Anyone ever struggled to conceive baby number 3/4/5 etc...

Buttercupbabi

Reaction score
A little background I have fallen pregnant 3 times with my OH with 2 little boys at the end of it... 1 pregnancy ended up ending at 9 weeks :cry:

All 3 pregnancies happened pretty quickly! The only times we had unprotected sex and off BC and I fell pregnant... and now I feel like its just taking ages, i've started to temp and using OPKs but all this stuff really confuses me!

I thought maybe my underactive thyroid had a part in this but having cycles in the normal range (28/33days) and having a period once a month, I was told that it was a good sign and theres no reason why i wasnt ovulating!

This is so frustrating!!
Anyone else in the same boat?xxx

PS: I hope I dont offend anyone, I know im very lucky to have 2 children :flower:

I am in the same boat as you right now. I like yourself have been blessed with two wonderful children and are currently am TTC no3. It is proving to be a bit difficult.

With my 1st i had no clue i was pregnant as i continued to bleed til 5 months pregnant, i found out at three months as i was feeling sick for two weeks straight was decided to get a test to at least rule that out. Thought i was a few weeks found out i was three months the next week through a scan.

With my 2nd we were trying but not tracking anything and it took two months, i knew i was pregnant by 2 weeks as i was always sick, tired and smells made me feel worse.

Now were trying for No3 and have been for 6 months, I do not understand what is going on the whole thing seems weird. Back in November i thought i was pregnant loads of symptoms but BFN at 7 days late my doctor took blood and said i was not pregnant but was really low on folate and needed a perscription for folic acid as the shop doses were too low. I took that for and within 4 days the witch arrived painfully. My cycle took 2 months to get back to its normal 28 days.

Nothing happen and then this cycle just gone again thought i was pregnant, symptoms, 10 days late this time and nothing just BFNs and then 2 days later witch arrived and is so painful.

Now waiting for my period to end to try again, I am looking into temping now & using maybe preseed. It seems much more difficult this time around :(

Same as you! Ttc no3 my LG took 5 and half years to conceive my LB I fell strait after a MC this time round 7 months and still trying :/

Me too (sort of). With DD I was 22 and she was a surprise. With DD2, I was 27 and got pregnant cycle number 2. Now I’m on cycle 4 and nothing so far. I’m 32 now so I’m wondering if it’s my age. I also weigh more now :(

I have 4 children and 1 Angel. I had a mc between baby #2 and #3 @12 weeks. Fell pregnant one cycle later. Was told my mc was most likely due to my abnormal thyroid level. I was dx with hypothyroidism with baby #2. Myh husband and I tried last yearly briefly for baby #5 but once I got my period back after breastfeeding they were all crazy
Finally over the last several months they have been pretty normal. My cycles the last 3 months have been 30-31 days. I am 4-5dpo and hoping I ovulated this month. I've been blessed in the past with getting pregnant easily and I'm hoping we succeeded this cycle. I'm super impatient and my anxiety can't handle the waiting lol. Fingers crossed for us all. I really wish you could instantly know if you're pregnant haha

I feel like maybe the age and my bmi being a bit bigger (I wouldnt say i was big 11.3st and 5'6 but BMI is saying overweight) Whatevs!

Its a shame that in 2018 we're still having to pee on a stick lol if only there was a app that could tell straight away lol

Wish you ladies all the luck and baby dust!
Lets hope this year is our year xxx

I have 4 children and 1 Angel. I had a mc between baby #2 and #3 @12 weeks. Fell pregnant one cycle later. Was told my mc was most likely due to my abnormal thyroid level. I was dx with hypothyroidism with baby #2. Myh husband and I tried last yearly briefly for baby #5 but once I got my period back after breastfeeding they were all crazy
Finally over the last several months they have been pretty normal. My cycles the last 3 months have been 30-31 days. I am 4-5dpo and hoping I ovulated this month. I've been blessed in the past with getting pregnant easily and I'm hoping we succeeded this cycle. I'm super impatient and my anxiety can't handle the waiting lol. Fingers crossed for us all. I really wish you could instantly know if you're pregnant haha

Hi Summer,

Its nice to hear that you have successfully had babies after being told you had Hypothyroidism, although sorry to hear about your MC that must have been pretty tough.

I was told I had Hypothyroidism last year, looks like im finally on my way to get better as my levels have dropped so much more! Knowing I have this sometimes makes me think that I will never conceive but hearing that you have has made me feel really positive :flower:

I have 3 children and have been pregnant 5 times. I got pregnant 4 times easily. 1st was a CP. 4th was a MC at 10 weeks. After my MC it took 5 months to get pregnant which felt like an age but I think it was because I was quite poorly after the MC and my body knew I wasn't ready. I haven't entirely given up on the idea of a 4th (secretly anyway). But I am not sure how realistic an option it is as 39 is fast approaching. Will flow this thread out of interest.

Me! I have been pregnant 4 times and have 3 kids out of those. 3 of the pregnancies happened the first cycle and 1 of them 2 cycles. I was very blessed and very lucky to have it happen so quickly with them! I barely had to try to get pregnant. Now that I am trying to conceive #4 it just isn't happening. This would be our 9th cycle of trying if we decided to try but because of the anxiety I have been having (which started because of not getting pregnant and now escalated to super bad intrusive thoughts and other anxiety) I have to take a break from TTC for a bit. So the 8 cycles we tried, nothing :( I am scared I will never be able to get pregnant on my own again. I had my hormones checked and the only thing that was off was my thyroid and that was just borderline (3.5 TSH) and I am on meds for that but still no success with TTC. My progesterone was 19.5 at 7dpo so it looks like I am ovulating just fine. We are timing BD just right and using preseed. I have tried elevating my butt for an hour after BD'ing and using soft cups. Changing my diet to fertility friendly foods/organic foods. Also using no lotions or shampoos or cleaning products with xenoestrogens, etc etc! I have tried different supplements etc. There were a couple months I was not stressed at all and just going with the flow, but nothing is working! I keep wondering if I waited too long to start trying for #4? But 33 isnt too old?! Oh I also had an HSG, my tubes are clear. I had a saline ultrasound where they insert saline into my uterus then do a transvaginal ultrasound and my uterus looked great. They dont see any reason as to why I am not getting pregnant. DH sperm analysis came back great.
I just dont know what to do from here. When we start trying again later this year, I will have to try some medicated cycles. My RE recommended I start with that. Then I will probably try just one IUI. I dont want to spend too much on treatments that dont have a high success rate though. I plan on getting IVF summer of 2019 ( I will be 35 by then) if I am still not pregnant. I have been looking up affordable IVF places here in the U.S. and there are some options that wont cost $10,000-$20,000. Ugh, I am just so frustrated it has come to this!

Yes! We’ve been TTC #3, off and on, for 8 years! My first two children were easy to conceive, but I was 22 and 24 years old at the time. It took us over 5 years to conceive the last one, but it ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks. TTC is the most exhausting, soul-crushing journey I’ve ever been on. I wouldn’t wish infertility on my worst enemy. I’m on 100 mg of Clomid, praying for another miracle. I hope you get yours, too.

Me too. Iv had 4 pregnancies. And conceived them all with the first month ttc. Sadly 2 of my children passed away. One at 9 days old and the other was stillborn. We have been trying for 1 year. Hubbys semen anaylis was better than normal and iv had a scan to check ovaries ect. My periods are every 26 days and I'm like clockwork. Wondering if my body can't handle more pregnancies. I'm 32. So still young. Oh doesn't have children and I'm always disappointed in myself because I can't give it him. It's very stressful and puts alot of pressure on you. We are looking into ivf as they do a payment plan option. Xx

Sammie, I'm so sorry to hear that! How heartbreaking, I couldn't even imagine what you went through!

Can't believe just how difficult it can all get, even the most healthy couples with nothing wrong can find it difficult! its a shame there isn't an easier way to see if you have ovulated for sure! A positive OPK, discharge and temping just isn't enough sometimes!!

I wish you all the luck and baby dust in the world xx

It's so frustrating when everything is normal but you just can't get pregnant. I almost wish there was something wrong so at least there was a reason and a plan of action. Of course, I wouldn't want anything major, but maybe a hormone was off and you just had to take some pills to fix it. I was hoping that my thyroid being underactive was the reason. Even though it wasn't that off I heard some women cant seem to get pregnant until their TSH is under 2. Mine was 3.5. I just got my blood taken today to re-check. I'm crossing my fingers it's under a 2! I cant try again until the end of this year, but I want to have my TSH at a good level so that is one less thing to worry about.

My FSH is 5.7 (U.S.)
AMH is 3.2/ml (U.S. measurement) Both show my eggs quantity and quality are that of a women between 25-30 yrs old. I just turned 34 so those numbers are great! So, something else is obviously off. I just cannot figure out what. I think later this year when I finally have good insurance (it kicks in in July) I will request a hysteroscopy. That is a sure way to see any abnormalities in the uterus that a saline ultrasound does not always pick up

Its definitely frustrating. I was told an underactive thyroid could make it harder but you can still get pregnant! You would need to tell your GP straight away as you'd need meds for sure!

Xxx

Hi Summer,

Its nice to hear that you have successfully had babies after being told you had Hypothyroidism, although sorry to hear about your MC that must have been pretty tough.

I was told I had Hypothyroidism last year, looks like im finally on my way to get better as my levels have dropped so much more! Knowing I have this sometimes makes me think that I will never conceive but hearing that you have has made me feel really positive :flower:

Thank you. I took that mc really hard. It was my first and hopefully my last. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. We were gonna take a break from trying but after a couple weeks I got a period and concieved right away. That definitely helped my healing process.

As long as I'm on my medicine I've had no issues with getting pregnant. My Dr would order a thyroid test every 6 weeks and sometimes my med would need increased. It can definitely happen for you! My tsh in December was 10.98 and last week was 1.48 so I'm pretty confident I ovulated this cycle. I'm 8dpo now. Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->