Anyone else with blocked tubes?...Waiting to start IVF

ttc_Mera

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!

This month I was diagnosed with bilateral tubal blockage and was given the option of IVF for a chance to conceiving. :cry:

DH and I decided in September we will start our IVF cycle but I am sure you can all agree that the wait is nerve racking. At first I wasn't going to bother with home remedies in unblocking my tubes but today I decided what the hell.

So I was wondering if anyone of you have been diagnosed with block tube(s)?

Hi there! I have a bilateral blockage too. Mine was from have my tubal ligation reversed. It sucks having to do IVF, however the good news for you is that it's much easier to conceive with IVF because you have blocked tubes rather than something like low reserve etc. :)

That's very true. We are very hopeful that IVF will work out first cycle but it sucks to have to wait for us to save the money . :wacko: Have you tried any home remedies ? While I am waiting for our ivf cycle ( September) I decided to do Serrapeptase and Chinese herbs.

hi Mera, I'm sorry to hear you tubes are blocked! I have the same problem. how does serrapeptase work? I googled it, it seems beneficial but is it really capable of unblocking the tubes? both my tubes are blocked, i have tried chinese herbs and acupuncture but so far no luck with conceiving naturally. I only managed to conceive through ivf but sadly always miscarried... fingers crossed!

Hi ladies, I found this thread on Serrapeptase and blocked tubes.

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a47058103/scar_tissue...blocked_fallopian_tubes?cpg=5

It seems to works for many women! I'll definitely look into it.

Mera, thanks for pointing it out!

I was diagnosed w/ blocked tubes and had tubal ligation before IVF. I didn't want to wait to see if any medications work and kept guessing every single month. So, we did the IVF route. Over a year later, the twins are killing us this week :D. Couldn't ask for a better result :D. Good luck!!

hi Mera, I'm sorry to hear you tubes are blocked! I have the same problem. how does serrapeptase work? I googled it, it seems beneficial but is it really capable of unblocking the tubes? both my tubes are blocked, i have tried chinese herbs and acupuncture but so far no luck with conceiving naturally. I only managed to conceive through ivf but sadly always miscarried... fingers crossed!

I've read so many forums and reviews about it . At first I wasn't going to do it but I said what the hell. Im just not sure if I should wait until AF comes to take it or if I can take it in the middle of my cycle. I am currently cd 20 with af due in 7 days.

I was diagnosed w/ blocked tubes and had tubal ligation before IVF. I didn't want to wait to see if any medications work and kept guessing every single month. So, we did the IVF route. Over a year later, the twins are killing us this week :D. Couldn't ask for a better result :D. Good luck!!

Congrats on your twins:happydance:

I thought about not taking anything for it honestly. I just didn't want to give myself hope for nothing. But eventually I just gave in and just know that I have September to look forward to for our ivf cycle.

I also have blocked tubes. One is gone from an ectopic pregnancy and the other is blocked most likely from scar tissue from that surgery (but really there's no way to know for sure without another surgery). I've read about the various treatments and considered them, but we just had our first RE appointment this week and decided to go with IVF.

As our RE explained it when we talked about having surgery to repair the tubes, when you have damaged tubes it often messes with the underlying operation of them too. So even if you manage to get the scar tissue away the cilia that help move the egg to the uterus could be damaged beyond repair as well. Your odds are just better with IVF. Plus, we don't have age on our side, so would be fighting against that as well. However, IVF is not for everyone.

However, since you are going to do IVF, I don't think it could hurt anything in the meantime to try other things. Just try to remain realistic and not get your hopes up too much (much easier said then done, I know). Your success will probably depend a lot on what caused the blockage as well. Do you know what's causing yours?

I'm not too familiar with the various enzymes or herbs, but as long as you research them alot and they are verified, it might not hurt to try. There's a few other threads on here regarding some of them you might want to look into as well.

Anyway, best wishes whatever you decide! I look forward to following your journey.

That's very true. We are very hopeful that IVF will work out first cycle but it sucks to have to wait for us to save the money . :wacko: Have you tried any home remedies ? While I am waiting for our ivf cycle ( September) I decided to do Serrapeptase and Chinese herbs.

The only thing I tried as far as home remedies goes is I bought a dvd that shows you how to do a massage on your own stomach that is supposed to help break up any scar tissue. If your interested in it if be happy to give it to you. I have no use for it anymore since we have 13 frozen embryos!:)

I also have blocked tubes. One is gone from an ectopic pregnancy and the other is blocked most likely from scar tissue from that surgery (but really there's no way to know for sure without another surgery). I've read about the various treatments and considered them, but we just had our first RE appointment this week and decided to go with IVF.

As our RE explained it when we talked about having surgery to repair the tubes, when you have damaged tubes it often messes with the underlying operation of them too. So even if you manage to get the scar tissue away the cilia that help move the egg to the uterus could be damaged beyond repair as well. Your odds are just better with IVF. Plus, we don't have age on our side, so would be fighting against that as well. However, IVF is not for everyone.

However, since you are going to do IVF, I don't think it could hurt anything in the meantime to try other things. Just try to remain realistic and not get your hopes up too much (much easier said then done, I know). Your success will probably depend a lot on what caused the blockage as well. Do you know what's causing yours?

I'm not too familiar with the various enzymes or herbs, but as long as you research them alot and they are verified, it might not hurt to try. There's a few other threads on here regarding some of them you might want to look into as well.

Anyway, best wishes whatever you decide! I look forward to following your journey.

That was my first fear if I bought the herbs, getting my hopes up thinking it would actually work. Once I start taking them ( when AF starts) I will continue to remind myself not to get my hopes up. We have another 5 months before we start our IVF cycle so I'll just focus on starting IVF rather than hoping the herbs are working.

The only thing I tried as far as home remedies goes is I bought a dvd that shows you how to do a massage on your own stomach that is supposed to help break up any scar tissue. If your interested in it if be happy to give it to you. I have no use for it anymore since we have 13 frozen embryos!:)
That would be awesome !! I would love the dvd !! Congrats on your embryos !! That's an awesome number !

I had lap in September to remove a cyst from my ovary. It was only then I found out I had endometriosis that was probably the cause of my tubes being blocked. After years of ttc I finally had answers! I had my first attempt ivf cycle last month which went well (20 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilised) but unfortunately I wasn't enough to have a fresh transfer but I have 6 5 day frozen embryos on ice. I'm off to the clinic today to discuss a frozen transfer n hopefully a rough date of when we can start. Good luck with your journey xx

Good luck ES89, hope you get to start your FET soon and get a BFP!!

I had lap in September to remove a cyst from my ovary. It was only then I found out I had endometriosis that was probably the cause of my tubes being blocked. After years of ttc I finally had answers! I had my first attempt ivf cycle last month which went well (20 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilised) but unfortunately I wasn't enough to have a fresh transfer but I have 6 5 day frozen embryos on ice. I'm off to the clinic today to discuss a frozen transfer n hopefully a rough date of when we can start. Good luck with your journey xx

Good luck with your FET!! Keep us updated !!

So I took a cheapie wondfo yesterday ( day before AF was due) and I got a faint line. Which I don't know how it's possible since i was just told my tubes are blocked. I don't want to get my hopes up since even if it is a real line I have a feeling it will just turn out to be a chemical. :-/ I just want to start our IVF cycle already :wacko:

Good luck ttc_Mera. You never know. Did you recently have an HSG that identified the blockage? I've heard of quite a few people that got pregnant after the HSG. Depends on what's causing the blockage, but it can help clear it out.

Good luck ttc_Mera. You never know. Did you recently have an HSG that identified the blockage? I've heard of quite a few people that got pregnant after the HSG. Depends on what's causing the blockage, but it can help clear it out.
Yup I had a HSG in February . They gave me a video of the procedure and both tubes are completely blocked based on the video . I've read a lot of ppl getting their BFP after an HSG but I never could've thought it would happen to me. I'm going to test again in a couple days if AF doesn't show ( due today and still hasn't arrive , and my cycles are very very regular ) and just hope it's not another chemical.

So sorry ttc_Mera. As if everything isn't bad enough already, so sorry you had to have a false alarm in there too. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->