Anyone else want just one more child( no.4) but scared?

Lucky4

Reaction score
I am 38 and have 3 lovely kids. I have been ttc no.4 for over 2 years but just had third mc 3 weeks ago. I think I am being greedy and my dad has said to me nature is trying to tell me something and I should settle with 3. I am so grateful fir my kids but feel there is one more to come. I am so scared of another mc or a child with a disability. I am convinced it is my age and my fsh(9.9). Just can't decide what to do. Sorry if this sounds ungrateful for what I have or insensitive to others ttc no.1.

I know what you mean. I have two amazing kids but I too feel this urge to have a 3rd child. I'm waiting to try as crazy as it sounds because I am 38 but my youngest child is just over a year and I need a bit of space before ttc again if it happens for me. It's all in Gods hands x

Sorry to hear about your MC sweetie :hugs: ive got 3 teenage lads 17, 18 and 19 and had another little boy 6mths ago at the age of 40.. since having him i so want just one more and now TTC so fingers crossed for both of us :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your MC sweetie :hugs: ive got 3 teenage lads 17, 18 and 19 and had another little boy 6mths ago at the age of 40.. since having him i so want just one more and now TTC so fingers crossed for both of us :hugs:

Good luck to you. How do you manage the age gap?

I understand the one more part, feel the same, I only want one more, just one please Dear God..... I dont agree with saying that maybe nature is telling you to stop trying because you have M/c, because in the natrual world, we would be just still having sex, not taking any form of BC etc would we? so isnt it nature to say that yes you can still have children, and in nature you can have children still as long as you ovulate and having menstrual cycles, statics are that 1 in 5 pregnancys end in MC, thats really high isnt it when you look at it, i know its soul destroying to have mc, only too well, but even tho my PMA is really low right now, I want to help you get yours back up there, and keep trying, if thats what you want, keep trying and going. Good luck xx

I understand the one more part, feel the same, I only want one more, just one please Dear God..... I dont agree with saying that maybe nature is telling you to stop trying because you have M/c, because in the natrual world, we would be just still having sex, not taking any form of BC etc would we? so isnt it nature to say that yes you can still have children, and in nature you can have children still as long as you ovulate and having menstrual cycles, statics are that 1 in 5 pregnancys end in MC, thats really high isnt it when you look at it, i know its soul destroying to have mc, only too well, but even tho my PMA is really low right now, I want to help you get yours back up there, and keep trying, if thats what you want, keep trying and going. Good luck xx
That is a much better way to look at "nature". You are right, I would be raking nature into my own hands by preventing! Hope your PMA returns soon and good luck

I'm 39 and we have three sons (21, 12 and 9). We found out that I was pregnant in July, we'd not planned any more, so it came as a complete shock. Once over the initial shock we were all really thrilled, however I had a MMC at 8wks, which devastated us all. It made us realise how much we wanted another child and how another child would complete our family. We decided to start TTC straight away, I think because we'd conceived so easily (our one and only slip up in 6 years, sorry TMI, LOL) last time, and as the midwife said you're more fertile after a miscarriage, it would happen really easily. I was hoping so, particularly as I have always had longish and irregular cycles. However, looks like my AF is about to start!!! I can feel myself getting filled with panic, my age, my cycle, abnormalities because of my age!!! OMG why do we put ourselves through this, my husband is fantastic and the miscarriage hit him really hard. Bless him he's 46 and I think over the last month I've worn him out :sex:!!! All for it not to work.

Sorry if I'm ranting, I feel so guilty too when I read some of the stories on here, I'm so lucky to have my lovely boys and husband, and then I feel quite selfish wanting another so badly, I keep saying to myself be grateful for what you've got and get over this!

Good luck to you all :hugs:

I'm 39 and we have three sons (21, 12 and 9). We found out that I was pregnant in July, we'd not planned any more, so it came as a complete shock. Once over the initial shock we were all really thrilled, however I had a MMC at 8wks, which devastated us all. It made us realise how much we wanted another child and how another child would complete our family. We decided to start TTC straight away, I think because we'd conceived so easily (our one and only slip up in 6 years, sorry TMI, LOL) last time, and as the midwife said you're more fertile after a miscarriage, it would happen really easily. I was hoping so, particularly as I have always had longish and irregular cycles. However, looks like my AF is about to start!!! I
can feel myself getting filled with panic, my age, my
cycle, abnormalities because of my age!!! OMG why do
we put ourselves through this, my husband is fantastic and the miscarriage hit him really hard. Bless him he's 46 and I think over the last month I've worn him out :sex:!!! All for it not to work
Sorry if I'm ranting, I feel so guilty too when I read some of the stories on
here, I'm so lucky to have my lovely boys
and husband, and then I feel quite selfish wanting another so badly, I keep saying to
myself be grateful for what you've got and
get over this!

Good luck to you all :hugs:
Sorry fir your loss, it is so devastating, especially the first mc as you don't think it will happen to you. I had my first 3 children so easily, the first month of trying usually. I feel so selfish as well and fir the past 3 weeks have tried to tell myself to give up, but it just doesn't go away. I wonder when I will really give up. Good luck!give your man a few weeks to rest until the next bd marathon!!

Good luck to you. How do you manage the age gap?

Feels weird starting all over again to be honest, the 3 older boys are more like uncles than brothers, but they love the LO to bits.. I just want one more so youngest isnt a only child in a way, but age gap is good :hugs:

i know exactly how you feel. I have a girl about to turn 18 in 3 days, a 11 year old girl and a 2 and 1/2 yr old girl and i just feel there is 1 more child on the way for me, but like you im 37 nearly 38 and i feel guilty that there are other women around that are having trouble getting pregnant with their first child and here i am want baby #4, i had alot of trouble concieving in the past hence the age gaps with the girls, i really want a boy although i would be happy with another girl too :) good luck though :)

i know exactly how you feel. I have a girl about to turn 18 in 3 days, a 11 year old girl and a 2 and 1/2 yr old girl and i just feel there is 1 more child on the way for me, but like you im 37 nearly 38 and i feel guilty that there are other women around that are having trouble getting pregnant with their first child and here i am want baby #4, i had alot of trouble concieving in the past hence the age gaps with the girls, i really want a boy although i would be happy with another girl too :) good luck though :)

https://davf.daisypath.com/l0jkp10.png
I have sore bb's, cramping on the left lower side of the abdomin and im nauseous i have 3 more days until i can test but i have my fingers crossed:)

Good luck, sounds promising. I will ttc after my first af after mc, still waiting 3 and a half weeks later! Nice to know I am not the only one feeling this way about " just one more please". Good luck to us all

I am a mother to four girls aged 20,19,17 & 7 months..we want to have just one more so our LO isn't raised as an "only child" since the others are so much older. My struggle has been when to TTC. I am 38 and DH is almost 42 so considering our ages we don't want to wait to much longer but also I didn't want to have babies too close together. So we decided that we will TTC starting in Jan/11 and we will TTC for one year. Our LO was conceived via IUI so we are going to try on our own this time and if nothing happens within that one year I will have my IUD placed back in and we will be happy with our girls ( though I wouldn't mind a boy :winkwink:).

https://davf.daisypath.com/l0jkp10.png
I have sore bb's, cramping on the left lower side of the abdomin and im nauseous i have 3 more days until i can test but i have my fingers crossed:)

Oh good luck , sweetie

I am a mother to four girls aged 20,19,17 & 7 months..we want to have just one more so our LO isn't raised as an "only child" since the others are so much older. My struggle has been when to TTC. I am 38 and DH is almost 42 so considering our ages we don't want to wait to much longer but also I didn't want to have babies too close together. So we decided that we will TTC starting in Jan/11 and we will TTC for one year. Our LO was conceived via IUI so we are going to try on our own this time and if nothing happens within that one year I will have my IUD placed back in and we will be happy with our girls ( though I wouldn't mind a boy :winkwink:).

Think ive seen or spoken to you before :haha: i have 4 boys 17,18, 19 and 6mths and like you dont want my youngest growing up an only child, me being 40 now im already TTC.. i wouldnt mind a little girl :winkwink: :haha:
Good luck x

Hiya:flower:
I will be 40 on Thursday and have been ttc number 5 for 3 years. I had a mmc in October 09 and I think that was what made me want another one so badly!
I have had all the tests going at my GP with my prolactin levels being super high for 9 years, but they won't help me further due to already having kids.:cry:

So....I went private to the Spire in Edinburgh and my consultant is just lovely!:thumbup: It is costing a small fortune, but DH is totally on board which kinda helps!:haha:
I am currently on my first clomid cycle and awaiting ovulation, so keeping my fingers crossed that it works!:thumbup:

GL to everyone!:thumbup:

Ohh good luck sweetie, will be rooting for you :hugs:

I will be 40 on Thursday and have been ttc number 5 for 3 years. I had a mmc in October 09 and I think that was what made me want another one so badly!
I have had all the tests going at my GP with my prolactin levels being super high for 9 years, but they won't help me further due to already having kids.:cry:

So....I went private to the Spire in Edinburgh and my consultant is just lovely!:thumbup: It is costing a small fortune, but DH is totally on board which kinda helps!:haha:
I am currently on my first clomid cycle and awaiting ovulation, so keeping my fingers crossed that it works!:thumbup:

Best of luck..may you get your BFP soon :thumbup:

Think ive seen or spoken to you before :haha: i have 4 boys 17,18, 19 and 6mths and like you dont want my youngest growing up an only child, me being 40 now im already TTC.. i wouldnt mind a little girl :winkwink: :haha:
Good luck x

Yes, we have spoken in the past...think we were both Feb. lovebugs :haha: I hope you get your BFP very soon ( and it is pink :winkwink:)

Good luck with ttc 5th baby. I think I wanted baby more after mmc as you have a few weeks when you have that extra child in your minds eye. Gl with clomid, why do you have high prolactin? Does that cause anovulation?:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->