Anyone get pregnant after Implanon?

Thanks again everyone. I know everyone is different and anything can happen but still! It makes me feel a little better hearing stories of those who were able to conceive immediately because that's what I'm hoping to happen. Fingers crossed I guess!

I had to reschedule my appointment due to work and am actually getting it removed a couple days earlier, next Wednesday the 10th. I'm terrified and excited all at the same time haha.

Hey wish I had seen your thread before I started mine about implanon/nexplanon.

Seems you are right! You either get pregant right away or takes a while.

Let me know how you are when you have it removed!! Seeing as you are only a few weeks behind me will be interesting to see how we differ.

I definitely will! We started trying already, before I've had it taken out in case I do ovulate right away. That way I can catch the egg, ya know? But my appointment is set for Wednesday morning & I work Thursday morning so I guess we'll see by Thursday night if any sort of bleeding starts or whatever.

Aw I hope you do catch it! Would be awesome to completely skip the whole TTC thing.
Yeah I mean I was spotting for a few days before I had it out so maybe I was just about to get a period anyway but I had it out on a Friday and by Saturday was in full flow so to speak

I've not had a period while on it. I've had spotting a few times but nothing in the last two months that I can think of. So I really have no idea what to expect when it's taken out.

Yeah you sound much the same as me when I was on it!

i never had a period between implanon being taken out and concieving. last period was march 2012.

i never had a period between implanon being taken out and concieving. last period was march 2012.

I have a couple questions if you don't mind me asking :)

- Were you actively TTC as soon as you had it removed?
- How soon after having it removed did you take a HPT/get a BFP?

Thanks!!

Thanks!!! I'm getting impatient and excited haha. I started Googling and have found several personal stories that make me feel a lot better. I figured I'd share them here for anyone who stumbles across this post looking for input.

-you can get pregnant immidiately after removal, my second child was concieved 2 days after removal. just had my most recent implant removed on the 14th Dec 2012 my fiance was over from US for 2 weeks from 21st Dec untill 5th jan and iv discovered im pregnant again so it happened this time within 3 weeks

-I had my Implant removed on 17th Dec 2012 and that was coincidentally the first day of my period and I fell Pregnant that cycle.

-the doctor said once you remove implanon your able to concieve the following 2days it all depends on your body it may take more.

-so appereantly its really fast to consieve after implanon removel. except that since we werent realeasing eggs for a while your body may realease more than one egg. lol but yes i got pregnant after implanon removal after 4/5 weeks. :) good luck and somthing similar happened with my friend. it took her 2 weeks to get pregnant after removal and shes having triplets! :)

-I had an implanon in for about 2 years before i had my daughter, after it was taken out i was pregnant 7 days later!

-I had mine out two weeks ago and my doc said you COULD ovulate within 6 hours of it been takenout. we had sex that night and as the sperm is in there you should keep ur legs up for 10 mins to make sure all of the swimmers can make it. sperm can stay in the uterus for up to 4 days. I had a blood test done because my last one i didnt find out until i was 10 weeks. and guess hwat.. PREGNANT!!!

So it looks like it's very possible to conceive immediately after removal which is exciting. I had seen so many more stories saying it took several months. I also saw several comments about waiting until you've had the implant out for 4 weeks before taking a HPT but I don't think I can wait that long haha. I want a 2ww, not a 4ww!

Was lovely to read this thread knowing that it all worked out for you as I can see from your signature and profile pic :) I've just had my implant out last week and have been actively ttc since that day so this thread has made me positive that it could happen quickly.

Sarah xxx

I have a couple questions if you don't mind me asking :)

- Were you actively TTC as soon as you had it removed?
- How soon after having it removed did you take a HPT/get a BFP?

Thanks!!

i wasnt actively ttc but yes we had unprotected sex.

implanon taken out end novemeber i concieved the following week! bfp 18th dec :thumbup:

Was lovely to read this thread knowing that it all worked out for you as I can see from your signature and profile pic :) I've just had my implant out last week and have been actively ttc since that day so this thread has made me positive that it could happen quickly.

Sarah xxx

Thanks and good luck to you!

I had my Implanon removed April 10th and got my bfp at the beginning of July.

Also got a bfp beginning of June but that ended in a miscarriage. But so far all is well with this pregnancy. I see my OB this morning and have my second scan today as well.

I had mine removed in April of last year, not to TTC but because it was causing me a lot of problems. I had to be put on b/c pills to regulate the Implanon, which was all just too ridiculous. I stopped the pills in June. We got pg the first time in July (the first time we tried). M/c at 5+2. Had one cycle, got pg again in September, m/c at 11+6. To be fair, though, I don't blame the Implanon for the losses. It's definitely possible to fall pg shortly after removal!

Sarah xxx

Thanks and good luck to you!

I had my Implanon removed April 10th and got my bfp at the beginning of July.

Also got a bfp beginning of June but that ended in a miscarriage. But so far all is well with this pregnancy. I see my OB this morning and have my second scan today as well.

I had an Implanon implant in for around eight years, well three in total. Removed it in September 2012, fell pregnant with this one in April 2013. First pregnancy, no miscarriages (touch every single piece of wood in the universe) and only one concern which has nothing to do with the implant.

So I've had a very good experience and will likely go back on the implant in the future.

I did have the implant in before I fell pg with my son, I had it out but used protection till I'd had a period which was about 3 weeks after removal then I got my BFP 4 weeks after that so it was quite quick that time round.

hi i had implant out 5 weeks now no sign off any period,,:nope:trying for number 2 ,,how long before body goes back to normal cycles etc ,,plus i only have one ovary and tube any tips etc grateful

hi i had implant out 5 weeks now no sign off any period,,:nope:trying for number 2 ,,how long before body goes back to normal cycles etc ,,plus i only have one ovary and tube any tips etc grateful

take a test! u can get pregnant before af

In researching TTC after Implanon, I found many cases of women getting pregnant before they got their first period. I think it took 6 weeks (maybe it was 5? I'm sure I posted it somewhere in this thread lol) for me to get my first period after Implanon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->