Anyone else want to lose weight before TTC?

:hi: Sarah and welcome. This is a great thread full of very supportive people in the same boat as you so I hope you enjoy your stay:flower:

Hi Ladies,

I thought I might join this thread? If that's OK?

I'm also losing weight pre TTC. We start trying in February next year so I have a finite amount of time and it's giving me such great motivation! I'm going to get back to wedding weight. I got so lazzzzy over the past couple of years and I got close to wedding weight a couple of times but not quite there. This time is different, I'm back on WW and it's the motivation I need. I've lost 6.9kilos in 5 weeks and I have about 14 kilos to go. I'm confident I can do it by Feb next year & start the baby journey feeling and looking good!

I'm a teacher and I'm 7 days away from a holiday.

I also booked a random holiday with my best friend to Samoa, we leave two days after Christmas so there is some extra push there as I don't want to be standing out for all the wrong reasons... :p

Hello to you both :wave:

It is a struggle but we will all get there :)

I'm still having a hard time getting back on slimming world, I have my weigh in on Wednesday and I'm dreading it :(

I also want/need to lose weight. With my first 6 years ago I lost it all instantly I worked in retail and did heavy lifting and breast fed to 1.5 years. I was probably thinner by the time I switched to an office job than I was when I got pregnant with DD. So I gained a bit of weight, then we got married and got pregnant with with DS, was put on Implanon 3 weeks after having him and lost about 20 lbs while BF. Once I stopped BF the scale just kept going up. I tried Weight Watchers and exercise. Most I could lose was 10 LBS Now I am up to 190 and I am 5'4. I have always had a fairly athletic body.. I miss it. I want to be healthy before I get pregnant again. I finally took my Implanon out (past Friday), which I honestly believe made me retain a lot of the weight. I will be hormone free from now on. I have realized that every time I have gained weight was during a time where I was on some sort of hormonal contraceptive. Maybe that is the key. From now on it's limiting my diet and exercising!

Welcom Mrslula.

I agree about contraception been a big factor to weight gain, I have struggled with my weight since I had DS, I came off BC mini pill just over a year ago and have managed to lose 3st 8lb!

We aren't using any contraception at the moment but we are been careful around fertile times, but I am worried that when we do have another baby I will have to go on some sort of BC again otherwise I will be thinking I am pregnant every month! But I don't want to pile it all back on through the pill :(

Guess I'll deal with that when it comes around.

Welcom Mrslula.

I agree about contraception been a big factor to weight gain, I have struggled with my weight since I had DS, I came off BC mini pill just over a year ago and have managed to lose 3st 8lb!

We aren't using any contraception at the moment but we are been careful around fertile times, but I am worried that when we do have another baby I will have to go on some sort of BC again otherwise I will be thinking I am pregnant every month! But I don't want to pile it all back on through the pill :(

Guess I'll deal with that when it comes around.

Thank you for the welcome. I too worry about BC options after the next baby. I've tried to ask DH to get a vesectomy but he will not even consider it. He would prefer if I stayed away from tubal ligation. I guess we will have to get real good at family planning.

I know! I know I'm not on BC now but if I got pregnant we would be over the moon, whereas in a couple of years I don't 'think' we would be planning number 4! But who knows lol.

Can I ask what BC is please... sorry :dohh:

Im hoping to start losing weight after Christmas and the new year comes in :thumbup:

Birth control!

Okay, I am about back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight. If I can lose another couple of pounds before Christmas (so 1lb a week) I'll have some buffer for the weight I'm sure to put back on! I'd really like to get to 150 lbs, and I'm only 3 lbs away, but with Christmas in the mix....

You can do it Melly!!

I am back on track ladies!! I lost half a pound last night, and have had a syn free day today :) feeling so much better for it too, fingers crossed for a good week x

Well done on the weight loss and your syn free day today, Carly! :)

Hi ladies! Might I join you?

I just had my DD 11 weeks ago. We are WTT for #2 sometime in 2014, not officially decided when yet. Anyway, I'd like to lose my baby weight before ttc again. I gained 55 lbs with her, eek! I've still got an extra 30 lbs to go. I've never had to watch what I ate or even work out before but not any more. Hoping ill get there soon as I'd like to ttc sooner than later but worry ill never have my body back if I don't lose the weight first.

My problem is I'd rather sleep than work out!

You can do it Melly!!

I am back on track ladies!! I lost half a pound last night, and have had a syn free day today :) feeling so much better for it too, fingers crossed for a good week x

Way to go sweetie :happydance: Good luck this week xx

Hi ladies! Might I join you?

I just had my DD 11 weeks ago. We are WTT for #2 sometime in 2014, not officially decided when yet. Anyway, I'd like to lose my baby weight before ttc again. I gained 55 lbs with her, eek! I've still got an extra 30 lbs to go. I've never had to watch what I ate or even work out before but not any more. Hoping ill get there soon as I'd like to ttc sooner than later but worry ill never have my body back if I don't lose the weight first.

My problem is I'd rather sleep than work out!

Hello and welcome :flower:

Congratulations on your new baby!! :happydance:

Good luck with your weight loss, how are you planning on losing your baby weight?

You can do it Melly!!

Way to go sweetie :happydance: Good luck this week xx

Thank you ! Having a great week so far, I'm doing extra good and having NO SYNS during the day! It is hard but managing.

Was DD's 3rd birthday today, and instead of eating all the lovely buffet food, eclairs and birthday cake, I made myself burgers and garlic wedges from one of my SW books! Very pleased with myself x

I am too scared to weigh in after eating out three nights of the last four! @_@

Lol Melly! It's better to weigh in then you know where you are, make the effort you'll feel better for it and if you have gained then it may spur you on for this week :)

Well I just had my ass kicked at the gym by the new instructor, so now I feel a bit better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->