Anyone else want to fast-forward..?!

MemmaJ

Reaction score
This has been the longest pregnancy ever so far. I've been unwell since I was 5 weeks, and have been signed off work for the past 8 weeks because of it (I'm going back to work tomorrow).

I'm only 18 weeks today and it feels like I've been pregnant forever already because it's just been so bad. I have a bump but arguably I could just look like I've got a chunky belly (can't see the bump in baggy clothes), and not feeling any movements yet either (anterior placenta) - so I'm not even getting the 'nice bits' yet :-(

I keep remembering the excitement and anticipation at the end last time, of waiting for labour to happen; analysing every little twinge and wondering if this was 'it', and then the excitement when it actually happened and we knew baby was coming... I just want to fast forward to that bit now...!

Anyone else impatient already?!

Sorry you've been so unwell, must have been an utterly miserable time. This is my first and now I'm out of morning stickiness and feeling twinges and have a bump I'm loving it. I am just trying to enjoy everyday as I've waited a long time to be pregnant, and although it's different from how I imagined it feeling, I do love it. I'm sure once you get a bump and feel baby move you'll love it too. I'm sure you'll not have much longer to wait xx

Me for sure! Sounds like you've had a really rough time, sorry you've been so unwell. I was pretty sick and it didn't really lift until week 18 and even now I feel sick at some point most days. But it's more minor and I can ignore it on the whole. But now I have awful heartburn, heart palpitations and very randomly, incredibly sore ribs! I find it impossible to get comfy at work, no matter what position I put my chair in! Then at home, laying down takes edge off the rib pain but makes me heartburn even worse! It's a no win situation! I do have a bump and I feel strong kicks which is very cool but I do find myself wishing away time to May so I can eat spicy food again, drink a Coke and not feel sick anymore!

I think it's fairly natural if you aren't feeling well, I don't beat myself up about it. I love this little one and want her to stay put until she's fully grown but I will be glad to have her here and loose the pregnancy symptoms!

Yes! I'm only 15 weeks but had bad sickness too and although it's loads better I still fell nauseous quite often and I'm so tired that some times I just can't keep my eyes open and fall asleep on the sofa!

Also now I'm getting a pain on my left side that comes and goes and is better if I've drank a lot the midwife says it's round ligament pain but I've read that it should only last seconds but mine can last up to 10/15 mins but laying on my left side and drinking water help so I don't know!

Anyway sorry that turned into a moan my point was I'm ready to be at the end of my pregnancy now!

First trimester dragged so slowly that I would sit and cry thinking how am I going to make it to July like this? Since getting on anti-nausea medication I've been able to eat again and although I'm not back up to my pre-pregnancy weight yet now that I'm entering second trimester I'm able to eat meals again - for now.

This pregnancy is so different from my first, I'm praying that this first week of second trimester is just a glimpse of a better time than with my first. I'm scared to get my hopes up of things starting to go smoothly because what if tomorrow I wake up terribly sick again and in so much pain and discomfort like I was with DD?

I'm having left sided pain too, my midwife thinks it might be bowels since it doesn't feel the same as round ligament pains. I hope things start looking up for you!

I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill, hopefully you're past the worst of it now. I take medication for the nausea so I don't feel too bad on that front anymore but my spd/pgd is back with a vengeance and rolling in bed is already becoming painful so from that aspect I want to fast forward but at the same time this is our last and we'll have a tiny age gap that I want to stretch out as much as possible.

Me me me! I hated being pregnant with my daughter and I'm not enjoying it any more this time around. I had terrible sickness that just eased a few weeks ago, but the nausea still lingers all day every day. I am back to work full time and don't get home from work until 1 am, then have to get up with my daughter at 7am. To make matters worse my daughter has decided this week that 4:30 am is a totally appropriate time to wake up for the day, I feel more like a zombie than I did when she was a newborn! I cannot wait until June so I can get this baby out of me and I will never be pregnant again!

Yeah... Me... I feel awful. I'm in horrible pain today. I keep thinking I'm further along than I am :( Then I remember where I actually am. It makes me sad sometimes. :(

Oh well. It's all worth it.

Yes, but then I picture in my head just how hard being sleep deprived was with DS and realise I will be sleep deprived with a new baby AND have DS to look after so then I wish pregnancy lasted a year haha

Yes, but then I picture in my head just how hard being sleep deprived was with DS and realise I will be sleep deprived with a new baby AND have DS to look after so then I wish pregnancy lasted a year haha

I feel the same! Fed up of being pregnant now - I've just reached the 'I'm uncomfortable no matter what I do' stage...and just can't wait to meet my new little guy. But at the same time, I'm trying to enjoy the time with just my DS and the calm before the storm!! :wacko:

I feel the same! Fed up of being pregnant now - I've just reached the 'I'm uncomfortable no matter what I do' stage...and just can't wait to meet my new little guy. But at the same time, I'm trying to enjoy the time with just my DS and the calm before the storm!! :wacko:

Pretty much! Kids are hard work!

I just want the excitement of waiting for labour and all of that nice stuff now! I'm too impatient to wait..!

I had an awful first tri with constant debilitating nausea even on meds all the way up through 16 weeks. Now I'm just feeling okay with that and I am starting to notice new symptoms that I'm not thrilled about. I have found I don't love pregnancy, so yeah I think I'll be glad for it to be over and have the baby finally. Thought I would like pregnancy more than I do. It's kind of a weird thing to happen to our bodies, and it is all so new to me that I think it's normal not to love having your body taken over by all this stuff.

I can't really say I've been all that sick, but I do wanna get to a point where I can feel proper movements. And I can't wait to finally announce it on social media and then start planning my baby shower. :)

I want to fast forward too. I want to get to the point where I can feel her moving and I want to get past my anatomy scan too. I never fully relax in pregnancy until I know the baby is looking good at 20 weeks (which I know is silly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->