Anyone else worried about the storm?

Regions affected by Amber warning:
East Midlands, East of England, London & South East England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands

Regions affected by Yellow warnings:
East Midlands, East of England, London & South East England, North East England, North West England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands, Yorkshire & Humber

Nothing about red warnings on metoffice :)

I'm not too worried if I'm honest. Just changed my plans so I'm not going out tomorrow. It's not great out there today but I'm still thinking it might be fun to go and jump in some big puddles if it stops raining for a bit!!

Although someone mentioned candles, I think ill prob just put some in an easier place to grab but we're expecting 50mph winds, that's not too bad is it?!

Not really.

it's already quite windy here today. It's expected to be at its worse tomorrow morning so should make for an interesting commute to work.

I'm in Yorkshire so its not expected to hit here bad but we've had bad flooding before and getting to work was high on impossible so that's the only thing I'm dreading is getting to work. We're at the top of a hill and my work is right down in the town at the bottom and prone to flooding :/

I'm in south east Ireland. We had a national yellow warning put out last night. Had winds of 80-90 km/ph, thunder and lightening and heavy rain. We live in the countryside, near a river, and last night already our road was near impassable, yikes.

Usually I love storms, just not when you have a screaming baby and 2 howling distressed dogs!

I hope it's not too bad, my in-laws are having Millie tonight and I wanted to go shopping tomorrow lol storms scare me abit x

I've avoided all storm links on FB cause I hate them, I feel sick and nervous just thinking about it :( we was in a car parked up watching it when we were struck by lightening so it terrifies me now - I know the safest place to be is in a car, so I am a wreck in home especially at night when it thunder and lightens :(

Where is it meant to be? and When? x

Your car was struck by lightening? OMG im not surprised it frightens you :hugs: that must have been so scary x

Is it really safer then being indoors?

I think it is Monday and mainly on the South coast and up to London but not sure x
Yep - safest place to be in a thunder storm is in a car. The car acts as a Faraday cage if hit by lightening.
Top Gear even sent Richard Hammond out to test the theory.
https://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/car-lightning

Thanks, I wasn't mentioning it for that though, more the 'what are the chances' - just seen we joined here the same time - feels a lifetime ago doesn't it xx

It really does :haha: am somewhat addicted now :dohh:

not really. the only thing that worries me is that OH is going to be travelling down the m3 and m25 to work tomorrow. Hopefully if he checks and its too bad he wont go.

We are apparently going to be in one of the worse hit areas as well (Berkshire) but we can't stop what is going to happen. Most power lines around here are under ground so I can't really see power being an issue.

What worries me is if a tree takes out the wall at Broadmoor... I live at the bottom of the hill to it :haha:

Pink Flowers you must live near my parents - they aren't far from Broadmoor either and my mum works in Wokingham. I'll tell them to watch out for trees!

We are in Sandhurst.

A tree wouldn't take out the wall at Broadmoor its a big wall :rofl: But I am a bit concerned about the forests. Swinley forest has been closed till further notice.

Well we went out today came back at 3pm to find a rather large tree in our garden had fallen over and blocked our front path, it wasn't all that windy, that's a good omen for tonight :haha:

I'm not worried. it'd be awesome if uni were to be cancelled though. Never going to happen! It's part of Queens Medical Centre. One can dream...

Nope even though im right on the south west coast literally a 1 minute walk from the beach, the thing im most worried about is my sky dish moving so we have no TV and then I will have to pay to have it moved back and how to walk the dog if the wind is crazy :shrug:

Thames Valley Police have updated saying that the storm is due to hit around her at 4am - 10am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->