Anyone else WTT for health reasons

xclairx

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone in the same boat WTT for health reasons? I have a heart condition and am having a loop recorder fitted soon as normal Ecg monitiors keep missing everything. I am waiting to have the monitor fitted (under the skin on my chest eek) and hoping it doesn't take too long to catch all my symptoms and get answers. I'm turning 30 this year, everyone I know already has kids and are either pregnant with there second or just loving being a mom. As awful as it sounds I feel the bitterness creeping in, if one more person I know tells me they're having a baby before me im going to scream. It breaks a little piece of my heart each time. Just feels like if the world was fair it would certainly be my turn next. I have an amazing husband, adore him and he really wants a baby and has been so understanding and patient. He will make an amazing dad, it breaks my heart when we're around his little brother with his two sons telling my husband how amazing it is to be a dad 😢
I'm hoping we can start ttc sometime this year preferably by the time I'm 30 (in November).

Anyone else fancy some company and the odd rant on the WTT journey? Xx

I'm sorry to hear about your health concerns and hope you can get it figured out soon. I hear you on approaching 30 and everyone else already having one or two kids. I'm 29 in July and my husband is 30 in September. My SIL announced her second pregnancy recently...the girl I went to school with had her second baby (in the last two years I've known her)...yesterday was one of the five baby showers at work. I normally am okay, I've been pretty patient and just knew it wasn't my time. This was my first experience tearing up when I saw everyone getting the showere decorations up. I didn't go, I blamed having a lot of work to do but I just can't right now. I'm surprised, I've never been like that before but I've been waiting for years and am kind of over it.

Do you have a date for your procedure?

Thank you :) No I am waiting on an appointment letter at the moment (sigh). I'm usually ok too, just recently I've been finding it hard. I guess our time will come when the time is right & im sure it will be worth the wait! Xx

It is hard. My friends have 8-11 year old children. They have complete families and here I am barely starting. It killed me to watch them while I couldn't have it. My story is a little different as we struggled with infertility for 8.5 years before finally getting pregnant. We started ntnp when ds was 4 months. We've had a couple breaks but I'm sad it hasn't happened. We are currently on a break since I had a chemical in Feb and I wanted to avoid a Dec or Jan due date. Plus my blood sugar came back high so I'm working on eating right and losing weight until mid-late May. I'm hoping if my numbers come back normal to start clomid then.

I'm sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for you! It is hard, I find you get pushed out a lot by friends who are all moms. I wouldn't be bothered if i was someone who chose not to have kids, it's just difficult when it's your health stopping you. Very frustrating. All the best to you xx

Hello,

I'm also WTT for health reasons.

In a tragic turn of events, our very first month of TTC I started having strange symptoms. Heartburn, gas, nausea, bloated/fullness. I thought, holy crap! I'm already pregnant!

The week I'm due for af comes and I start to get cramps, so I dismiss the pregnancy idea and go on with life thinking af is going to show up any day. 9 days go by, NO AF, but also, all pregnancy tests (including a blood test) come back negative.

So I go to my doc and tell him what's going on. I say I have pressure on my bladder, and I'm bloated. He says, bladder infection! So I go on anti-biotics. The next day, I start my period.

After a week of anti-biotics, I don't feel any better. In fact I feel worse. I am still bloated, can hardly eat without feeling like my pants are going to burst, and I'm having mild cramping STILL, even after my period ends.

Now he says, I need a transvaginal ultrasound. Of course my mind goes to the worst possible scenario and screams cancer.

I can't talk about it to my husband because he gets so scared. I can't talk about it to anyone else because they just try to reassure me it's not cancer. But with my family history, it very well could be.

Anyway, so here I am a month ago all happy thinking I got pregnant right out the gate, turns out there is something wrong instead. What a joke, right?

Ultrasound is in a week, every day of waiting is excruciating.

Blah. Why can't our bodies just cooperate and do as they're told?

I totally understand your feelings about wanting a baby NOW. I was ready to have one a year ago but we decided to wait because of this or that and now here we are. What's worse is everyone is constantly asking when we are going to have a baby, which I'm sure everyone our age goes through.

I hope your procedure goes well or went well if you've already had it done.

bonniebeams- sounds like a scary situation hun!! I hope it comes out as nothing serious and you can resume ttc. :hug:

Hello,

In a tragic turn of events, our very first month of TTC I started having strange symptoms. Heartburn, gas, nausea, bloated/fullness. I thought, holy crap! I'm already pregnant!

The week I'm due for af comes and I start to get cramps, so I dismiss the pregnancy idea and go on with life thinking af is going to show up any day. 9 days go by, NO AF, but also, all pregnancy tests (including a blood test) come back negative.

So I go to my doc and tell him what's going on. I say I have pressure on my bladder, and I'm bloated. He says, bladder infection! So I go on anti-biotics. The next day, I start my period.

After a week of anti-biotics, I don't feel any better. In fact I feel worse. I am still bloated, can hardly eat without feeling like my pants are going to burst, and I'm having mild cramping STILL, even after my period ends.

Now he says, I need a transvaginal ultrasound. Of course my mind goes to the worst possible scenario and screams cancer.

I can't talk about it to my husband because he gets so scared. I can't talk about it to anyone else because they just try to reassure me it's not cancer. But with my family history, it very well could be.

Anyway, so here I am a month ago all happy thinking I got pregnant right out the gate, turns out there is something wrong instead. What a joke, right?

I totally understand your feelings about wanting a baby NOW. I was ready to have one a year ago but we decided to wait because of this or that and now here we are. What's worse is everyone is constantly asking when we are going to have a baby, which I'm sure everyone our age goes through.

I'm so sorry to read your post and for the late reply. Wishing you all the best! Have you had your scan done now?

I have my procedure booked for Friday morning eek!

Totally get the frustration with everyone always asking "when's the baby coming" I feel my heart sink every time someone asks it. People should be more considerate I think & just wait to hear good news!! Lol.

Hope to hear your scan went well :hugs: xx

I am WTT for health reasons too, and because I would like to get married next spring. But I hear you on the 30 thing. I will be turning thirty when we TTC and I am worried slightly. I wish I could just stay 28... lol, but I am turning 29 next week.

I also have IC or interstitial Cystitis which feels like a chronic bladder infection when symptoms are present. I was diagnosed five years ago, and I have been on medication that helps since then. My goal is to become as healthy as I possibly can, not only to heal my gut, and my bladder, but also so I can make a good home for future babies.

I stopped eating sugar, gluten, dairy (minus cheese and kefir) and anything processed. I feel SO good and I am excited to continue. :) I eat a ton of organic veggies, fruits and meat, and I buy eggs from a farmer down the street. I drink coconut milk and I make bread with coconut flour or rice flour. Its been a really good thing, and I plan on continuing to eat this way through being pregnant hopefully! :D

I am a little worried about my bladder acting up when I do become pregnant ( hopefully it happens super fast ;) ) We are planning to try right when our wedding is, next May/June!

I hope your bladder is ok! and your scan went well! I have issues with my bladder too, let me know if you have any questions!

Hello,

Wow, does that condition ever go away? Or is it just basically dealing with the symptoms?

My scans all came back negative ("normal"), so my obgyn says I need to see a gastrointestinal doc now. She says she thinks I need a colonoscopy.... I am so completely dreading the entire process.

Anyone ever had one of those?

I am becoming so bogged down with all the waiting and not knowing. My obgyn said don't get pregnant until we know what is causing the pain. Really I'm just mad this all started happening the FIRST MONTH we started trying. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something.

Anywho, anyone have any good news? xclairx how did your procedure go??

Hi!

Some people will say it "never goes away" some people will tell you otherwise. There is a few things you can do for it if that is infact what you have.

I went for a cystoscopy as well and it came back normal too. The only way that they can really test for IC is if they blow up your bladder beyond capacity to see the lining. This is something I refused as well, why would I blow up my already sore bladder?

I was diagnosed on symptoms alone and put on Elmiron. I would suggest looking up what Interstitial Cystitis is. It can have symptoms of just burning, and or frequency, or more severe pain. Its hard to describe what "pain" feels like in that area but for me its a dull ache that burns and I have frequency which means I feel like I have to pee right after I go. Drives me nuts BUT the good news is that it is treatable, and I do fine. It is the BLADDER form of IBS essentially. This doesn't mean that YOU HAVE IC, but it could be something related to that.

Hopefully they find out what's going on!!!

Anything you need just ask :)

Jenn

I am WTT due to PCOS, in the sense that I had Mirena and now am not getting a period. I have to wait longer for my lining to build before I can be given Provera (first round did not work), so just waiting for now.

I am also trying to be healthier. I'm not exactly thin, but BMI is hugely inaccurate for people of my build. I have started exercising at least 6 days a week since January and am feeling much stronger and healthier, but it does not seem to have helped af any!

It is great hearing others' stories of WTT. Makes me feel not so alone.

How is everyone doing?

I have been alright. I have a doctor's appt today and expect her to order labs. To be honest I don't think my blood sugar is where it should be so I don't know where that leaves me with ttc. We have a couple different options so I guess we will just have to see where this takes us.

Hi I am so glad to hear that your scan came back ok. How are you getting on? Yes I had the procedure done (yay) so the loop recorder is in. I now have to wait until September 13th to see my cardiologist to see what this picks up. So frustrating. Such a long time waiting. It's already caught loads, so that's one good thing I suppose. Urgh stress. Hope everyone is ok xx

Hi xclairx!!

I'm glad to hear you've made some progress! Although I totally understand the waiting bit. Seems like there's always SOMETHING to have to wait for. :growlmad:

I have continued to have lower abdominal pain for the last six months, had a colonoscopy which came back completely normal. Then OBGYN says to get back on birth control to see if it helps. Two weeks later, no more pain.

So now the thought is endometriosis. I'm scheduled for a laparoscopy August 10th. Wee!!

Keep sending updates!

Xclairx any news?? I had my procedure last week and it turned out I had chronic appendicitis! Recovering this week, back to work next week.

How are you doing??

When I wanted to have kids 3 years back, my husband fell ill and was taking medicines that are not allowing him to be fertile and it was a bad time.
Then this year I had high grade dysplasia on cervix and now it is all healed... Now I am extremely anxious on when it is a good TTC and how many years I have.

Xclairx any news?? I had my procedure last week and it turned out I had chronic appendicitis! Recovering this week, back to work next week.

How are you doing??

Hiya,

So glad to hear you are better now :thumbup: How is everything with you?
I seen the cardiologist you would be surprised how submissive they are just because of my age! We started to ttc after the appointment for 1 month (negative) but i took a turn for the worse, severe shortness of breath, unable to sleep properly, new onset of palpitations much worse than usual and just generally weak and feeling awful. So now i await another appointment with him and ttc back on hold. Seeing him next week. Will keep you updated. Thanks for checking up :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->