Anyone else waiting?

Wow, thats kinda messed up. Our hospital is almost an hout away so I plan to head out as asap when they hit. Id maybe wait a little then head out anyway.

Steady contractions all night. Have now been told to take paracetamol as I'm managing at home - hilarious. Will be going there by breakfast time no matter what, who cares if I'm managing.t How do they know from my voice what my cervix is doing?!

Exactly!
Not every woman goes into full panic mode when shes in active labor.

Hope things are progressing Mrs Venn!

Baby gave me grief all evening burrowing around and ripping my pelvis apart. Woke up at 3am and went for a wee and lost a noticeable glob of plug, well, either that or I've got a terrifying infection lol, but nothing bloody yet.

Still nothing. Pretty much trying to ignore everything to avoid disappointment :dohh:

Contractions kicked in 3 hrs ago, every 8 mins. Hospital not interested yet despite being half hour away. Apparently I sound too calm... So wide a wake whilst DH and DD sleep. Choccie calling.

I sounded too calm when I was moments away from the pushing stage and the midwife almost didn't come in time until I sent a text telling her that I kept feeling like I had to poop (that's what the urge to push a baby out feels like).

Ive dilated to one cm...woo. lol

Little man still hasnt dropped all the way but he is heads down so yay for me.

Seems like I got a way to go though.

Steady contractions all night. Have now been told to take paracetamol as I'm managing at home - hilarious. Will be going there by breakfast time no matter what, who cares if I'm managing.t How do they know from my voice what my cervix is doing?!
There is a mouth and cervix connection in a way... If you're calm between contractions, that's one thing, but if you can't talk through a contraction, you're further along than if you're able to talk through a contraction.

When my midwife judged me to not be as far along as I was, she kept me on the phone for 8 minutes and I didn't have a contraction during that time. Thing is, they had been 3-5 minutes apart prior to the phone call. I also called right after a contraction and my body held off on having another one until I hung up. Then the next time I talked on the phone to her, I had my husband call, but took the phone right after a contraction to answer a question. I was fine between contractions even during transition, but it's really the during a contraction part that's more of what they're looking for. Also, if you're on the phone for 8 minutes and there's no contraction, they're also going to think you're not too far along.

In terms of dilation, I wouldn't put much stock in it. You can be 0cm dilated and then go into labor and have a baby that day or you could be 3 cm dilated and have a couple weeks to go.

Ive dilated to one cm...woo. lol

Little man still hasnt dropped all the way but he is heads down so yay for me.

Seems like I got a way to go though.

Well that's good. Something is better than nothing. This waiting game sucks. But I guess the little ones will come whenever their ready lol.

Its all I got to pay attention too these days, lol. She did suggest getting a yoga ball to help him drop further but I have no idea where to look for one. My friend might let me borrow hers if we can find a pump to inflate it. Honestly, its a huge relief to hear that hes in the correct position and that large wiggly lump is his butt and not his head.

I kno the feeling. Any news I get from doctors I take it and run with it hahahha.

Haha.
Pretty much. I did some gentle pelvic rocking and felt him drop some but he wont stay down. He goes right back up after I stop for a few minutes.

Hello all!!

Little man made a very speedy entrance yesterday at 3:18pm, 2 hr labour, nearly a home birth! Was an amazing experience and has completely healed me from my DDs awful one. Still buzzing!

How you all doing?

MrsVenn- that's great news! Congrats! Wow 2hours!

I know I could still have a while but I'm getting anxious for my lo to be here before Christmas! I really don't want her to have her birthday on Christmas or Christmas eve! I'm watching for every sign! If she isn't here by next wed that's fine, but I just hope she waits until after the 26th!!

My baby arrived Tuesday evening 16th at 10:50pm. Went into hospital at just gone 6pm following sweep at midday (where they said I was 3-4cm)

Given my previous delivery I was restricted to labour ward and had fluids and hormone managed third stage to reduce blood loss. Baby heartbeatstayed high throughout so i was strapped to monitor throughout as it was often around the 180 mark. They broke my waters at about 9:3pm to see if that helped bring his heart rate down, which it did a little. He was going crazy in there, midwivest and drs said they've never know such an energetic baby in labour and on his way out he flipped around full 360 on his head!

Only lost 1 litre of blood this time. Had episiotomy and tore, think it's pretty messy tbh as lots of stitches but he's here safe and well weighing 8lb.

Hang in there everyone still waiting

Haha.
Pretty much. I did some gentle pelvic rocking and felt him drop some but he wont stay down. He goes right back up after I stop for a few minutes.

Hahhaa omgness he's such a boy and doing exactly what he wants to do smh lol.

Congrats Venn, soo exciting :).

Ginger I said congrats to u in another post, but congrats again :).

MrsVenn- that's great news! Congrats! Wow 2hours!

I know I could still have a while but I'm getting anxious for my lo to be here before Christmas! I really don't want her to have her birthday on Christmas or Christmas eve! I'm watching for every sign! If she isn't here by next wed that's fine, but I just hope she waits until after the 26th!!

I here you I feel the same way. I gave up wishing what day I want him to be here though :-(. I told myself ima jus go with the flow now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->