Anyone else WTT for #2 worried about getting morning sickness?

magicteapot

Esme (3) Baby on the way!
Reaction score
I had pretty bad morning sickness with #1, till about 18 weeks, what I am really worried about is being able to take my little un out if I get it again. I have a phobia of being sick too, which I am going to try and do CBT this year for, but nevertheless, going out, smelling food and being sick outsides scares the pants off me! I do plan to supplement B6 as soon as I know I am pregnant this time though! Anyone else nervous about this?
I don't live nearby to family either so can't rely on them to look after her if I'm really sick *worryworryworry* :wacko:

I do. But not morning sickness. When I was pg I wasn't sick in first tri. It was second and third. And it wasn't nausea or vomiting. It was the poops!! And would feel horrible like about to pass out feeling and have to RUN to a bathroom. Worse while drivin and it gave me anxiety.
That I think would be worse to deal with with a toddler on tow. Especially because you can't pull over on the road and go like you could with vomiting.
That I do worry about! :worried:

Oh god, I am not looking forward to ms again. I had it until 16 weeks then it appeared again in 3rd tri.

Ah! This makes me nervous. I'm not TTC #2, but about to try for #1 in the next couple weeks, and morning sickness has me worried. I get sick easily as is, so with the immune system being affected by pregnancy, I'm hoping I do okay...I guess I won't know until I try :)

Reidfidleir - I never even thought about the poops...that sounds horribly unpredictable!

For me, if I get a BFP in the next couple months, I will be flying home in the 1st or early 2nd trimester...about a 17 hour flight, so my fingers are x'd I don't get puky or poopy! 8-[

Randapanda, think on the bright side, some people don't even get sick :) It depends though.. some people might not get sick in one pregnancy and then have it bad with #2. I had morning sickness with my little boy from 5.5 weeks til about 8 weeks and then it went away until I was 10 weeks and I got it again on and off until 15 weeks. It wasn't bad though. I was really worried about baby not getting the nutrients it needed but was set straight by a Dr that told me that a baby sooooo small doesn't need you to eat much in order to get what it needs. I think I threw up randomly about 3 times.. the rest was just nausea.

What I am worried about with trying for #2 when we do is everything else that happened. GD in particular and HBP. That's why I'm losing as much weight as I can before trying again.

I'm clearly totally mental because there's a bit of me that would like ms, I think because it would mean I know I'm preg, maybe it's because I want a baby so bad, my only worry is hiding it. I don't really mind being sick and I'm often nauseous anyway so I'm kinda looking forward to it... I suspect the novelty would wear off pretty quick

Yes! Not just MS but the tiredness too. Between working nights and Niamh's arthritis I worry I'm going to struggle if I get it like I did last time.

Another one here! Me, DH and DS all have gastroenteritis at the minute and it's brought back all the memories of being pregnant! I can't wait to have our next baby but the thought of pregnancy fills me with dread!!

The only thing regarding morning sickness that has me worried is keeping it quiet in the first 12 weeks as I really really want our parents and families to know 1st and dont wanna tell them until after our 1st scan, i'm worried that with work i'm in a small office and they will notice if i'm getting up all the time to be sick then i'll have to tell my manager! :(
But thats a silly worry really!

I was really lucky with my 1st pregnancy, I didn't have any MS at all, slight nausea but nothing that I found unmanageable, the thing that worries me the most is the tiredness. I was severely anaemic all through pregnancy and would literally sleep any where anytime, even at work :wacko:

There's no way I could get away with doing that now I've got a 3 year old :haha:

Me! It's nice to see I'm not the only one. My 'morning' sickness never cleared up. I threw up for the whole 9 months. I was so ill I decided I wouldn't be having any more children. It's taken me 2 years to get to the point where I'm actually prepared to do it all again!

Now I just need to buy a bigger house first. :)

I'm WTT for number 3, but still worry that morning sickness will be bad next time, my 1st pregnancy was alot worse with MS than my second, i think but i dont know wether it was just the fact i had my oldest that i carried on through it. It was the exhaustion towards the end that did me in, we had alot of DVD afternoons and cuddling, it didnt last forever.

Yea the poops are unpredictable. That was the main problem. But keep in mind I am not a person that throws up. Last time was 17 years ago. If I get sick stomach wise it goes down to "the basement". The majority if my pregnancy I felt pretty good.

I was horribly sick with my first child. I had morning, noon and night sickness my whole pregnancy. With my second I only had it until 10 weeks and was fine the rest of my pregnancy. I remember I would be driving and start to feel sick, I would pull over get my handy plastic bag out, be sick throw it away and continue on my way.

Hopefully your second wont be bad. Mine was 100 times better compared to my first. Hope that helps relieve some worries!

Oh yes, I'm totally worried about it! I had terrible morning sickness from 7 to about 21 weeks and it was so bad and happened so often that I would cry the whole time and I was afraid to eat anything because I would just throw it right back up. I thought I was never going to stop puking because it took so long for the morning sickness to finally end and I was so relieved when I realized I wasn't getting sick anymore.

Here's to hoping for an easier pregnancy for all of us next time around! :flower:

I'm nervous about MS with #2 also! Megan - that is great to know that you weren't as sick with #2. I was very, very sick with #1 from 6 weeks until the morning I gave birth. Although it slowed down at about 20 weeks and I was only throwing up once a day (I felt like I was on vacation at that point :)). I'm praying for another sticky bean (just had early miscarriage this month) soon and an easier pregnancy. Good luck to all of you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->