lee...I would look to up your doseage if you are pg...you've done your research well!
I've been stalking your journal...its very similar to my story! Good luck with your donor and hope you and your gf make it through this TTC stuff...its so hard emotionally...you seem very strong!:flower:

I've bought Tesco's own brand soy iso - 43mg isoflavone per tablet...quite a good dose...better than Holland and Barrett's rather pricey ones which are only 23mg Isoflavone's!

I'm going to do 120,120,160,180,200mg per day on days 3-7 (to mimic 60-100mg clomiphene) as I know I ovulate and my cycles are regular so I just want to bring about a mature egg and stronger ovulation (for better post O progesterone production)...thats my plan for this month.:happydance:

Im currently sitting waiting on AF at 14dpo...grr...tested BFN with weak non FMU urine at 13dpo and haven't dared to test since as too scared to see another chemical / faint positive. 15 dpo tomorrow and if AF shows then it will be my longest cycle in two years! grr! If she doesn't show...I guess I will have to test and hope my big temp drop this morning was nothing more sinister!

Anyway - sorry for the long waffling post! lol....Just really wanted to wish you loads of luck with your donor cycle...xxx

Oooo I didn't know Tesco did soy! I think mine were similar to the Holland and Barrett ones...nightmare lol

Thanks! I don't feel very strong right now but this is what I've wanted my whole life. If I have to adjust to a few changes to make this work then so be it, I'll do it.

Those dosages sound good. I hope it works for you...actually I hope you don't get to try because you're already pg now :) fingers crossed for you :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"