Anyone feeling bad at 30 weeks?

Sophe

Reaction score
Hi,

I am coming up to 30 weeks on Monday.

I have stared to find even walking upstairs and light housework tiring, also morning sickness has come back this week worse than it ever was at the start. I have had rib pain from about 22 weeks and that is getting worse and keeping me awake at night.. went for GP appointment and have been signed off sick ofr two weeks because of very very low iron and a racing heart, and maybe because I cried whilst there I was feeling so rubbish.

Did any of you go through a stage like this around this time? Surely I won't feel bad for the next 10 weeks? I did read there is another rise in hormones around now as the baby has a growth spurt??

I planned to carry on working util 36 weeks, but I am exhausted and haven't ledt the house in days, I keep being sick everytime I eat.. maybe 've just got a bug I don't know.

I see other women still active going to the gym and coping so well, i feel a failure, what if i still have a bad back when the baby comes how will I take care of him, getting really low and fed up, want to do the best I can for him.

anyway, sorry for the down beat post, i guess i am just lookign for someone who understands. I don't like to moan about being pregnant, because its what I wanted and and know it will be worth it to be a mummy, i just didn't realise how tiring and emotional it all is.

:sleep:

I don't have low iron and was feeling fantastic until yesterday, aside from pelvic pain if I overdid it. Now I just feel knackered all of a sudden, it started yesterday :(. Probably doesn't help that the night before last I barely slept as I couldn't get to sleep then had to take one of my other kids to an appointment really early and get some shopping, and then last night I couldn't get to sleep until about 4am due to heartburn and my hips were really killing. Managed to get some more sleep at lunch but just feel horrible and am having to do the washing up while sitting down even though that kills my arms as the highest chair we have is still on the low side compared to worktop height. I have four other kids three of whom are home educated and so I barely get a break from them, and this morning while I was resting they went on a bit of a rampage, grrrr :( So I really sympathise. It will all be worth it in the end hun believe me xx

Thanks, I would love a brother or sister for this baby, I wonder how you ladies do this again with other kids to think of and not just yourself, must be very hard, I know its worth it though, you just don't know until you are there how your body will cope being pregnant, i think of myself as fit and healthy and didn't expect this, but I guess there is a limit to how much our bodies can do, they are growing another which is amazing really if you think about it!

I feel for you with the pelvic pain, mines in my ribs and I can escape from it by sitting on a comfy chair at least.

Whoah there!!!
That's a lot of what ifs!!!
Ok so you have hit a bit of a slump, it is completely to be expected, and will also make you so emotional. No one likes feeling poorly and low. It sounds like you have done so well in your pregnancy so far! Don't be so hard on yourself!
I have also had MS return at 30 weeks! It sucks! I'm trying not to trigger it too much by not eating anything spicy or heavy on my tummy, also it sucks vomiting anything too yucky!
Just remember that despite when you were sick in 1st tri, your 30!!!! Weeks and 3/4 of the way through!
You did we'll getting time off work. Take plenty of warm oily baths to relieve your aching bones, pamper and rest! You sound like you need it!
Don't worry about what may or may not happen when baby is here, focus on the now. Look after yourself! Xxxxx

I hope this makes you feel better. I'm a couple days behind you. I'm in the same boat. This week I developed all new symptoms. It's hard for me to catch my breath, I started to swell, sleeping hurts on my side...I'm tired all the time.

Hang in there...we are believe it or not, on the home stretch! :hugs:

You are totally allowed to have a complain every now and then. 9 months is a long time to be pregnant. It's hard, exhausting and magical all at once. I tho k before you are pregnant you can't appreciate just how hard. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and knackered. My bump aches and my back aches. My 2 year old is upset as mummy can't carry him anymore and roll around on the floor so I'm feeling like a bad mum too lol. I'm getting a lot of braxton hicks which are very uncomfortable. I wake each morning with a stiff body and aching... I want to sleep on my tummy again! From my memory I'm afraid it is only going to get harder. The baby getting bigger. I'm not sure about morning sickness although I have felt nauseous myself a few times in the last week. I hope we all feel better soon. I guess I must bw looking alright though as I was told I was blooming by another lady yesterday which was kind lol

I thought it was just me! It's going to be a long 10 weeks, but it will all be worth it I'm sure! I never got MS in the first tri just felt a bit nauseous every now and then, but last night I felt sooooo sick whilst in bed, my hips hurts and my tummy felt really bloated. The night before I had terrible back ache and could not get comfortable for longer than 2 mins. I'm hoping for an easier night tonight, plus a lay in...fingers crossed! Hope you ladies start to fel better soon xxx

Thanks for all your replies, I do feel better knowing I am not the only one, just a bad day I guess, and yes i am lucky to get a break from work.

Last week, I was short of breath when I walked and terrible pelvic and hip pain. I have my energy back this week, but I find I have to get myself to workout and move through it for me. The more I rest a few days in a row, the worse I feel. I have right hip pain and also that pelvic condition, but the only solution is exercise to relieveit. I have heartburn pretty crazy right now. I have had pregnancy insomnia through all of pregancy, I average 3 hours a night tops...and I work 10 hour days...but keeping active helps me through it all and I really think I feel pretty darn good. My six year old boy is very protective of his new brother coming and very helpful too. I am 42 and telling myself I am a strong young lady every day! :happydance:

I hope to continue to work until my due date, we will see. I do plan on cutting my hours back to 8 hour days soon, but I run a credit union and it can be tough to work less than that.

I hope you feel better soon.

I am absolutely exhausted but now the iron makes me throw up:( I was so tired today that I chanced taking an iron pill, thinking maybe the nausea was in my head. I threw up all the healthy food I ate for dinner. I feel nauseated a lot of the time even without the iron. I am so happy to be having a baby but I hate being pregnant. I'm clearly not cut out for it. I just hope I feel like myself again once the baby's here. I always thought I wanted three kids but I don't think I could do this more than one more time.

I am a couple of days shy off 30 weeks but the last week or two have been awful. I have my 4th urine infection, thrush from the antibiotics, severe pelvic and back pain for which I use a belt and more recently crutches, low iron levels and lots of heartburn and nausea.
I went to GP yesterday about my snoring as it is disrupting DH and me so on top of hip pain waking me hourly, hubby is nudging me throughout the night and I am soooo tired!

This is my last pregnancy so was really hoping that it would be as enjoyable as my last one was but doesn't look likely!

The good news is my GP is happy to sign me off at any point now and all I need to do is phone her, rather than struggle to get an appt. therefore I will return to work from annual leave 2nd April and start clearing my drawer, winding down patient caseload and train up my colleagues to take over my duties. I am using 34 weeks as a target to reach.

Im 28 weeks, and was diagnosed with SPD last week : ( im doing okay now, just have a hard time with things like stairs or getting in and out of the car, or carrying my 40 lb three year old. But I hear it gets much worse, and I can't believe I have 10 weeks left! (Im assuming*not relying* baby will come about two weeks early, as he is on the heavier side and DD was two weeks early as well) I also feel like a horrible mom, as my patience has gone out the window,and I the house has been left somewhat unattended to :/
With nausea starting back up, not being able to breath and getting up every hour in the night to pee, im done!

But I know it will be worth it, just, in a slump.

I was horribly out of breath just walking up the stairs today! And am struggling to pick my 1 year old up now! I'm paniking that I still have 8 weeks to go (I'm 29 weeks but getting induced at 37 as its twins). I'm not sure I'll have any energy left at all in 8 weeks, all I want to do is sleep and lie down!!!! So no, you're defo not on your own!!!! Xx

Shortness of breath when doing housework- tick, can't breath after walking up the stairs in our house - tick, sore back - tick, constant tiredness - tick!! I also had a bad week last week, sore bump & back when walking & sitting at work, tired, emotional, I took 2 days off work to just relax as I felt so horrible! I am also working until 36 weeks & not sure if I will make it that far! All I have ever wanted is to be a mum am so happy to be pregnant, but will be so happy when he is finally here!

Well, I found out why I was feeling so had I have have an underlying condition, just returned from hospital, need an op after baby is here.... :-(

I would request a full set of blood tests to anyone feeling really really rough, I don't think its normal.

Well, I found out why I was feeling so had I have have an underlying condition, just returned from hospital, need an op after baby is here.... :-(

I would request a full set of blood tests to anyone feeling really really rough, I don't think its normal.

Nightmare - hope you're ok

hye i just wanted to say, im nearly 31 weeks now and i had a bad patch around 29/30 weeks too, must be right about growth patch or something. i feel better now again.
ive switched back to smaller meals, little and often , if i dont get my full days calories i dont stress but i do try and get um, most days i do. its not ms as such, just smaller , squashed tummy prone to heartburn :)
i have back and hip pain too but bub has moved and i have a little relief at d mo, its not gone but much better ;) walking every day helps me a lot with back pain but i usually have one day ish a week which i take off.
im gettin less sleep, but i swear by pregnancy relaxation cds to get me to sleep, when i go to bed, i have restless legs and prickly skin, but few mins of the cds now usually sends me off again.,.
hope ur feelin better xxxxxxxxxxx

Nightmare - hope you're ok

Thanks, I am ok, its not serious but being pregnant makes it complicated, I have no energy at all, I nee to see a consultant to discuss my options with the birth as i won't have the energy i need.

I had a growth scan on our little bean and he's now 4 lbs so he's doing well thankfully, if he does have to come a little early he is on track to be a good size..
I hate thr thought of having to leave him to go in to hospital when he's weeks old, but DH will be there for him and my Mum. I just have to get through this difficult patch, but at the end of the day I should walk awy with a perfectly healthy child and thats all thats important in the long run, although I keep crying, not easy to deal with things with hormones raging through your body is it?

Hope everyone else is ok and the tired patch passes, we are all on the last stretch now, not long to go!

Good luck ladies and thaks for replying to me when I felt alone x

sophe glad they found what was wrong for u, sorry u need op but thank god its not life threatening thing or anything , hugs . xxx
hope all goes really well for u and u feel better soon xx

Your not alone, I am just into 30 weeks, I have congestion (not due to a cold or allergies) sleeping on my sides hurt, and I have siatica, swelling, hard to breath as well, up frequently at night, and tired all the time lately. As much as I love our little girl, and how neat it is to be pregnant, I am looking forward to getting my body back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->