Anyone else's docs said wait 6 mths?

bluesky

Reaction score
Its my first mc, and 2 docs have mentioned about waiting 6 months, so body heals and emotionally I heal and she said there would be better chances of not mc again if I leave it.

I dont want to wait that long. Im still awaiting my AF 6 weeks later so not trying yet anyway.

What are other peoples docs saying?
x

Its my first mc, and 2 docs have mentioned about waiting 6 months, so body heals and emotionally I heal and she said there would be better chances of not mc again if I leave it.

I dont want to wait that long. Im still awaiting my AF 6 weeks later so not trying yet anyway.

What are other peoples docs saying?
x

the first doctor i saw told me to prob wait 6 months then i saw midwife at epu and they said there is no reason why u can't try after 1st af i decided not to wait at all as there is nothing to suggest why u should wait other than for dating purposes hope this helps heather x

Thanks Heather

I wonder why they say 6 months, I would think that they do know what they are on about but then I read on here most people try straight away. I cant wait to start again but im happy to wait for 2 af's

We weren't told to wait so started TTC straight away.

Thanks Heather

I wonder why they say 6 months, I would think that they do know what they are on about but then I read on here most people try straight away. I cant wait to start again but im happy to wait for 2 af's

i think they like u have time to heal emotionally x

I was told to wait 2 cycles, because that is what the hospital policy is. The doctor told me on the side that there is really no evidence that you need to wait that long. They just don't have enough research either way. 6 months sounds like a long time. The only time I've ever heard to wait that long is if you had a molar pregnancy which it sounds like you didn't. (They would tell you if you did). For me, the only way to heal emotionally was to start trying again.

It varies depending on the advisers beliefs in the matter :

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/trying_again.htm

This link is helpful ( I found the whole site handy ) - unless there is a medical reason ( eg molar pregnancy ) there's no reason why you can't start to ttc once you feel ready.

hx

Thanks everyone thats just what I need to hear xx

Bluesky.

I discussed this issue with my Doc, as its a bit of a trey area.

She told me there is no MEDICAL REASON whatsoever that you cannot TTC - unless you have health issues. if it was a normal MC - then as long as you are able to cope emotionally - you CAN TTC immediately after bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->