Anyone else want to lose weight before TTC?

I'm doing slimming world and can't recommend it enough

I am hoping to shed another 14lb by the time we start TTC at the end of December. But thats a tad ambitious, so anything lost will be a bonus and i'll carry on whilst TTC. Since Feb 2012 i've lost nearly 3 stone (slow and steady right ;) )

Good luck girls xx

I've never heard of Slimming World but will look into it today! Thanks!! :) for some reason that just gave me a spring in my step! lol

Well I've gone totally off the bandwagon today, I hurt my calf running yesterday and it's like I am doubling down on the consequences by also eating all the chocolate I can get my grubby hands on and not being able to work it off! Sigh.

Well I've gone totally off the bandwagon today, I hurt my calf running yesterday and it's like I am doubling down on the consequences by also eating all the chocolate I can get my grubby hands on and not being able to work it off! Sigh.

Don't worry we all have our 'Off' days! Just get back on it today and don't let it ruin the rest of your week. x

I went down to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes of pilates and 30 minutes of upper-body weights - just trying to avoid using my calf! Trying to rest it while still getting something of a workout in.

I went down to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes of pilates and 30 minutes of upper-body weights - just trying to avoid using my calf! Trying to rest it while still getting something of a workout in.

that sounds like a really good idea :D that's dedication right there

I'm losing weight before TTC.
I've got PCOS and had been bigger most of my 20s :( My weight has been in the 12st-13st range for a while and when I got pregnant I was 13st 9lbs. I went down to 13st 5lbs in my first trimester and eventually finished at 14st 2lbs when I gave birth and the day after was 13st 5lbs again. I've been in the 13st range since and only recently managed to shift some weight. I'm currently 12st 10lbs and would like to be below 12st 7lbs when I TTC#2 but am not holding off because of weight. I know I was lucky last time to only put on the weight of the baby and hope I'm that lucky again!
Currently what's been helping me is to have my 'dinner'/hot meal in the middle of the day and have sandwiches/cereal in the evening, and also exercising more.

I am trying to lose weight for our wedding and ttc. Following slimming world and I am loving it, I don't feel like I'm dieting and I'm never hungry but the weight is still coming off, I started at 13st 1 (mid August) and my target is under 11st 7lb by July. So far it's looking like it will happen, I am already at around 12st 7lb :D good luck to everyone.

It's nice to see so many in the same boat :)

I had a chat with OH last night and agreed that once I get to 12 stone (25lb away) then we will start TTC, but I will remain on slimming world and still try to lose/maintain the extra.

I have been so big for so long that I have forgotten when I felt comfy with my size :(

I had a chat with OH last night and agreed that once I get to 12 stone (25lb away) then we will start TTC, but I will remain on slimming world and still try to lose/maintain the extra.

I have been so big for so long that I have forgotten when I felt comfy with my size :(

that's what I love about slimming world, that you can still follow it when pregnant and breastfeeding :happydance:

that's what I love about slimming world, that you can still follow it when pregnant and breastfeeding :happydance:

I know! Me too, there is a lady in my class that is about 6 months and she is doing great! Don't know what extra she has to have I know she gets more 'A' choice though for her calcium in take.

Hey there:hi: I also gained alot during my pregnancy(70lbs:wacko:) and since have lost about 35-40lbs of it but I have tons of loose skin so Im going to work on toning and losing alittle more weight before ttc. My goal is to be around 140 which is less then I was even pre-pregnancy(I was 145 before) its a hard goal but Im pretty determined so here's to hoping:thumbup: goodluck to you all:hugs:

Hey there:hi: I also gained alot during my pregnancy(70lbs:wacko:) and since have lost about 35-40lbs of it but I have tons of loose skin so Im going to work on toning and losing alittle more weight before ttc. My goal is to be around 140 which is less then I was even pre-pregnancy(I was 145 before) its a hard goal but Im pretty determined so here's to hoping:thumbup: goodluck to you all:hugs:

Hello!

Hiya girls..

My problem is that with the cold weather coming I want really hearty comfort food.. I always gain in winter and then shed it in summer. I have got to come up with a plan.

xx

Hiya girls..

My problem is that with the cold weather coming I want really hearty comfort food.. I always gain in winter and then shed it in summer. I have got to come up with a plan.

xx

Do you have a slow cooker?

You can make all sorts in it, stews, curries, chilli's the list goes on, I love mine!

Yeah I do, but I get bored as I seem to always make the same things.. Might look into new healthier recipes. This morning has started well, I weighed out my cereal (fruit & fibre) and I am planning on a cuppa soup for lunch. Maybe some fruit for snacking.

Thanks hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->