Anyone getting a 3D/4D ultrasound?

eris

Reaction score
The office I go to offers them, but the pictures look weird to me. The babies look like they are frozen in amber like on the show Fringe. Anyone going to get one at some point?

I am! Got one with my dd and loved it! She looked just like her 3D pic. I'll do it around 28 weeks.

I'm going for a private scan at just over 14 weeks. It'll be a gender scan and they said it'll be 3D. :D

They can do gender scan at 14 weeks?! I have to wait till 18 weeks to have my next scan unless I pay out of pocket for another scan before then. ;(

Still undecided about getting a 3D scan. I think my husband and daughter want me to get one.

Yup, as soon as I found out this place does it (and for $50!) I was all over it. Its a private scan, and all they do are 3D/4D ultrasounds after 14 weeks. I know my ob/gyn will do a gender check at 18-20, but I'm in patient. LOL :winkwink:

$50 is cheap! I was told my office does it for $99!

I got a 4D scan with my DD, was so lovely to see her little face before she was born, I want one with this baby too but will have to wait till 26 weeks ish x

I just found out the gender today at 13 weeks and we also got to see the baby in 3D. Of course she looked quite alien-like at this stage but it was still amazing to see her in such great detail this early on.

We plan to go back around 28 weeks once she's got some fat on her. :) I used to think that all 3D ultrasounds looked creepy and always said I'd never get one, but when it's your own baby it's so amazing.

I got one with my nuchal translucency scan at 12 weeks- they offered and I said yes- it was no extra cost (I always thought they were a bit creepy, but your own baby is different!)

It's weird seeing it just floating there! I got about 10 pics but the one below is one of my faves.

Attachments

• 12 weeks2.jpg
    12 weeks2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
We got a few pictures from ours with our dd that looked a bit dr who-ish, but it was amazing. We left it a bit late (33 wks) and were told we were lucky to get decent pics. At the time I still couldn't imagine what she'd look like, but she looked just like her scan pic, and still does I think. What I found most alarming was the way the man doing it kept karate chopping my stomach to get her to move!

I haven't decided yet, lol, the pics have always freaked me out!

Elizabean your baby is just beautiful!
I'll be having one at 29+ weeks. Had one with DD and it was an incredible experience.
Lots of people don't like the pictures. If you're one of them you maybe shouldn't have the scan?? But as a pp said, it's so different when it's your baby and you can see baby moving and yawning and blinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->