Anyone else want to lose weight before TTC?

Bahh! I only lost 1 lb this week. I know that's the recommended amount to lose, but this is going to be such a battle if I only lose a pound a week. :(

My BFF called me this morning and officially asked me to be a bridesmaid. And her wedding is at the end of July. Which realistically means I only have 3 months to lose some weight.

Bahh! I only lost 1 lb this week. I know that's the recommended amount to lose, but this is going to be such a battle if I only lose a pound a week. :(

My BFF called me this morning and officially asked me to be a bridesmaid. And her wedding is at the end of July. Which realistically means I only have 3 months to lose some weight.

Well done! 1lb is really good! That's 3500 calories you burnt off.:thumbup:

Tweak0605 as long as it goes down that's all that matters :) well done on your loss

Hi all - I would like to lose 2 stone before we start trying for our 2nd. My little boy will be 2 in March. Hoping to start trying around June time. 1st week of slimming world this week and lost 5.5lbs which I was thrilled with. I put on a ridiculous amount of weight in my last pregnancy - around 6 stone, I pretty much ate my way through it, it started when the nausea began - the only thing that helped was bread and crumpets! This time around I shall be aiming to keep the weight gain minimal as I now know how long it takes to lose it!

I'm maintaining. I'd rather be losing! But I just spent a week in DC at a conference, eating out and drinking every night, so I guess maintaining is still a win!

We start TTC in three weeks. Maybe I'll aim for another 3lb in those three weeks. That'll get me back into the 60's. I mean, I know I can keep being active and making good food choices once I start TTC, but for some reason I'm really hung up on the mental hurdle of being 'in the 60's' when I start. Even if it's 69.9kg. :haha: That'll also mean my BMI (which I know is bunk but it's easy to track at least) will have nudged back into 'normal'. I'm like 25.3 at the moment. 3lbs will make me 24.9 :haha:

Yeah, I won't TTC before losing some weight. In total, I want to lose like 80 pounds. Before TTC I want to lose at least 30. My thyroid is all messed up and I have no appetite, so I am in no way physically ready to TTC.

Good luck to all you ladies!

I'm very small and after weighing myself and doing my BMI I got the fright of my life I was classed as overweight at 9st so I want to lose 21lbs just so I can feel myself and comfortable again

any loss is a great achievement :hugs: It should get easier as it gets warmer (or at least that's what I keep telling myself :haha)

I've always been overweight but I'm currently at my heaviest. I was diagnosed with gallstones during my first pregnancy and lost 40kg. It was not the healthiest way to lose weight cause I wasn't eating anything, and if I did I was throwing it up a few hours later. No wonder I've lost so much weight :/ (I've gained it all back after I've had my gallbladder removed) But when I tried losing it through healthy diets it was quite unsuccessful. I noticed it was harder for me to diet when I set goals. Like I would get to have a baby only if I lose so much weight.. and it was stressing me so much when I couldn't see any difference. So now what I'm doing is making healthier meal choices. I'll lose my weight when I lose it. We're wtt until March this year :) I know I'm eating right and that's all that matters :)

I was down another pound last week! Doing well with my eating, and now I'm doing the 30 day shred every night after Abbigail goes to bed. It's hard doing it at 7:30, when all I want to do is crash in bed!

That's awesome Tweak!!!

I am *still* maintaining. Sigh. I keep hurting myself in little ways (bruised foot, rolled ankle, and head cold all in the last two weeks) which is killing my exercise. But I'm keeping the eating under control at least.

Good luck ladies!

One reason we are wtt is for me to lose my baby weight (among other reasons). I want to go back to my pre-wedding and pre-ttc weight and giving myself a year to do so. 12 kilos to go!

Well I'm still struggling, I just can't seem to get back on track!

We have decided to TTC#3 in September as well, so I really need to kick myself up the bum and get shifting some more weight, I am determined to be a yummy mummy!

Me! I've never had a problem with weight until I miscarried in 2011. Before that I stayed between 135lbs and 140lbs which is where I like to be and feel the best, and I never watched what I ate or exercised or worried about portions. Then after I miscarried I jumped up to 155lbs, but my eating habits didn't change, like I didn't eat more out of depression or anything like that the weight just came on:nope: Well 155lbs is my pre pregnancy weight and what I would like to get back to before I conceive this next time, but that puts me at having to lose 20lbs in 3 or 4 months!!:wacko:I gained 50lbs during my pregnancy and lost 21lbs of that a week after delivery and then it just stalled:sad1: I lost another 10 in the past 8 months or so, but that is in 8 MONTHS!!! I have joined a gym and went almost every day before the holidays, then right when I was fixing to go back my mom was put in the hospital for 2 weeks and we thought she was going to die at one point, then me and DS got sick with a stomach virus, then DS got really sick with roseola, then I went to the gym for 4 days last week and this past Monday only to get snowed in (IN ALABAMA!!!) the past 3 days, and now today the roads are finally passable but I have suddenly come down with a head cold!! WTF?!?!?! Anyway, so since I have never had a weight issue before I have NO IDEA what I am doing! I was busting my butt at the gym and my weight stayed at 178:growlmad: I have been trying to eat healthy but I think my main problem is portion control. I eat really fast (got that from my dad who literally shovels food in his mouth:dohh:) so I always eat way too much, which I am trying to stay conscious of and correct. Then on top of that I used to be a smoker before DS so now, if I'm honest, I boredom eat. I know I know, nibble on carrot sticks or something, but that just never happens. I actually LOST 4lbs over the holidays, but when I started back to the gym it has started creeping back up?! What gives?? ANY ADVISE YOU LADIES COULD GIVE I WOULD BE SO GREATFULL FOR! Best of luck to the rest of you ladies in your weight loss journeys!!

What types of things are you doing at the gym, ds? Are you tracking your measurements as well, or just inches? If you're gaining muscle and losing fat, it can take awhile for the scales to budge.

My advice for the gym is to have a goal - like sign up for a race or an event with friends or something. That keeps me much more interested and excited!

Well Monday through Thursday I do the classes. They cut out my normal Monday class so now it will be Multimix which is kinda like arobics with some weights, Tues and Thurs I do Zumba and abs, Wed I do muscle max which is weights and toning with abs, then Fri and Sat I do between 4 and 6 miles on the elliptical. I don't have a tape measure at my house. I keep meaning to go get the one from my old house, but just never remember or have the time. I've never been known for my patience lol. I guess I just want to see a change NOW:dohh:but I know that's not logical lol

Yeah if you're doing weights at all you're probably gaining muscle. Definitely grab a tape measure!!!

Hiya, I'm hoping to lose 2-3 stone before end of May 2014. I've just had the coil removed and hoping this will help as I seem to keep losing and regaining a stone. I was high BMI throughout my last 2 pregnancies but managed to gain 24-28 lbs and lose it within weeks of each babies birth. I'd love to convince consultant if I'm eating better and babies size is in normal range to try for VBA2C

How's it going for people? I'm still up and down, had to completely give up chocolate for now as I just can't stop after the first bite. It means though I'm wanting it often, meh :(

I'm down almost 7 lbs! It took me a week or 2 to real start losing, but now I'm doing well. Averaging 2ish lbs a week, sometimes less, but that's what I want! I eat at least 1300 cals a day and do the 30 day shred at night with my dh. I can def tell on my pants that I've lost some weight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->