Anyone else want just one more child( no.4) but scared?

Hiya:flower:
I will be 40 on Thursday and have been ttc number 5 for 3 years. I had a mmc in October 09 and I think that was what made me want another one so badly!
I have had all the tests going at my GP with my prolactin levels being super high for 9 years, but they won't help me further due to already having kids.:cry:

So....I went private to the Spire in Edinburgh and my consultant is just lovely!:thumbup: It is costing a small fortune, but DH is totally on board which kinda helps!:haha:
I am currently on my first clomid cycle and awaiting ovulation, so keeping my fingers crossed that it works!:thumbup:

GL to everyone!:thumbup:

Good luck hun i really hope this works for you, and im really glad im not the only one out there who wants more after teenagers lol :)
https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttb22a9.aspx

Hiya:flower:
I will be 40 on Thursday and have been ttc number 5 for 3 years. I had a mmc in October 09 and I think that was what made me want another one so badly!
I have had all the tests going at my GP with my prolactin levels being super high for 9 years, but they won't help me further due to already having kids.:cry:

So....I went private to the Spire in Edinburgh and my consultant is just lovely!:thumbup: It is costing a small fortune, but DH is totally on board which kinda helps!:haha:
I am currently on my first clomid cycle and awaiting ovulation, so keeping my fingers crossed that it works!:thumbup:

GL to everyone!:thumbup:
Good luck with ttc 5th baby. I think I wanted baby more after mmc as you have a few weeks when you have that extra child in your minds eye. Gl with clomid, why do you have high prolactin? Does that cause anovulation?:hugs:

The docs don't really know why I have high prolactin. I have had MRI scans for a prolactinoma but they didn't find one.:shrug:
They also said it may be caused by stress! I told my GP that I wasn't stressed, but I bloody well am now after 9 years!!!!:haha:

Yeah it can cause anovulation because it messes with the pituitary signals. If the pituitary is stimulated to produce breast milk, which mine does, then your body thinks you are breastfeeding and can suppress ovulation.:wacko:

Even when I do occasionally ovulate, my progesterone is very low in the luteal phase, so I'm hoping Clomid will boost that too!:thumbup:

Howz everyone else doing today?:hugs:

I am sure the clomid will do the trick, will you get day 21 progesterones done?
I am just waiting for af, think I ov'd last Thursday, nearly 3 weeks after mc. Didn't bd cause just not in mood at moment, luckily dh very understanding though he never mentions mc.it's like it never happened.still undecided whether to ttc again but think I will regret it if I don't in a few years when it might be too late.

Hi
I'm a bit of an imposter here because I'm turning 34 but have way more in common here!
I have 3 boys aged 3, 7 and turning 10. We had decided on 3 children but for the last 3 years I have been a doula and I feel I want to give birth again with the knowledge I have now. (and I'd REALLY like a girl)
With my boys, we conceived on the first try. I just assumed that the same would happen again. We started trying last month, but we're trying the Shettles method for a girl which means you avoid ovulation so we :sex: up to 5 days before ovulation - erring on the side of caution!
Anyway, thought I was fine with the idea of it not happening and trying again this month but so far 12 days late and all hpt's :bfn:
I'm so confused!
I feel pregnant but maybe I'm thinking myself into it. Wish I knew either way so i knew what was going on

Hi
I'm a bit of an imposter here because I'm turning 34 but have way more in common here!
I have 3 boys aged 3, 7 and turning 10. We had decided on 3 children but for the last 3 years I have been a doula and I feel I want to give birth again with the knowledge I have now. (and I'd REALLY like a girl)
With my boys, we conceived on the first try. I just assumed that the same would happen again. We started trying last month, but we're trying the Shettles method for a girl which means you avoid ovulation so we :sex: up to 5 days before ovulation - erring on the side of caution!
Anyway, thought I was fine with the idea of it not happening and trying again this month but so far 12 days late and all hpt's :bfn:
I'm so confused!
I feel pregnant but maybe I'm thinking myself into it. Wish I knew either way so i knew what was going on

your not an imposter at all, anyone is welcome on here, i know exactly how you feel though, how bout you send some of the boy stuff this way and ill send you some girl stuff lol i really want a boy this time :) im 2 days late and in the same position, all bfn's so far but i last tested yesterday morning, and i could have gotton my dates wrong coz im not really regular, but here to hoping for a bfp asap :)

I darnt leave it 4-5 days before ovulation incase they go on strike whilst up there :haha: really want a girl, but trying to bed every other day now, what will be will be... did think after a 17yr gap my last LO would of been a girl, but nope 4th boy :shrug: love him to bits tho :hugs:

I had IUI done on OV day and still had my fourth daughter...not sure I beleive all the methods on conceiving boy/girl..

af showed up today :cry:

I was too weeks late which never happens to me so I was really hopeful

I have 3 children - 21, 19 and 12. All wonderful children and I love them dearly. I am 39 years old and I got remarried 6 years ago. My DH and I both have children from previous relationships, but we would like a child together. I don't think a child will complete us or make us feel closer, but I feel like I deserve one more baby. I have worked hard, raised my 3 kids by myself, and it would be nice to experience raising a baby with my partner. We are starting IUI next month and I'm just waiting for AF to rear her ugly head so I can start the meds. If God doesn't bless us with child I will be devastated, but I can at least say I tried.

Good luck sweetie, i was also 40 when i had my LO 6mths ago :happydance: FX to you :hugs:

Hi all. Im also so badly wanting another child. I have 2 boys 18, 15 and my little girl 22 months. I'm 39. I do feel like everybody else that I'm so lucky to have my brood, but when you get the idea in your head to start ttc it does become an obsession, what with your biological clock ticking so loudly and stories of egg quality etc it can be a very upsetting time overall. I got pregnant this year but was a chemical pregnancy, so now I'm thinking even if I do become pregnant again I will have the constant worry if I'll miscarry again. It's like your worry is never over until you actually get to hold your LO. I also had a mc before my daughter so know how I drove myself mad with worries of all sorts. To top it all off one of my friends who's 40 has just let me know that she is 3 months gone. My reaction at first was that I'm very happy for her but on the other I'm feeling a bit miffed as she drinks at least a bottle of wine a night, still has the occasional mad night out but still manages on her 1st time of trying! She also tells me her cousin is 43 and is also pregnant. It does give you hope hearing these things,but also makes you angry with yourself for having such negative feelings about your friend. Of course I played the actress and was very happy for her, it just Wouldnt be right to ever let her know how I felt, that would be unforgivable on my part. Anyway I REALLY hope you all don't have to wait long for your bfps and that you have trouble free and healthy 9 months. Xx

Hi ladies!

I'm 38 (and a half..lol) and have 4 children: 17, 14, 10, and 7. I've wanted "just one more" for a very long time, but had to wait for my slow-poke husband (42) to get on board with that, and he finally did. We've been trying for a long time...maybe 2 years now (I don't know when we started. But I've been charting on Fertility Friend for 13 cycles). I learned several months ago that my husband's blood pressure medication is also known as "the male contraceptive". Uhhh, that would have been nice to know a LONG time ago! Once he was prescribed different meds, there was a 3 month wait before his swimmers would no longer be affected. So really, it's like we just got started a few months ago. I hope the medication was our only problem--besides our "advanced age" grrrr! I don't feel old at all, but in baby-making years people act as though I'm downright ancient! :growlmad:

My mom got pregnant with my baby sister when she was 38. I'm sure it will happen for us. Good luck to you all! :dust:

Hi All,

I gave birth this year to Sonny, I am 40 years old.

You can and will have a healthy child!

We are TTC No.4 as our 4 and 5 year old are sooo close we want the same for Sonny. Even though his just a few months old we shall manage, I dont want to wait i am old enough as it is!

Your not mad at all, just suffering from baby love - nothing wrong with that!

GL to all.

xxxx

Good luck dt1234565 same as me i want another for Korben so he not a only child as his brothers are 17,18 & 19... I was also 40 back in March when i had him :thumbup:

Hi All,

I gave birth this year to Sonny, I am 40 years old.

You can and will have a healthy child!

We are TTC No.4 as our 4 and 5 year old are sooo close we want the same for Sonny. Even though his just a few months old we shall manage, I dont want to wait i am old enough as it is!

Your not mad at all, just suffering from baby love - nothing wrong with that!

GL to all.

xxxx

Congrats! I LOVE hearing success stories! I know what you mean about wanting another so your little one can share a close bond with a sibling. I'm kind of hoping for twins...as unlikely as that is, so that if I have a baby, he or she won't feel like an only child. Good luck making your next little one! :flower:

Hi, I have two daughters, ages seven and nine, but I've known since my second daughter's birth that one more little girl is supposed to join our family. It took me a few yrs to convince DH that I would need grief counseling to get over not having her. Not joking on this. She is very real to me, just not here yet. Hoping she will be here next summer!

Hi, I have two daughters, ages seven and nine, but I've known since my second daughter's birth that one more little girl is supposed to join our family. It took me a few yrs to convince DH that I would need grief counseling to get over not having her. Not joking on this. She is very real to me, just not here yet. Hoping she will be here next summer!

Mamabel, thanks for sharing your situation. I'm happy your hubby saw it your way. :winkwink: Good luck! :flower:

I know what you mean i have always felt i would have a boy, i have even dreamed about him, i know his name and what he looks like and everything and after 3 girls im really looking forward to meeting him :) maybe we can watch each others progress together :)
:flower: for your future :baby: that is on the way, you will be :happydance: and will be on :cloud9: :) then there will be lots of :hugs: lol gotta love this site :)

Hi gals, I am 10 days dpo and nauseous, so maybe my little Lieren will be here soon. I don't know what she looks like, but can't wait to have my arms full of baby...and nursing....god how I miss that! This poor little 'last baby' will probably be nursed until she's eating steak...and sooooo spoiled! It's all I can do to not buy cute little girl outfits in the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->