Anyone get a uterine infection after c section And go on to have another baby??

fuschia

Reaction score
I was sent home from hospital following my emergency c section after 2 nights in hospital . On day 5 I was back in for 5 nights with a uterine infection and had intravenus antibiotics .

I am really worried that this infection in the lining of my womb is going to make it really hard for me to conceive / carry
Another baby !

Has anyone had a second baby after having an infection first time round in the lining of the womb ??

Hiya not sure if its the same thing as yours seems worse but i had so much trouble with infection in my wound and it reopening all the while it finally healed (after 3 or 4 different antibiotics) 4 months PP maybe longer. It took me 12 months to conceive DS and i got pregnant literally first try this time around!

Yeah, I did! :thumbup:

My first baby was born via emergency c-section. I was released after 3 nights, but on day 6 got a fever. The gynae prescribed antibiotics, but it didn't work. It was clearly a uterine infection on the sonars. I had fever, pain, heavy bleeding with clots, etc. For the next month, they kept on giving me one after another antibiotic but not strong ones since I was breastfeeding. The gynae didn't want to do a D&C until 6 weeks (I heard that before 6 weeks it can really scar the uterus and cause infertility). So at 6 weeks I got the D&C, but it still didn't help, though they said they found retained placental tissue inside which caused the infection. It was unfortunately already in the walls of my uterus.

So they asked me to stop breastfeeding for a week (expressed and threw it away while baby is on formula) and gave me really strong antibiotics. This, at long last, did the trick! At 2 months post partum. One gynae told me if I was her patient, she would've done a hysterectomy long before. So I was very relieved I wasn't her patient, but with a gynae that fought for my future fertility.

I've since had 2 more children (no infection after the c-sections) and I'm currently pregnant with my 4th baby. I fell pregnant very easily every time (first month of trying with nr 2 and 3, and 5 months of trying with nr 4).

Good luck, I hope you're all healthy now and that you'll easily fall pregnant again. :flower:

Just thought id bump this. I am op and im now ttc#2 and im on cycle 8 ( dd was conceived 1st try) so starting to get nervous and wondered if anyone else had experience!

X

I didn't have an infection after my c section but it took me a long time to conceive number 2. I think my problem was a short luteal phase but I'm just telling you this because there are other reasons that you might have problems other than the infection. Have you asked a doctor?
Also there is something called secondary infertility. A lot of doctors think that since you already had one baby that you should have no problem having another but in reality having a baby even without a c-section can completely change your body.

I ended up using OPK's and found out I was ovulating at a different point then I thought I was. I got pregnant but had a miscarriage and was afraid that it was the scar from the C section that caused it. I was making plans to maybe go to a doctor when I got pregnant with this one and it turned out to be a sticky one. :)

Sorry no real advice but I wish you luck and baby dust. :)

Hey fuschia,

Just a thought, it may not be due to the infection (I had one but haven't tried getting pregnant again yet), it could be due to changed cycles or your OH's fertility? (40% of fertility probs are caused by the partner's fertility so worth investigating? In our case my OH's fertility dropped dramatically after the birth!) Don't rule out tracking your cycle or checking out other factors just because your have got pregnant before. Good luck!! xx :hugs:

Reading back over old threads . Just wanted to say for anyone searching because they have the same concerns I have - i got pregnant again . It took 16 cycles .

It was such a relief to conceive - even in very early days when it's so worrying still- the fact I conceived meant so much!

My uterine infection was really nasty and I think that the way I was treated - wasn't quite enough. Don't get me wrong - nhs saved my life and that's amazing - but the emotional support wasn't there . No one explained to me exactly what it meant and if it would affect future fertility . I then googled and of course dr Google always suggests the worst!

It was when I started seeing a very knowledgeable acupuncturist and she took the time to talk to me about it and explained why she didn't think it would be affecting me . The uterine lining sheda every month so it's had plenty of time to recover .

That helped me to let it go and I think my paranoid feelings about it all were holding me back! I conceived the 2nd cycle after this !

Anyway- if this helps just one person who was concerned like me - then great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->