Anyone else want to lose weight before TTC?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been wanting about baby for a while now, I have 2 beautiful children already, but wish to add to my brood :)

I want to lose weight beforehand though, with my 1st I gained 4 stone, and never managed to lose it, with my 2nd I gained 15lb, but, weighed less when I had her.

I have lost 3 stone and 1lb so far through slimming world, and I would like to lose an extra 2 stone before TTC so it may be a long WTT!

Anyone else?

Hi
I also wanna lose weight before ttc. I put on 2 stones with my daughter, which I lost soon after, but somehow its crept up again in the last year. Have a goal of 10kg by ttc date in jan.
Good luck with ur weight loss

Would love to lose 15kg. Realistically though 10 would be fine! That will take me down to 70kg, my pre-wedding, pre-miscarriages weight. One of my friends gave me a list of some healthy meals to make. Just have to get the motivation to actually start making them. I've lost my passion! :(

I'm in the process of losing weight to help regulate my cycles ready for ttc. 17lb down and af is here for the first time in quite a while :happydance:

I've got to lose weight before TTC our 1st. Have lost 1st 5lb with SW, still got another 3st to go! But as soon as the weight is off then its all systems go! xx

I would like to. I was 140 lbs when I got pregnant (not my ideal weight) and gained 23 lbs. I lost the weight in two weeks after the birth but now I'm up to 150! How did that happen??
I definitely want to lose some before I ttc again. I do cut calories but it doesn't seem to help. I need to be more active.
My wedding weight was 117 but that is neither realistic nor the healthiest weight either. I think a good range is 125-135 for me. 125 ideal 135 more realistic.

I would like to. I was 140 lbs when I got pregnant (not my ideal weight) and gained 23 lbs. I lost the weight in two weeks after the birth but now I'm up to 150! How did that happen??
I definitely want to lose some before I ttc again. I do cut calories but it doesn't seem to help. I need to be more active.
My wedding weight was 117 but that is neither realistic nor the healthiest weight either. I think a good range is 125-135 for me. 125 ideal 135 more realistic.

This is very similar to my ideal weight... I've been around 140 for a long time until ~2 months ago...
I've cut out major carb sources (rice, bread, pasta) from my diet (I sometimes cheat on weekends) and have managed to stay around 134 for a couple weeks now... We are actively TTC, but I am hoping that I can be ~125 when we actually conceive

It's good to see I'm not alone then :)

Good luck to you all as well, its the only thing that keeps me not reaching for chocolate and crisps, I keep thinking if you eat that then it'll be longer!

Good luck to you all as well, its the only thing that keeps me not reaching for chocolate and crisps, I keep thinking if you eat that then it'll be longer!

I did exactly this last night, it was an emotional day and we'd actually got a bag of sweets in ready to seperate into bags for halloween and I was so close to opening them, but it was the thought of ttc that stopped me. So instead I ended up with some cereal and then later on scrambled egg on toast :D

I did exactly this last night, it was an emotional day and we'd actually got a bag of sweets in ready to seperate into bags for halloween and I was so close to opening them, but it was the thought of ttc that stopped me. So instead I ended up with some cereal and then later on scrambled egg on toast :D

Good for you!

It is a hard, I hate the term 'On a diet' makes me crave so much more, so I call it a 'Lifestyle change'

I set a goal of getting under 30 BMI before I start TTC again, I know this will still class me as over weight but takes me out of the obese category and I can still carry on dieting while TTC.
I have lost 15 pounds so far but should of been a bigger loss as I had an awful week last week and gained back 3 pounds instead of losing :blush:
Only 9 weeks left until Christmas so need to knuckle down and see where I am at then, hopefully we get to start TTC on Christmas day FX

Yes, Christmas (and before that, Thanksgiving!) is looming in my mind.

I'm down about 15lbs from when I started losing weight two years ago. It's been slooooow but pretty steady. Well now that I think about it it has kind of stalled in the last 6 months! But I am running more and trying to pay attention to what I eat. So hopefully it will start nudging down again.

I'm not sure what my 'ideal' weight is. I think another 10lbs down would have me back to my early 20's weight (I'm 31 now) which would be nice.

Ideally I would have loved to lose 30lbs before having children. Wish I could say the reason I haven't yet is because of any other reason than....well, I love food.

I don't think i'm horribly overweight. But the last time I went to the Dr. she even suggested I lose a few so....

I have tried every diet out there, but it just doesn't work for me. And I don't have a whole lot of time to commit to working out.

I was just talking to my friend who did Jenny Craig and has lost about 35lbs (within this last year) and might look into that. Since my issue is really CONTROL. I snack too much. And eat when i'm bored, sad, stressed.

I'm worried I'd pay for a program and just cheat all the time.

Anyone have pointers? What works for you?

You're such an inspiration! I wish I'd logged on before I went through a box of chocolate this evening!! Good for you!!:thumbup:

You're such an inspiration! I wish I'd logged on before I went through a box of chocolate this evening!! Good for you!!:thumbup:

:blush:

honestly you wouldn't have said that the week before just before af was starting, I was so off plan :dohh:

I have a theory on why it's extra hard when wtt, I think subconsciously because I want to be pregnant and have a pregnant bump my subconscious wants me to be fat so I feel and look like it's a bump. I lost 2st and I'd like to lose another 1/2st but Iv hit a wall and it's like I psychologically can't go any further.

I have a theory on why it's extra hard when wtt, I think subconsciously because I want to be pregnant and have a pregnant bump my subconscious wants me to be fat so I feel and look like it's a bump. I lost 2st and I'd like to lose another 1/2st but Iv hit a wall and it's like I psychologically can't go any further.

Ideally I would have loved to lose 30lbs before having children. Wish I could say the reason I haven't yet is because of any other reason than....well, I love food.

I don't think i'm horribly overweight. But the last time I went to the Dr. she even suggested I lose a few so....

I have tried every diet out there, but it just doesn't work for me. And I don't have a whole lot of time to commit to working out.

I was just talking to my friend who did Jenny Craig and has lost about 35lbs (within this last year) and might look into that. Since my issue is really CONTROL. I snack too much. And eat when i'm bored, sad, stressed.

I'm worried I'd pay for a program and just cheat all the time.

Anyone have pointers? What works for you?

Have you tried Slimming World recently? Their extra easy plan is brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->