Anyone get pregnant EBF, before the return of AF?

bugaboobaby

Reaction score
I am currently EBF my 5 month old, no return of AF yet, but DH and I had a few Oopsies, that werent really oopsies. :blush: I am not looking to get pregs, but stupidly let him do his thing. Just wondering if anyone has fallen pregs in this kind of situation?

I got pregnant before AF returned, but DD was 12months old and on 3 meals a day. My understanding is that if your where to ovulated when still exclusivily breastfeeding there is a much higher chance you would have a luteal phase incompetency when the stage of your cycle from ovulation to menstruation is too short for the egg to implant.

I got pregnant while breastfeeding before the return of AF. But my daughter was just shy of 11 months old and eating 3 solid meals a day in addition to breastfeeding 5+ times a day and during the night also. We weren't trying to get pregnant either.

It's definitely possible.

My cousin got pregnant exclusively breat feeding when her daughter was 3 months old it is entirely possible

The thing is,as you havent had your period yet it is entirely possible that you could be ovulating and could get pregnant at any time.
I got my period 17 months pp with my son but my daughter was only 9 months and on 1 meal a day,and my friends baby was only 3 months when hers came back ebf.

I wouldnt take any chances unless you want another baby.

I got pregnant while breastfeeding before the return of AF. My twins was 4 months old.

I got pregnant around 2 mo pp while ebf. I think as long as you're feeding on demand at least every 4h during the day and every 6h at night, lactational ammenorrhea is 98-99.5% effective in the first 6 months. That's directly from the breast, though. It will also be affected by use of a pump substituting for feeds.

I EBF my son and got my period back about 5 months PP.. it took 9 cycles to conceive #2 (we were NTNP) & still BF.

I know of plenty of people that have fallen pregnant while ebf

I am currently EBF my 5 month old, no return of AF yet, but DH and I had a few Oopsies, that werent really oopsies. :blush: I am not looking to get pregs, but stupidly let him do his thing. Just wondering if anyone has fallen pregs in this kind of situation?

Just found out Monday! I'd check once a month because we were NTNP. Definitely can happen. My supply started going down which probably took away some protection too. Now my supply stinks and will need to supplement soon... :dohh:

Can you guys edit posts and add your ages? I hope to get lucky and have one more, had a baby 6/13/13, 2 mos old now, got preg at 43, delivered at 44. I know it's not likely, but my OB has patient delivered at 46, baby < 1yr, she is 8 wks now w/TWINS due when she is 47!!!!

My grandmother got preg at 45 (not BF though, had a < 1 yr old form. feeding), so I'm hopefull

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->