Anyone focusing on having a relaxing pregnancy?

greats

Mommy!
Reaction score
With my dd, I had a very stressful pregnancy. I was high risk and constantly fretted over every little thing. I was constantly stressing myself out, staying away from caffeine and eggs and freaking out over everyone touching my belly lol I was a hot, miserable mess and honestly think me being so stressed out caused my dd to be a high strung, high needs, and stressed out baby.

This time around, I feel a lot more relaxed. I drink a cup of coffee a day, I eat over easy eggs couple times a week, I use face wash, I do my nails, and I'm dyeing my hair medium brown and pink this weekend :haha: I feel super relaxed and everything this go around.

Anyone else feel the same, or am I the crazy lady on here? :blush:

me i am on my 7th though so i am used to it lol feels like i have been pregnant for many years x

This is my first, so focused on having a "relaxing" pregnancy. I am holding myself to some strict standards including all of the aforementioned items. My mom wanted to go get nails done yesterday, but I opted to not go. Just because I am so early and the place isn't well ventilated... but mostly, I was just tired haha. I don't stress when the family wants to of out to dinner and I suddenly am off my organic meals for a night. I did stress last night because my mom does not have organic fat free milk, so when I got home at 9pm I had to force myself to drink two cups before bed.

BUT I am stress free. :) Or trying to be.

This is my first as well and I'm trying to be relaxed also. Honestly, I'm pretty darn relaxed about the food stuff. I'm so sick I just eat whatever feels right at the time. I think the sickness is putting a bit of a damper on my "stress-free pregnancy" dreams but hopefully it subsides soon. If not, I'll just sleep this whole pregnancy away!

If not, I'll just sleep this whole pregnancy away!

I saw my GYN today and she gave me the following advice, "I'm going to tell you what I told my friend who is in early pregnancy as well: just take a nap. Tired? Just take a nap! Most of your early pregnancy problems can be solved by... just taking a nap!" Haha she cracks me up

I am trying to have a relaxing pregnancy, but the rest of the world seems unable to cooperate, lol ;)

I have come to the conclusion that pregnant women should only have to communicate with other pregnant women, if anyone at all some days! I'm sure that would help me relax. Xx

Haha!

I've bleached/dyed my hair and use face washes. I'm a little cautious about caffeine, only drinking it up to 3x a week, usually due to extreme tiredness or a headache.

No medications whatsoever though.

So far so good!

Right here, I resigned from my job even. So far a relaxed, positive atmosphere

With my dd, I had a very stressful pregnancy. I was high risk and constantly fretted over every little thing. I was constantly stressing myself out, staying away from caffeine and eggs and freaking out over everyone touching my belly lol I was a hot, miserable mess and honestly think me being so stressed out caused my dd to be a high strung, high needs, and stressed out baby.

This time around, I feel a lot more relaxed. I drink a cup of coffee a day, I eat over easy eggs couple times a week, I use face wash, I do my nails, and I'm dyeing my hair medium brown and pink this weekend :haha: I feel super relaxed and everything this go around.

Anyone else feel the same, or am I the crazy lady on here? :blush:

sounds good to me.

Oh man, I'm still holding onto the idea of a relaxing pregnancy (this is my second). With my son I was all about meditation, clean eating, total medical intervention free, and daily exercise.

This time around I'm chasing a toddler, have hyperemesis, no family nearby to help, and every grotty symptom in the book. My eating has gone to the dogs (think French fries and sour patch kids - every time I each fresh fruit I vom until it's nothing but stomach acid) and I've had to have all kinds of meds to cope (anti nausea, progesterone, emergency root canals).

I'm trying not to kick myself over it all though... I'm only 11weeks and each day is new, bringing with it the possibility of doing things a bit better than the day before :)

Oh man, I'm still holding onto the idea of a relaxing pregnancy (this is my second). With my son I was all about meditation, clean eating, total medical intervention free, and daily exercise.

This time around I'm chasing a toddler, have hyperemesis, no family nearby to help, and every grotty symptom in the book. My eating has gone to the dogs (think French fries and sour patch kids - every time I each fresh fruit I vom until it's nothing but stomach acid) and I've had to have all kinds of meds to cope (anti nausea, progesterone, emergency root canals).

I'm trying not to kick myself over it all though... I'm only 11weeks and each day is new, bringing with it the possibility of doing things a bit better than the day before :)

That sounds awful:( I'm feeling the horrible symptoms for sure! On diclectin for nausea and it doesn't seem to be helping too much. Work is awful but I am grateful that I don't have an older baby that needs my attention. Don't know how I'm going to convince myself to do this a second time!! I hope everything gets better for you in the second trimester and you can be really nice and relaxed!

I'm also taking a relaxed approach! I thought I'd be a nut case, worrying about every little thing, but I've surprised myself and have felt very at peace so far. I was initially going to abstain from doing my nails and dying my hair, but after doing some research, I've booked appointments for both within the next two weeks. These are little indulgences that I love and won't always have time for when LO arrives...I feel it's inportant for me to enjoy them now.

One thing I wish I could be less "relaxed" about is exercise though...I haven't done so much as a leg lift for at least a month! Haha...

I'm also taking a relaxed approach! I thought I'd be a nut case, worrying about every little thing, but I've surprised myself and have felt very at peace so far. I was initially going to abstain from doing my nails and dying my hair, but after doing some research, I've booked appointments for both within the next two weeks. These are little indulgences that I love and won't always have time for when LO arrives...I feel it's inportant for me to enjoy them now.

One thing I wish I could be less "relaxed" about is exercise though...I haven't done so much as a leg lift for at least a month! Haha...

I keep telling myself I'll go to the gym when dh gets home from work but I get so lazy and just lounge around until bed time. I swore up and down I'm going tonight and told dh to push me out of the house to get me to go hahaha

I'm trying to have a relaxing pregnancy, it's going pretty good so far. Until I woke up today and realized I go in for my first appointment and ultrasound today. I'm freaking myself out over every little thing now!!!

I am trying. It's my first pregnancy and I am actually taking time off from my regular healthcare job...I was stressed out most of the time with it (I do rehab therapy) and we didn't feel it was worth it right now. I do want a part time job, though. As corny as it sounds, I am going to try to get a job at a maternity store so I can get a discount lol. The first couple of weeks of my pregnancy were HORRIBLE because of outside stuff happening and I was crying and stressed ALL THE TIME...so now, I am just trying to relax and keep my baby happy.

I keep telling myself I'll go to the gym when dh gets home from work but I get so lazy and just lounge around until bed time. I swore up and down I'm going tonight and told dh to push me out of the house to get me to go hahaha

Hahaha...you just described my nightly routine perfectly. :) OH just shakes his head and laughs at me when I tell him my grand plans of going to the gym "starting tomorrow". I do get out with my dog everyday though, better than nothing! (Yup, that's what I'm telling myself).

Nicem - I'm glad things have improved for you since the first two weeks of your pregnancy! I admire you for taking time off your rehab job - I would love to do the same, I do think it would make a huge difference in my stress levels. Andddd...working in a maternity store is a brilliant idea, good luck!!

I am on my 7 th baby (9th pregnancy) I am normally stressing now because of 2 previous mc's but right now I'm really relaxed and just enjoying every minute.

I never thought of working at a maternity store! That is genius!!! Hahaha

I made it to the gym today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back