Anyone else working till the end??

applelova911

Family of 6 soon to be 7
Reaction score
I am currently 38 weeks 4 days, I was waiting to work until I couldn't any longer as that is what I did with my DS 4 years ago. Today was the day that I felt as if I cannot do it any longer. My next prenatal appt. is next Wednesday and I think I am going to ask the doctor to schedule my last day to work as 10/31.

You're a brave woman! That was my intention last pegnancy and i gave up at 36 weeks. This time i have a 4 year old to take care of so i doubt i will even make it that far.

You're a brave woman! That was my intention last pegnancy and i gave up at 36 weeks. This time i have a 4 year old to take care of so i doubt i will even make it that far.

That is exactly how I am feeling. Last time I gave up at 40 weeks 2 days, my son was 5 days late. Now that I have a 4 year old at home also I can no longer multi-task between doing homework, cooking, cleaning, laundry. Today was when I realized that all I want to do is sleep.

Yes. I'm working. Im only 29 weeks right now and I teach so i will be off two weeks for Christmas break at 37+4 and I'm due the Monday that we are supposed to go back but lo should be here by them (naturally or induction :/)
so at 37+4 I will be technically off but actual maternity leave doesn't start til Jan 5.
I'm already starting to feel like I can't make it. But I'm stuck at home right now with my two boys and my nephew who have the flu. So between the stress of baby, work, and others being sick, I guess its pretty common to feel like I can't make it. I hope things settle down after these guys get better.

I am planning on working till the end. I am 35w4 now. Days are starting to feel much longer LOL

Im still going strong, 9 hour days. Due on Sunday.

I am too :wacko:

No choice unfortunately. When I go into labor, I'll stop!

I called the HR dept of my job yesterday to apply for my leave to begin November 24th. My manager was actually angered by this. I've hit the point where it hurts for me to walk and I get dizzy spells way too often. Add to that trying to care for a 1 year old and a fractured knee! I need a break. At my next appt I'm requesting that my doctor approves me to take my leave early.

I don't have a choice.. I want to spend my maternity leave at home after LO is born. I just hope my water doesn't break at work lol I might be too mortified to go back if I have the movie experience of my water gushing everywhere lol

I am planning on working until or past my due date. I love my job. I'm having separation anxiety thinking about not working. Lol. The clinic always joke that I'm always there, it'll only go into labor. Lol

Same here! Hoping I can work right up until I go into labor. Just so I have more income before she shows and also to spend more time with her at home while on maternity leave

im working but only 2 days a week - it makes time go quicker to get the weeks out the way for labour if that ever arrives

Gosh you ladies are brave! I'm finishing in 4 weeks time when I'm almost 35 weeks. I have 2 weeks of annual leave to use up and then the rest is the start of my maternity leave. I have quite an active job and I'm finding it hard already!

i finished this week at 39 weeks. its actually easier for me to be at work sitting down than it is being at home dealing with 2 toddlers!

Today I'm 37 weeks and still working. Granted i am part time working 2.5-6 hrs at a time. I'm an autism therapist so I work with VERY active kids. I was expecting cutting back in September but instead I've increased my hours. I'm planning to keep going until I just can't anymore but I'm too stubborn and would miss my kiddos too much if I stopped early and could actually still work with them. (Granted this pelvic pain is insane!)

I have a 7 & 10yo too. So it isn't easy but thankfully my DH helps a lot. My mornings are my time to get baby stuff done and get my extra sleep. I can't say I'm the most productive but I do what I can...

I figure I've learned to adapt this much and it's good fit my kids to adapt too so I might as well do as much as I can. Thankfully there is usually always another adult around to make sure if I need help with a meltdown or a darter that I have it.

Since I work in families home my only concern is water breaking. I'm tempted to try depends or something but not sure they'd fit... So I'm just praying my water breaks later in labor!

I will be working until the bitter end also! Luckily my DH doesn't want me to go back after baby is here, so I will be a SAHM after that, so I don't mind putting in the little extra time and earning a little extra money before baby comes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->