Anyone else WTT but dreading being pregnant?

jessmke

Reaction score
We were always planning on just have 1 child, but DD is now 5 months old and we have decided we want her to have a sibling and we want them to be close in age, so we will be TTC number 2 as soon as my period returns. The problem is that I absolutely HATED being pregnant. I was so sick the entire time even when taking medication, I had a terrible post nasal drip the entire time which made me feel like I had a horrible cold for 9 months and I would choke and gag on mucous. I normally am very active but I was too sick to exercise so I gained quite a bit of weight because the only foods I could keep down were breads and other carbs. I work shift work as a vet nurse at a very busy emergency hospital so I am on my feet for 12 hrs at a time, squishing myself into kennels with animals, wrestling on the floor with big dogs, etc. Every day I would come home from work feeling like I had spent the entire day at the gym, and I would literally sleep for 2 days straight on my days off to recover. I won't be able to do that with a 1 year old at home! I know things could be totally different the second time around, and even if it isn't the suffering will be worth it in the end, but am I alone in WTT but not really being excited about it?

Me!

My wee one is 7m and I spent my pregnancy being sick and tired and worried. I work as a secondary teacher so I am on my feet in heels all day. I had problems with my heart too.

When are you planning on ttc? I had an emergency section so I'm aiming for at least 18m between deliveries, so ttc around September.

Me!

My wee one is 7m and I spent my pregnancy being sick and tired and worried. I work as a secondary teacher so I am on my feet in heels all day. I had problems with my heart too.

When are you planning on ttc? I had an emergency section so I'm aiming for at least 18m between deliveries, so ttc around September.

We are getting married in September so we will be TTC anytime after that (I don't want to be pregnant at my wedding!). But I am breastfeeding so it really just depends on when AF returns. My DD still nurses 1-3 times at night so I think it could be a while. We are going on a trip end of November so the ideal time to start TTC is December, which will give me 22 months between deliveries, but we will have to see how things go. We will be NTNP starting in September, and then will actively TTC as soon as AF returns.

I'm hoping to be pregnant by Christmas.

I fall pregnant super easily but staying pregnant is my issue.

I fall pregnant super easily but staying pregnant is my issue.

Me to! When we were TTC our daughter I got pregnant 3 tries in a row. The first two ended in miscarriage and the third one stuck!

I am kind of in this boat even though I've had two very easy, uneventful pregnancies. I will hopefully be TTC my third and last child in November. I really want the child, but I'm not looking forward to going through all the stresses and worries that come with pregnancy. Also, I'm not really a fan of the baby stages. My youngest is about to turn 2, life is starting to settle into a manageable routine and I'm able to spend more time with hubby. With pregnancy, all of the hard work starts over again.

I'm really just looking forward to a time when my family is complete and we can move on to the next stage of life. We had trouble conceiving our second child--took almost two years--so I'm not looking forward to TTC either.

The good thing though is if we are successful in conceiving #3, there will be no doubt in my mind that we will be DONE.

Same...there are things I really loved but overall I was miserable. I couldn't sleep and had so much water bloat no matter what I did and it would cause numbness in my hands. I gained a ton of weight and it's taken me forever to lose it and I really struggled in the beginning as I just didn't enjoy the newborn stage. My son is now 3 and light of my life. I look forward to adding to our family and the joy that comes with another life, but totally scared ofor the pregnancy and baby stuff!

Well AF returned yesterday morning. Boo! So I guess we need to be careful until our wedding in September and then we will be going for number 2. I can't believe I am getting ready to start this all over again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->