Anyone else with toddler worried about bump?

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Anyone with a toddler and worried that he/she is too rough with your bump?

My toddler is 17 1/2 months and I am booted in the tummy most nappy changes. When he is sat cuddled up drinking his milk before I have chance to realise he is finished he elbows me quite sharply in the tummy to turn over.

I really feel he is quite strong for his age. Maybe this is all toddlers.

Is anyone else worried about harming the baby?

I know it's probably really silly as I'm sure baby is well protected in there, but I can't help but worry.

I am also considered high risk as I have incompetent cervix and a cerclage so worried about somehow rupturing my membranes.

Xx

Am I the only crazy one? ;)

my son does it, he was 2in july, if hes sat with me he pushes his elbow in me to get up etc :? his feet if hes laid on the sofa, i dnt think they can harm the baby tho ,just have to try be careful x

olivia does it too,she's 18 months old. i think it would take quite a lot to harm baby x

I keep telling my 18 month old that his little brother or sister is going to come out black and blue if he's not carefull, he's always jumping on top of me and he's all elbows and knee's! My friends little boy was the same when she was pregnant and her little baby is just fine, I think they're well protected in there :) x x x

My 3 yr old is rough right now. She is going through a wild phase! lol Whenever I see her running to jump on me, I guard my tummy. lol I also have a 17 1/2 month old son who can be quite rough sometimes too. I am pretty sure the baby is quite protected, but it does worry me a bit sometimes.

Thanks girls,

I'm sure baby is well protected in there. Just have a crazy moment now and again. Had a direct kick in the tummy while changing nappy before bed, so I got myself all worried! Xx

My 16 month old daughter does the sAme, kicks out when I change her, uses my bump to lean on when she gets up etc.

I know it'd take an awful lot to harm baby. But sheis loads better now, she's much gentler, she strokes my tummy and says baby then lifts my top up to kiss baby.

If I'm sat on the sofa and she's jumping around I just place a cushion over my bump to give it some extra padding incase she takes me by surprise!

X

Yeah my 2yo DD really gets me sometimes, she doesn't understand but it can be quite sore sometimes. I'm sure that baby will be fine though, but sometimes you worry don't you!

Yup my 20 month old is the same. My stomach gets kicked, punched, and jumped on daily. I don't worry about, because I know she is protected in there.

Worries me with my 2 (nearly 3) yo stepson. As much as he can be an angel he can be a bugger too! I worry cos I can never quite relax around him anymore incase he gets overexcited or (on bad days) decides to take his temper out on my tummy cos he doesn't want a brother/sister. Been told they're safe in there but still...

Thanks for your replies girls,

I feel comforted that you have similar worries but think that it is ok too. I'm glad its not just my toddler that does this. He does seem a little more boisterous than some of the other LOs when I go to toddler groups. So I did wonder! He has gotten so much better since he started nursery. xx

xx

My 14 month old is the same! I try and protect my tummy but sometimes they catch you off guard. Lots of padding in there hun, don't worry -x-

Yeah my near 2 yr old can be quite rough but bubby is still moving around :) Don't worry too much baby is protected well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->