Anyone else waiting?

proxy bump

Reaction score
I still have a little over two weeks left but im literally just sitting here waiting to go into labor.

Anyone else with me on this?

The nursery is done, other than getting a little night stand in, the clothes are washed and put away. My hospital bag is packed. All the christmas decorations are put up. I literally have nothing to do and im going crazy.

Please, send help. Lol

Omg I am in the same boat. Everything is ready. Bags backed, Christmas decorations up, gifts wrapped and nothing significant is happening just inconsistent contractions. I'm due Saturday the 20th and I am going crazy. I've done everything to kick start a normal labor pattern and nothing works.

I dont think ive even had an bh yet, just some mild cramps off and on lol.

I feel like hes just going to stay snug and ill be pregnant forever.

Yep I'm waiting 3days til my due date. Got everything ready just keeping on top of house work now and trying to get in a cheeky nap. Husband had finished work to now so home together waiting. I hate waiting but I'm trying to keep busy.

I'm now 41+9 and I started maternity leave at 34 weeks! Having said that I have a daughter already and been kept busy doing house things and prepping for christmas, her school runs etc. All presents are bought and wrapped. I made christmas cake, pudding, stuffing, veges prepped and frozen, meals planned and fridge/freezer stocked. The parsnips, green beans, tternut squashes and pumpkins were all home grown I've made stockings and various things like christmas napkin rings and loads of foods/chutneys/jams and made hampers as gifts for everyone. I've made some curtains and cushions etc also.

With my first my mw told me off 'for just waiting'. She said makes bookings, go and do things and meet people, if you just wait they'll show late! Lol. (And dd was late, not as late as this one though)

I'm now 41+9 and I started maternity leave at 34 weeks! Having said that I have a daughter already and been kept busy doing house things and prepping for chrisool runs etc. All presents are bought and wrapped. I made christmas cake, pudding, stuffing, veges prepped and frozen, meals planned and fridge/freezer stocked. The parsnips, green beans, tternut squashes and pumpkins were all home grown I've made stockings and various things like christmas napkin rings and loads of foods/chutneys/jams and made hampers as gifts for everyone. I've made some curtains and cushions etc also.

With my first my mw told me off 'for just waiting'. She said makes bookings, go and do things and meet people, if you just wait they'll show late! Lol. (And dd was late, not as late as this one though)

Could have said the same. I was 16 days over woth Dd, now I'm a week over..I like to cook mine well.

Still on my toes and running around, I finished work at 25 weeks and so the school have never known me not pregnant! Am now impatient and bored. Hubby is wfh all week and I'm jealous that he's got thigs to do. Xxx

Me! I'm 37 weeks today! Yay term! Never made it past 38 weeks so getting a little impatient even though I know it could be a while :(. Start materinty leave Friday with Christmas break! I was so selfishly hoping she'd. Be here by Friday so I could spend every minute I have off with her!!
lots of pain and pressure "down there"
up ALL night with irregular contractions that wouldn't let me sleep, the got a burst of energy so swept floors (again) mopped kitched, completed two loads of laundry and completed my worst chore ever: matching socks (for four people)!

I've been seriously nesting for about 4 weeks now with on and off contractions. It's like my body wants to jump start but can't quite get going. I have all of the signs, know that I'm in slow labour but it's all just tediously slow.

SO and I moved over a month ago leaving me without a job and a whole lot of time on my hands. Its about an hour worths drive back to our old town if I wanna see anybody and sadly the only car we have is a stick shift that I dont know how to use so unless SO is willing to schelp me everywhere im stuck at home.

I am so with you on this!! I've sorted everything now just need to put fresh clean sheets in his Moses basket and sort out our changing box and we are ready to go!

Hopefully it won't be much longer for us now :)

I'm also stuck at home as we moved away so I've no friends around here so if I want to go out I rely on OH (when he's not working) so finding things to do is quite tricky.

Ive been glued to my netflix trying to pass the time. Read three books in the course of a week and now im going to devour mass amounts of pineapple lol

I know im not going to go into labor any time soon. In fact im almost positive ill be over due unless I rapidly progress these next two weeks. Im just trying to do anything and everything I can to help push me just a little bit further.

So many people keep telling me my baby will be early or huge due to my belly size and it irks the living hell out of me.

Yep. I'm waiting as well. I'm on maternity leave also soo I get soo damn bored. I'm always exhausted though but even when I try to sleep it's hard for me sometimes esp at night lol.

We've been doing some light nesting cus everything is pretty much done.

I also use Netflix to pass the time away hahah. Not to mention my doctors and our families say that he's pretty big. So I'm wondering how is he finding space in there lol.

I'm full term so this lil guy can come on out now lol

Im so glad I didnt get into shows like Supernatural until my maternity leave began because now I have eight seasons (three left for me actually lol) to pass the time with.

Oh, and baking. Today is the day to bake apparently. Im making peach dumplings and mini pineapple bombs.

Hahaha I purposely put specific things on Netflix for when I go on maternity leave and have the baby smh lol. What ure baking sounds soo good omg lol. Enjoy for me also :).

Lol the dumplings turned out great...I dont care much for the pineapple lol too much pineapple in the center, xp

All presents are bought and wrapped. I made christmas cake, pudding, stuffing, veges prepped and frozen, meals planned and fridge/freezer stocked. The parsnips, green beans, tternut squashes and pumpkins were all home grown I've made stockings and various things like christmas napkin rings and loads of foods/chutneys/jams and made hampers as gifts for everyone. I've made some curtains and cushions etc also.

Good heavens, Ginger!! You've been busy busy busy!! I should probably follow suit... Yet here I sit eating cookies, haha! :dohh: Will your MW induce? Or are you waiting for baby to pick their birthday? This is a little selfish, but I'm glad to see someone else is at their due date or past and still posting... I feel like everyone else has gone off and had their babes without me! :nope:

MrsVenn - same here... Disheartening every time I think it's the real deal only to have the contractions die back down. I'm ready for some real action!!

So many people keep telling me my baby will be early or huge due to my belly size and it irks the living hell out of me.

Not sure why everyone loses their filters around pregnant women, but I've had people tell me I look like I'm about to "drop that baby any moment now" for weeks! I even told one old woman that I still had two weeks until my due date and she said, "Oh, yes, I guessed right. You are overdue." Didn't I just tell you I had two weeks left?? And another elderly woman asked when I was due, and when I told her, she said, "Ah! So you must be so big because you're carrying twins!!" Not anymore, but please continue to make assumptions. They're not hurtful at all... :growlmad::wacko:

They both sound good. I'd probably would've ate more of the pineapple cus I luv them 😋 lol

Ahhhh! So over it! I know I'm just 37 weeks but I'm over it already! Went to work with everyone asking "how are you feeling?" (but not really wanting to hear the answer) then the millions of "can't believe your still here!" "can't be much longer!" "your so big, how will you make it to Friday?!" (Friday is last workday before Christmas break)
Had doc appointment today and lady in waiting room commented "you look like you were due a month ago!"
I'm tired but can't sleep, have irregular contractions but doc won't check for progress, am irritable, want to clean and organize but by the time in home from work I barely have time to do the bare minimum up keep of daily chores then off to bed where lo moves and I can't sleep for the painful movements,
Can't breathe, bh or irregular contractions all night! The up to do the day all over again at 6am. :'(
so tired and ready to have my little girl in my arms! If she is here by this weekend I get two extra paid weeks off with her (Christmas break)
if she waits til week after Christmas I will only get four weeks with her! :'(
selfishly praying for a healthy early term delivery and baby.

sorry, rant over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"