Anyone get pregnant a couple weeks after D & C??? HELP!!!!!

Hopefull11

Reaction score
Hi All,
I would like to know if there is anyone out there that got pregnant shortly after having a D & C ... and before they got their 1st NORMAL PERIOD!
I'm sort of in a tough situation .... I had a D & C on Sept 10/10 after finding out I had a blighted ovum :cry: The doctor told us to wait 1 month before trying again! WELL... we didn't wait that long!
I had a weird feeling that I was ovulating or close to it, so I decided to track it by using OPK's and on Oct.1 I got a + on the OPK! My husband and I did it a couple days in a row right around that time!
NOW, since yesterday I have been getting really bad bloating, i have this heavy sensation/ pressure in my lower tummy! All these signs point to being pregnant again, but can it actually really happen this quick and without having a normal period first!

UGH!!! I'm so confused and worried! I would really appreciate any advise or stories! :)

first of all :hugs: to you sweetie...
i'm not 100% sure but i didnt want to read and run. i think its possible i mean "they" say you tend to concieve faster after a m/c or "A" word... i dont see how a D&C could be any different on the "faster to concieve" theory...

Yes, it is possible! A D&C restarts your cycle so you could ovulate anytime after the procedure. Have you done a HPT?

Yes, it is possible! A D&C restarts your cycle so you could ovulate anytime after the procedure. Have you done a HPT?

I had taken a few last week and a couple this week, just to make sure I had gotten a :bfn: so i wouldn't get confused about it being left over HCG from my previous pregnancy! Even though the bloodwork came back and everything had went back to normal!
All the HPT's that I have taken thus far have been :bfn: .... The OPK's that I had taken on from sept 27 - Oct 2 showed a :bfp: on OCT 1

These next 2 weeks are going to draggggg!

I had taken a few last week and a couple this week, just to make sure I had gotten a :bfn: so i wouldn't get confused about it being left over HCG from my previous pregnancy! Even though the bloodwork came back and everything had went back to normal!
All the HPT's that I have taken thus far have been :bfn: .... The OPK's that I had taken on from sept 27 - Oct 2 showed a :bfp: on OCT 1

These next 2 weeks are going to draggggg!

Ugh, don't you just hate the waiting game!

:dust: to you!

It sucks waiting :( I don't know if and when to expect :witch: either .... I'm assuming in about 2 weeks time seeing as I ovulated Oct. 1
Maybe I should of waited to get AF before DTD :(

Hey!
I'm in a very similar situation. Had medical management fir a mmc on 12/09 and ovulated some time around 02/10. We were actively trying but somewhat surprised by O so don't know what our chances are. But I'm sure I'll be symptom spotting in no time as well... I would give it 18 days after your ovulation and then test if you haven't seen AF, so somewhere around 20/10? Good luck! :hugs:

Hey!
I'm in a very similar situation. Had medical management fir a mmc on 12/09 and ovulated some time around 02/10. We were actively trying but somewhat surprised by O so don't know what our chances are. But I'm sure I'll be symptom spotting in no time as well... I would give it 18 days after your ovulation and then test if you haven't seen AF, so somewhere around 20/10? Good luck! :hugs:

Im sorry for you loss hun! :hugs:.........

I normally have regular cycles, usually 28 days! (but that was on the pill) I came off the pill in July 2010 had AF the 13 of that month, then got pregnant the first time we tried, but i ended with a Blighted Ovum and needed a D & C at 8 weeks on Sept.10.2010 .... So now I sit here and wait it out to see when AF will show her face! I don't know when she will be due! ( I'm thinking sometime around the 14th ish) I know I Ovulated on the 1st of October b/c I was taking OPK's and it showed positive on the 1st! :shrug:

I have a follow up apt with my OB/GYN on the 14th! and it can't come fast enough!

good luck to you, fx'd - hope you get your :bfp: (and me too!)

:dust:

Hi Hopefull1,

I had a natural mc and was yesterday advised by the hospital to wait until I'd had one period before trying again. I came on here and asked opinions on this and read a bit on the internet. There seems to be no real physical reason to wait, and in fact, my research lead me to a few articles all stating that fertility is boosted after mc/d&c/erpc etc. My other half and I decided that as I am phsically fine and emotionally recovered enough to try again, that we will not wait.

My point is that I think it is very possible that you may get your BFP, so if you're ready for it, I hope it happens for you :hugs:

All the best x

Thanks for the advice hun!
I'm so sorry for you loss to! I just feel ready to have another baby, but there's this worry that something might happen! and I'm constantly thinking "WHAT IF?"

I'll be testing October 14th and hoping for a :bfp: I hope you get yours soon as well!
:hug: :dust:

Good luck Hopeful!

I am with you kit_cat - why wait?! I'm not going to either.

I feel more strongly about having another baby now than I ever did!:dust::dust::dust::dust:

I agree ginamurr, I have never been more sure of what I wanted until now.

Hopefull11, if you know you're ready physically and emotionally, then imo, get busy :sex: lol

:dust: to us all :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice hun!
I'm so sorry for you loss to! I just feel ready to have another baby, but there's this worry that something might happen! and I'm constantly thinking "WHAT IF?"

I'll be testing October 14th and hoping for a :bfp: I hope you get yours soon as well!
:hug: :dust:

Whether you waited or not you will always be worried that something might happen. It is hard to go back to those carfree days after you have had a loss.

Best of luck to you!

I am ready and having been DTD! :blush:
I figured why wait? I felt like I was emotionally/physically ready!.... I had a D&C on sept 10.2010, and once the bleeding stopped on the 17, we "DID IT" SEPT 26/29/30 and oct 1. ....I had a very + OPK on the 1st of October!
Now its just the 2ww that has been dragging
I have been getting some symptoms already, bloating, tender/heaviness/mild cramping in my LOWER tummy! I keep telling myself AF is coming, but it sure feels like it did the last 2 pregnancies! :shrug:

Ooooo, I can't tell you how many things I have crossed for you right now....lol

Best of luck and keep us posted :hugs:

Ooooo, I can't tell you how many things I have crossed for you right now....lol

Best of luck and keep us posted :hugs:

Well yesterday I went to the loo, and I had watery very light pink when I wiped SORRY TMI, then when I wiped the second time a chunk of pink flesh came out on the TP! :blush:
I thought for sure :witch: was on her way, and NOW NOTHING!!!! :nope: Just cramping and pulling twinges in my uterus!

I keep going to the loo and checking but nothing, nothing at all, not even way up there!.... I'm so confused right now! .... I'm 5DPO (Ovulated on Oct.1 - got a + on OPK) BUTTTTTT from the day of my D&C i'm technically CD25 (Sept 10th,2010)
*SIGH*
Is it possible to have Implantation bleeding at 5DPO?

Hey hopeful -like you, I had a mc and a D&C the same day as you! Sept 10th. I have been taking pregnancy tests to see where my hcg levels are and they are finally dropping (horrah!) so I hope that means my period is around the corner because I can't wait to start trying!

As far as getting pregnant after a D&C - yes it is absolutely possible to get pregnant during ovulation. My Dr. told me to try right away if I wanted to but I want to have one period first so I can date the pregnancy.

As others have said, there's no reason you can't try straight away. Many Drs tell you to wait due to emotional reasons. Physically if you are ready, go for it!

I really hope you get your BFP soon!! The only advice I can give you is what others who have gone through this have given me: try to not get your hopes up or else you will be really miserable everytime you get that BFN. You'll get there!

Best of luck! xo:hugs:

Hi Animalcracker!

I'm so sorry for your loss! :hug: :hug: :hug:
I also took Hpt tests (just the cheap internet ones) to confirm that myHCG levels were dropping, my doctor also got me to take weekly blood tests until it went to 0 !

Did you get bloods taken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->