Anyone ever rethink TTC

My worry though is I will love it and wish Id started sooner, and want 5 more

This right here, EXACTLY, is me.

I'm terrified that it will never be enough.
Knowing when to stop making babies, is just as difficult as knowing when to start.

Two of you on here have now talked about your kids pucking up and catching pucking up illnesses from them... and now it's making me seriously want to rethink!!! I have a phobia about vomiting. It's part of the reason why we didn't TTC before now. The prospect of morning sickness and dealing with kids being ill scares the bejesus out of me. But we figured it's now or never at 37 so can't afford to worry about it any longer.

Hey Lancy, me too re vomit phobia... I know no-one likes vomit, but I have something similar to anxiety attacks if anyone even says they feel nauseaus... and if I am - it's a major big deal. I thought twice about having children because of it (pregnancy + thought of kids throwing up), but:::: I can't let that stop something this important. My strategy will be, if/when I find out I'm pregnant I will scour the net and find every freakin morning sickness remedy and device known to man! :haha: And re. the kids, I don't know, I just kinda hope I get used to the baby puke first and am better with it :shrug:

No nausea for you yet?

Hey Lancy, me too re vomit phobia... I know no-one likes vomit, but I have something similar to anxiety attacks if anyone even says they feel nauseaus... and if I am - it's a major big deal. I thought twice about having children because of it (pregnancy + thought of kids throwing up), but:::: I can't let that stop something this important. My strategy will be, if/when I find out I'm pregnant I will scour the net and find every freakin morning sickness remedy and device known to man! :haha: And re. the kids, I don't know, I just kinda hope I get used to the baby puke first and am better with it :shrug:

No nausea for you yet?

No. Doc said not to expect it for another couple of weeks. That is if I get to that stage. Won't rant about that here though, will do it on another thread that's more relevant so as not to bore the others on here!!

Did you know vomit phobia is called emetophobia? It's actually quite common but often gets misdiagnosed as other phobias. I've come across quite a few people throughout my life who've got it. And some of them have had children since, so maybe you just learn to deal with it!

Two of you on here have now talked about your kids pucking up and catching pucking up illnesses from them... and now it's making me seriously want to rethink!!! I have a phobia about vomiting. It's part of the reason why we didn't TTC before now. The prospect of morning sickness and dealing with kids being ill scares the bejesus out of me. But we figured it's now or never at 37 so can't afford to worry about it any longer.

No nausea for you yet?

Googly, I cannot stand anyone vomiting..I gag and end up getting sick myself but with your own kids you just do what you have to do. I think baby puke eases us into it as well :haha: same as all the other wierd and wonderful things kids do..babies ease us into toddlerhood etc etc.

No nausea for you yet?

No. Doc said not to expect it for another couple of weeks. That is if I get to that stage. Won't rant about that here though, will do it on another thread that's more relevant so as not to bore the others on here!!

Did you know vomit phobia is called emetophobia? It's actually quite common but often gets misdiagnosed as other phobias. I've come across quite a few people throughout my life who've got it. And some of them have had children since, so maybe you just learn to deal with it!

Lancy..why not start a journal for your pregnancy? I'd love to read about how everything is going for you and I know others will as well..no pregnancy is boring :thumbup: let me know if you decide to start one:thumbup::hugs:

Gotta ask the question...does anyone REALLY like vomit? :wacko:

My worry though is I will love it and wish Id started sooner, and want 5 more

This right here, EXACTLY, is me.

I'm terrified that it will never be enough.
Knowing when to stop making babies, is just as difficult as knowing when to start.

Ready..I am absolutly kicking myself for not doing something sooner after DS we left it waaayy to long about 12 years to long, now we're panicking and trying to decide if we have 1 more or 2 more. I really regret just leaving things go like we did.

I think there are known fetishes that probably like vomit:haha::haha: but nope I don't think anyone enjoys watching anyones stomach come out on the floor...YUCK!!!

I think there are known fetishes that probably like vomit:haha::haha: but nope I don't think anyone enjoys watching anyones stomach come out on the floor...YUCK!!!

Yeah but there are degress of not liking! When I say phobia, I mean a real full-on phobia. For years I couldn't eat out in restaurants for fear of getting food poisoning, wouldn't eat meat, wouldn't travel abroad in case of getting sick, wouldn't drink alcohol in case it made me sick, wouldn't go to parties in case other people got sick, obsessive to the point of OCD about hygiene...you get the picture... I still won't eat lettuce - lots of people get food poisoning from it because it's grown in shit (to put it bluntly) and then just washed in cold water; won't eat chicken unless I've cooked it myself; won't eat shellfish, but they're the main ones now. On the plus side I'm well practised for all the strict hygiene and dietary rules when you're pg! And yes, I am aware how mentally unstable this makes me and I would do my utmost to hide my fears if I have kids!

Hmm, sorry, probably TMI there. Sorry!

Lancy..why not start a journal for your pregnancy? I'd love to read about how everything is going for you and I know others will as well..no pregnancy is boring :thumbup: let me know if you decide to start one:thumbup::hugs:

Oooh, you mean somewhere I can talk totally about myself and rant to my heart's content? I'm loving the sound of that ;) How do I do that?

Uhhh Lancy, I am a former psychologist; I get it.:thumbup:

I was making a very general statement.:flower:

Oooh, you mean somewhere I can talk totally about myself and rant to my heart's content? I'm loving the sound of that ;) How do I do that?

Go into the pregnancy journal area and start one there:thumbup: Then link it in your siggy so everyone can shamelessly stalk you:haha:

Yeah but there are degress of not liking! When I say phobia, I mean a real full-on phobia. For years I couldn't eat out in restaurants for fear of getting food poisoning, wouldn't eat meat, wouldn't travel abroad in case of getting sick, wouldn't drink alcohol in case it made me sick, wouldn't go to parties in case other people got sick, obsessive to the point of OCD about hygiene...you get the picture... I still won't eat lettuce - lots of people get food poisoning from it because it's grown in shit (to put it bluntly) and then just washed in cold water; won't eat chicken unless I've cooked it myself; won't eat shellfish, but they're the main ones now. On the plus side I'm well practised for all the strict hygiene and dietary rules when you're pg! And yes, I am aware how mentally unstable this makes me and I would do my utmost to hide my fears if I have kids!

Hmm, sorry, probably TMI there. Sorry!

Yep yep, same here. You are for defs not alone on this one.

How about long car journeys with anyone else in the car? Sitting next to pale looking people on planes? Major anxiety.

No nausea for you yet?

Yes, second this... :thumbup:

Uhhh Lancy, I am a former psychologist; I get it.:thumbup:

I was making a very general statement.:flower:

Yeah, it wasn't a dig at your comment - I thought it was funny! :flower:

Yep yep, same here. You are for defs not alone on this one.

How about long car journeys with anyone else in the car? Sitting next to pale looking people on planes? Major anxiety.

Oh yes, been there, done both of those! That's a good example of why it gets misdiagnosed as other phobias. When I tried to explain to a doc once he said "so you obviously have a fear of flying"... arggghhh... how dumb can you be? LISTEN to what I'm saying you dunce...!

Go into the pregnancy journal area and start one there:thumbup: Then link it in your siggy so everyone can shamelessly stalk you:haha:

Hmmm, not sure I feel comfortable about doing that at the moment if it's specifically a pregnancy journal. As the doctor so bluntly put it "it could just be a long cycle at this stage" and I'm feeling very rocky about it all at the moment. Then again, I guess recording the early stages might be the most useful for people, whatever happens.... I'll have a think...and a stalk of some other journals b4 deciding! ;)

Hmmm, not sure I feel comfortable about doing that at the moment if it's specifically a pregnancy journal. As the doctor so bluntly put it "it could just be a long cycle at this stage" and I'm feeling very rocky about it all at the moment. Then again, I guess recording the early stages might be the most useful for people, whatever happens.... I'll have a think...and a stalk of some other journals b4 deciding! ;)

OK ladies I did it - I started a journal. There's LOTS of waffling for the first few posts to get my story up to date, but whether anyone reads it or not, it was very cathartic to write it, so thanks! LancyLass (37 yr old with a short LP): Worry, worry, worry - from BFP to...???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->