Anyone ever have a BFP after a failed IVF??

jen and Emmi, sugar is also my huge problem, I tried staying away from it but barely managed a month and it was a complete misery. I just cant do without chocolate. Another one is coffee, but I did manage to stay away from cappuccinos for almost a year (with no visible improvement). I got high FSH last year and the NHS refused us funding for IVF. I was devastated, I read The Infertility Cure got inspired and changed my lifestyle, quit coffee, reduced chocolate, did juicing, acu/herbs etc etc and in a year time my FSH got much higher :( I was depressed beyond belief. why? I was so good, I sacrificed so much, why did it not get better or at least stay the same? It just shows that for some people it does not work, or may be it does not work at all and things happen randomly in life with no logic. Anyway, I carry on with healthy eating but I just do not deprive myself from the things I love i.e. chocolate. I gave it my all for the natural conception to happen but with hubby's poor sperm I guess it's just not going to so it's IVF for us. I reconciled and praying it works.

Emmi, I think if your DH's sperm is good then you have increased chances of conceiving naturally after a failed IVF. I read so many stories of women with female infertility and unexplained infertility who got pregnant 1-2 cycles right after the failed IVF. I think it's something to do with all those hormones we have to take during the IVF, apparently it can fix something that no one knew needs fixing and give you a miracle natural BFP. Keep faith!

jen, like yourself I started IVF thinking "why am i doing this" this is so unnatural, but once my little perfect embryo was put back in it was the most amazing feeling, probably for the first time in years I was closer to getting pregnant than ever. I could not stop smiling! even now when I think that my little one might still be there growing and going with me to work and drinking wheatgrass and carrot juice with me I feel happy. in all my 3.5 TTC years I felt happy I think only when I threw up in TWW thinking that was it (obviously it was not, just food poisoning)

re the dairy, during my IVf cycle, when the eggs were growing I was craving milk so much, I do not usually drink it unless it's in cappuccino but this cycle I was going through a pint a day

jen and Emmi, sugar is also my huge problem, I tried staying away from it but barely managed a month and it was a complete misery. I just cant do without chocolate. Another one is coffee, but I did manage to stay away from cappuccinos for almost a year (with no visible improvement). I got high FSH last year and the NHS refused us funding for IVF. I was devastated, I read The Infertility Cure got inspired and changed my lifestyle, quit coffee, reduced chocolate, did juicing, acu/herbs etc etc and in a year time my FSH got much higher :( I was depressed beyond belief. why? I was so good, I sacrificed so much, why did it not get better or at least stay the same? It just shows that for some people it does not work, or may be it does not work at all and things happen randomly in life with no logic. Anyway, I carry on with healthy eating but I just do not deprive myself from the things I love i.e. chocolate. I gave it my all for the natural conception to happen but with hubby's poor sperm I guess it's just not going to so it's IVF for us. I reconciled and praying it works.

Emmi, I think if your DH's sperm is good then you have increased chances of conceiving naturally after a failed IVF. I read so many stories of women with female infertility and unexplained infertility who got pregnant 1-2 cycles right after the failed IVF. I think it's something to do with all those hormones we have to take during the IVF, apparently it can fix something that no one knew needs fixing and give you a miracle natural BFP. Keep faith!

jen, like yourself I started IVF thinking "why am i doing this" this is so unnatural, but once my little perfect embryo was put back in it was the most amazing feeling, probably for the first time in years I was closer to getting pregnant than ever. I could not stop smiling! even now when I think that my little one might still be there growing and going with me to work and drinking wheatgrass and carrot juice with me I feel happy. in all my 3.5 TTC years I felt happy I think only when I threw up in TWW thinking that was it (obviously it was not, just food poisoning)

re the dairy, during my IVf cycle, when the eggs were growing I was craving milk so much, I do not usually drink it unless it's in cappuccino but this cycle I was going through a pint a day

Hi Briss - thank you for posting:flower: I am wishing and hoping that your time has come - keeping everything crossed for you:hugs:

I agree with not depriving yourself of anything - I have tried every diet under the sun (regardless of fertility) and I do think that healthy eating with a little bit of what you fancy is the best way to go. I have been craving chocolate since last week - when my IVF failed:cry: But also think I am craving chocolate as I lost so much blood - I just need an energy boost.

And it's interesting that you made all those changes and it just didn't work for you. So I have come to the conclusion - be as healthy as I can - swim, walk the dog (never gonna be a gym or zumba kind of girl) and eat my 5 a day and have a few suppliments - plonked for royal jelly, folic acid, fish oils and Co Enzyme Q10!)

Hoping that with hubby's new supersonic sperm:winkwink:- we may have a better chance.

Keeping everything crossed for you.

x

Emmi, Tnaks! I think you are on the right track, I hope that IVF has given your body the boost it needs to conceive naturally.

actually for this IVf cycle I stopped my supplements/vitamins madness and just had EPO, vit E and coq10 before EC and pregnacare, fish oil and Vic C after EC. although I am quite sure a shot of wheatgrass juice and a pint of veg juice should provide me with all the vits I need. Still feels strange to go with no supp at all, I am so used to taking tonnes of things throughout the day.

also if you can swap folic acid for folate, it's much healthier alternative e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solgar-Fol...&qid=1381337501&sr=8-1&keywords=folate+solgar

Ahhhh yes - I have heard about folate so will look into it!

I think it's so easy to go overboard with suppliments - you hear of something that someone is taking and you think that you should be too! But I think I am okay just taking the few that I do and no mater how much chocolate I eat etc - I always have one meal thats full of veggies and the good stuff. Superfood like broccoli, avacados, blueberries etc can easily be eaten and incorporated in meals so I think we can get the right balance through a wee bit of sensible eating:happydance:

Briss i'm sorry that you didn't see any results after working so hard on nutrition. my husband doesn't have any issues and i honestly do not know what that is like trying to solve multiple fertility issues outside my own. imaginably frustrating, i'm sure. i do believe that all those vitamins and exercise cultivate better soil, so to speak, in order to increase egg quality. my fsh is high too and the FS would no longer to IUI with me because of it. my FS wouldn't even consider ivf with my eggs at all. i have read that women can and do conceive with high fsh.

i am excited about your ivf and can't to hear about it's success!!! thinking all that work you've done is going to pay off!!

My hubby and I were both declared completely infertile, he with dodgy sperm for which ICSI was the only option and me with blocked tubes on both sides. We had 3 ICSI cycles with 6 transfers. The first 4 did not work at all, after 5th we had heartbreaking miscarriage and after the 6 th we have a twin pregnancy At 16 weeks. Ivf is unpredictable. I don't believe in any statistics here. Every couple is different. A good fertility doc understands that, and the fact that the matter they deal with is to,a very large extent outside of their control. Good luck to all of you trying! It can happen, we have given up hope and now we feel it is a miracle.

DhammaGirl, thanks for sharing. nice to know there is hope. my second IVf failed with zero fertilisation. Dh has been on hormonal treatment for the last 7 months but his SA has not improved at all so we are starting our 3rd IVF. this time with full on stims (max dose) and IMSI for sperm (his morphology can be as low as 0%)

In case anyone is still reading this thread. .. here is some hope. We had one natural early miscarriage and ttc at 40... 2 failed iuis. 4 ivf cycles with icsi, ending in one miscarriage at 8.5 weeks, one chemical pregnancy, one failed cycle (and one banking cycle in between), we decided to take a month off before trying our 5th cycle, before moving to donor eggs. That month off I turned 42. And I got a bfp naturally the day before my birthday. We are 6w 3d and saw the heartbeat today. Just want you to have hope- I thought it wouldn't happen for me, and when we stopped trying, it did. So, relax and take care of yourself. It's hard to go through what we do, but the struggle is part of our story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->