Anyone else worried about the storm?

Nope, never am. To be honest, I don't check the weather so wasn't even aware. One of those things that you can't change no matter what, I'll just take it as it comes. We've been through storms and bad weather before, doubt this one will be any different for us.

No I love storms, it's not like it's going to be that bad in the UK anyway, I studied in the States for a short while in an area where tornadoes are prevalent they used to have sirens go off and people died in the town I stayed in when I was there, they were proper storms nothing the UK gets compares to that we're very lucky. I'd be worried if I was in an area that gets flooded though of course.

Where abouts are you? I'm in berkshire and i keep seeing on facebook about it. I think it is meant to be bad here too xx

Yes!!
the windows at the back of the house are badly damaged from a fire (insurance company & the builder are dragging their heels so its not fixed yet) so im going to have to put cardboard against them & have LO sleep in our room!!
im hoping the weather people are over exaggerating

I'm in Norfolk,so I hope by the time it gets to us,its lost a bit of the power it will have when it hits land.xx

I'm on the south coast where it will hit hardest apparently. I'm going to get some food that doesn't need cooking in, get candles and stuff in an easy to get to place and that's about it.

Not looking forward to it I must say. I hate Thunderstorms. We had one yesterday, eeek!

not really. Im on the south coast, hopefully it will all be over soon x

I only care if it causes my driving test to be cancelled :/ have waited 8 weeks for this date ! haha

I'm not really, I live up a hill so not much flood risk, that's the main thing I'd be worried about.

No not worried, but I don't think it's supposed to be too bad where I am.

Hi I live on the South Coast, too and have not heard too much about it --- just how bad is it predicted to be? Just wind and rain? Or thunder/lightening too?

I've avoided all storm links on FB cause I hate them, I feel sick and nervous just thinking about it :( we was in a car parked up watching it when we were struck by lightening so it terrifies me now - I know the safest place to be is in a car, so I am a wreck in home especially at night when it thunder and lightens :(

Where is it meant to be? and When? x

I've avoided all storm links on FB cause I hate them, I feel sick and nervous just thinking about it :( we was in a car parked up watching it when we were struck by lightening so it terrifies me now - I know the safest place to be is in a car, so I am a wreck in home especially at night when it thunder and lightens :(

Where is it meant to be? and When? x

Your car was struck by lightening? OMG im not surprised it frightens you :hugs: that must have been so scary x

Is it really safer then being indoors?

I think it is Monday and mainly on the South coast and up to London but not sure x

I know what are the chances eh, then for our baby to die - I'd rather have just won the lottery!!

I've just dared google and it looks to be strong winds and rain, no mention of lightening.

Apparently so, when the lightening struck the car it burnt out the ariel and the car literally bounced into the air, but it didn't catch light and none of us were hurt, but if it hits a house, well I don't even want to think of it this close to bed time :(

I'd be happy to have mild dry weather all year around. :lol: x

I'm not worried at all. Take each day as it comes, it weather is terrible I'll just stay in.

Thanks, I wasn't mentioning it for that though, more the 'what are the chances' - just seen we joined here the same time - feels a lifetime ago doesn't it xx

Where is it meant to be hitting? I live near blackpool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->