Anyone else with bad eyesight?

I've had glasses since I was 14. I wore them to read the board in school or watching tv but after a few years I realised I was wearing them more and more, then all the time as my eyes were getting worse. I was told they'd stop getting worse by my early twenties but I needed stronger lenses just last year and I'm approaching 30. I wear contact lenses for special occasions but generally wear my glasses. It doesn't bother me as I love my frames! I figure that you should get some you really love, regardless of cost as you will wear them everyday on your face, it's the first thing people look at when they look at you.

I thought about laser surgery but if your eyesight is still changing, surely the effects wouldn't last long before it deteriorates again? Does anyone know if this is true?

x

You can not have it done unless you have the same eyesight as it was 12 months prior.

Ive worn glasses since I was 3, getting them tested tomorrow as due a check-up. One eye is totally rubbish :haha: and the other one tries to compensate for it by getting better when the other one gets worse. Ive not considered laser eye surgery as I think I look weird without glasses :rofl:

Thanks for all the replies! :)
I have never thought about laser eye surgery, I think I'm too scared to get something like that done!
I do have glasses that I love, I have two pairs of FCUK frames but I just don't think I suit glasses even if they are nice! It makes me feel weird and I am a make-up fanatic and I focus a lot on my eyes and when I wear my glasses I feel like I'm hiding my eye make up (as pathetic as that sounds haha!)
I suppose I will just have to either start wearing my glasses more often or deal with every face I see being a fuzzy blob and not being able to see the number of a bus coming towards me :haha:

I am not a candidate for laser surgery and to be honest I wouldn't anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->