Anyone get pregnant after Implanon?

wavescrash

Mom to 3 girls.
Reaction score
[EDIT] I figured since this post is still getting replies I should probably update for anyone coming for input. I had my implant removed on April 10th. It took 5 weeks or so for me to get my first period. I ovulated on CD 15 like I normally did before Implanon. I got my first BFP at the beginning of June but that turned out to be a chemical pregnancy and the pregnancy ended when AF would have been 1 week late (28 day cycles for me.) I treated that like another period, counting the first day of bleeding as day 1 of my cycle and ovulated again on CD 14. I got my next BFP at 14dpo and as of this update am 14 weeks along and everything looks good so far. Good luck to everyone trying to conceive after Implanon!!!!

My first-born is 7 years old and my youngest (and only other) child will be turning 1 next month. I've had the Implanon in for the last 9 months or so. OH & I decided we want to start TTC #3 due to the fact that we want a much closer age gap between our youngest and the next child and because we have a wedding date set for 5/31/14. I already have my dress so it was either wait until after the wedding but then there would be several years' gap between the youngest kids and it's more than I'd like or try and get pregnant before June so that I have enough time to give birth, recover, return to my pre-pregnancy weight & fit in my dress and for us to return to a more normal sleep pattern (& amount of sleep) after having a newborn again.

In the end we decided to go ahead with it now & hope for the best as far as timing goes. I really didn't have any trouble conceiving my two girls. After my oldest was born, I had a miscarriage a year later. Then when TTC our youngest, I miscarried on August 4th but went on to get pregnant with her roughly 2 weeks later. I don't know if that has any bearing on TTC after having your Implanon removed but I'm hopeful haha!

So that being said - I'm curious to hear from those of you who have gotten pregnant after having your Implanon removed. How long did it take to get pregnant? Did you suffer any losses afterward?

I've heard some women fell pregnant within days or two weeks of the removal while others said it took up to 6 months. So basically I'm hoping to find many more stories of those where it didn't take long at all :)

Thanks in advance!

after depo 2.5 yr ttc

implanon oct 18th. conceived 4th dec :)

I had my implant out 19th jan 2011, had a period, was pregnant by end of march :)
so didn't take long at all lol

Thanks ladies!

I called to schedule my appointment today and she said she had to email my insurance to see if they would cover it (though I'm pretty sure they do.) So I guess we'll see!

I had implanting for 5 years (implanting for 3, Nexplanon for 2).

Was advised it could take around 6 months to conceive... Took 6 months exactly!

If I could prove implanon caused my infertility I would sue them for all they are worth. I had NO issues at all before getting it. After a year, a new marriage almost falling apart because of hormone induced insanity (literally...I threw a 10 pound lasagna dish at my husband because I was mad about the tea pitcher not being empty), and removal almost 12 months to the day after getting it, I suddenly had PCOS and severe insulin resistance. I had normal periods every 28 days down to the specific time of day I would start for 7 years before the implant. It took us 4 years and fertility treatments to conceive our son and I never got back to normal. I know this is not the norm for most women but I can't see a thread like this and not share my story. If it prevents 1 person from going through what we did it is worth it.

If I could prove implanon caused my infertility I would sue them for all they are worth. I had NO issues at all before getting it. After a year, a new marriage almost falling apart because of hormone induced insanity (literally...I threw a 10 pound lasagna dish at my husband because I was mad about the tea pitcher not being empty), and removal almost 12 months to the day after getting it, I suddenly had PCOS and severe insulin resistance. I had normal periods every 28 days down to the specific time of day I would start for 7 years before the implant. It took us 4 years and fertility treatments to conceive our son and I never got back to normal. I know this is not the norm for most women but I can't see a thread like this and not share my story. If it prevents 1 person from going through what we did it is worth it.

That is terrible :( I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I can't imagine! I can understand the whole "hormone induced insanity" issue though. I have mini outbursts here & there.

Thanks for sharing though! Same to everyone else.

My appointment for the removal is set for April 12th so I guess we shall see.

Conceived my first child 3 months after having implanon removed.
Got pregnant one month after having it removed with this pregnancy, currently 26 weeks along

I fell pregnant 3 months after implant removal (first month of trying) - I was however tracking my cycles the day after it was out leading up to it.

It took 6 weeks for me to get AF after having the implant out. I fell pregnant 10months after that, but I wasn't ovulating so the length it took to concieve is nothing to do with the implant.

i had my implant taken out coming up 3 months ago, i am about 3 weeks pregnant now. GL

Fell pregnant about 6 months after having my implant out, mc @12w. (Partial molar pregnancy)
18 months after that loss, fell pregnant again, early loss.

3 months after that fell pregnant again (on my first round of clomid) and had my son. All in all took pretty much 3 years to the day to become a mum!

I fell pregnant 3 months after having my implanon out, unfortunately lost baby due to being ectopic. Decided to wait a while and got pregnant again on 2nd cycle of ttc. currently 20+2 and alls good with this little one :) good luck :)

Immediately .... literally, I ovulated a week after it was removed and fell on with this bean straight away!

I had an early MC and then fell on with my DS too, had him and then went on the implant and fell on with this one.

Good Luck anyways!!! xx

Thanks again everyone!

If you don't mind me asking - those of you who took 3+ months to conceive, did you start trying immediately or wait until your first actual period arrived to start trying?

i waited until my period arrived to try, they have been a bit wonky since but it worked :D

I waited until af arrived. I was advised to by my dr. (I may have said that in my previous post can't remember!)

I had the implant out, 14days exactly I had my period (I have a 28 day cycle) 2 weeks later ovulated as normal got bfp when the next AF was due...I have the implant in for just under a year, I think 11months

I had implanon in for 6 years and was pregnant straight after.

My friend had it out after 9 years and was pregnant with twins in the first month of trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->