Anyone else watch Dexter?

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
I was very reluctant to watch this at all as I am very squeamish about blood, gore and violence, but my husband persuaded me and I did find myself really enjoying it. Despite the premise, there is not all that much violence, mostly just the suggestion of it.
But I just watched the last episode of Season 4 and I am quite frankly, really traumatized. The ending was so horrific that I don't know if I can keep watching this. I was really enjoying the writing and acting, but I think the series just went too far.:nope:
Anyone else seen that episode or Dexter in general? Any thoughts? Am I just being squeamish?

Oh I've only seen the first two series and I really enjoyed them. I enjoyed the way ones normal thought processes relating to serial killers were really challenged. But it has been pretty gory. I wasn't so keen on the ice truck killer's technique. I can't comment on series 4, is it much worse than the first two series?

we've only watched part of the first season and I didn't find it to bad. We'd talked about looking for the other seasons and watching, but not sure if I want to now :lol:

I love it - really missing it - we dont have Sky or anything so just having to wait for it to come back on!

I LOVE DEXTER! LOL

First of all for anyone who's only seen the first 2 seasons yes it does get a little gorier in seasons 3 and 4. I think the first season was the least gory and I'm not even sure if there was any nudity - hence why it's my favorite season, they knew the writing and acting was good enough that they didn't need to lean on those things. Seasons 2-4 are just as brilliant (love how in season two they put him in rehab!!) but i don't like the nudity and i hate anything too bloody. I prefer the suggestion of the gore more than the gore itself - it was creepier that way too.

All that said, if u haven't seen the finale of season 4 do not read any further i don't want to spoil it for you!!

I thought the ending was utter brilliance - I think it's just what they needed for storyline development and character development. I think it's great how they made the parallel between his mom and his wife's murders and him and his son being "born in blood". I don't think they went too far with it, I know it's really sad for the child and whatnot, but that's just part of the storyline, they alluded to the severity of the situation without actually showing Rita's murder happening with the child in the room so I don't feel a line was crossed.

Thumbs up for an amazing season - and imo it is the most disturbing season.... John Lithgow was so great as Trinity. Can't wait for season 5!!

I LOVE DEXTER! LOL

First of all for anyone who's only seen the first 2 seasons yes it does get a little gorier in seasons 3 and 4. I think the first season was the least gory and I'm not even sure if there was any nudity - hence why it's my favorite season, they knew the writing and acting was good enough that they didn't need to lean on those things. Seasons 2-4 are just as brilliant (love how in season two they put him in rehab!!) but i don't like the nudity and i hate anything too bloody. I prefer the suggestion of the gore more than the gore itself - it was creepier that way too.

All that said, if u haven't seen the finale of season 4 do not read any further i don't want to spoil it for you!!

I thought the ending was utter brilliance - I think it's just what they needed for storyline development and character development. I think it's great how they made the parallel between his mom and his wife's murders and him and his son being "born in blood". I don't think they went too far with it, I know it's really sad for the child and whatnot, but that's just part of the storyline, they alluded to the severity of the situation without actually showing Rita's murder happening with the child in the room so I don't feel a line was crossed.

Thumbs up for an amazing season - and imo it is the most disturbing season.... John Lithgow was so great as Trinity. Can't wait for season 5!!

Sorry to the other ladies im going to have to agree with aviolet!! and as far as the gore its quick and you know its coming so i just close my eyes lol. As far as the ending to the last season I LOVED IT! and cant wait 9 months for the next season to come out! lol :happydance:

exactly! the limited gore is always quick and usually I know when it's coming so I close my eyes or look at the bottom of the screen, haha. Sometimes the SOUND of the violence is worse than the violence, lol! And this season I found a naked John Lithgow much more disturbing :wacko: LOL
if you haven't seen the interview with Michael C Hall and Lithgow you should check it out at Showtime's website!

exactly! the limited gore is always quick and usually I know when it's coming so I close my eyes or look at the bottom of the screen, haha. Sometimes the SOUND of the violence is worse than the violence, lol! And this season I found a naked John Lithgow much more disturbing :wacko: LOL
if you haven't seen the interview with Michael C Hall and Lithgow you should check it out at Showtime's website!

HAHA i agree with the naked John Lithgow and i havent seen it yet ill go look now thanks hun!! :thumbup:

SPOILER ALERT BELOW!

I agree it was goOd writing, but I am having a lot of trouble dealing with the idea of tiny children exposed to that sort of horror. I know it's just a story, but it really really disturbed me. The problem is that I do want to know what happens next, so I am grateful for the long time between now and the next season! :)

I love Dexter. Cant wait for new series. I dont think I have missed one episode!! xx

OH and I are OBSESSED with Dexter!!!! absolutely love it.
And I agree = end of season 4 = :shock: :shock:

I'm buying them all on DVD cuz im literally obsessseddd with it <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->