Anyone go into labour with a cold?

NotNic

Mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Just looking to see if it is possible and how you all coped. Everything I google pretty much says baby waits until the cold shifts, but I'm on day 5 now of this cold and not any better!

I do remember having a cold before labor with my last (and I came down with a cold 4 days ago, grrrrr). It seems like the cold was clearing up, or that my body kind of ignored it, when labor started. I know I wasn't coughing or sneezing horribly during contractions or anything.

Hope you feel much better soon!!

I felt myself getting a cold a few days ago. Thankfully I'm feeling better. I was worried about going into labor not feeling my best .

I had a cold during delivery... And the coughing actually helped me push baby out lol. You use the same muscles you use when coughing when pushing baby out. Since I had an epidural that took all sensation away I was somewhat lost on how to push... Mirror + coughing seriously helped me. Lol.

Yes. I came down with a very bad cold/flu illness just before my due date. Such a bad cough that I. Cracked 3 ribs while coughing! Seriously!
Baby went 10 days overdue, I think my body knew I couldn't have handled labor with such a bad illness. I wasn't really well on the day but did it (water birth, just gas and air - and big baby too - go me!).
To be honest I don't think it made much difference, I don't remember worrying about my cold at all during labor/birth. Poor baby got the cold at 5 days old too :-(

Yes-with both dd2 and with my ds, I had colds in labour.

I had a chest infection when in labour with my ds.
X

Ive had a cold each time before labour, never while in labour though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->