Anyone got pregnant while having the copper coil????

babydream

ttc#2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I haven't been on this site for a long time. I had a little girl in February 2012 and we still plan to wait a little longer to ttc again. I had the copper coil fitted about 18 months ago and all was ok until now. I'm 10 days late, no sign of af, no pmt (which is usually severe). I have a test for the morning but just wondering if anyone got pregnant while having the coil and what was the outcome. I'm terrified of an ectopic xx

A friend of mine did, and it ended up being ectopic unfortunately. It wasn't a fun experience to say the least. I hope all is well. How are you feeling?

I got the copper coil 18 months ago as well, the first 6 months were fine but then I missed a period and the next one was a just brown spotting. Turned out everything was fine, I was not pregnant. after that my periods were horrible and unbearable, and still are, I cannot wait to get this thing out to TTC this year.

Hopefully its just a fluke and you are not pregnant, if your test turns out to be positive, call the dr right away, they will see where it implanted, if its not ectopic, they can remove the coil and its possible the baby could stick, but there is a good chance of miscarriage.

Also, have you felt to see if you can feel the strings in your cervix? Its very unlikely youre pregnant unless the coil moved or came out.

My friend got pregnant with a coil, not sure if it was copper or mirena. She had a scan and thankfully not ectopic. I think they had to take it out but she's almost 20 weeks now and doing well. I think she had some issue with the shape of her uterus though which meant she wasn't actually suitable to have a coil. Hope everything turns out ok for you

Hi ladies, I haven't been on this site for a long time. I had a little girl in February 2012 and we still plan to wait a little longer to ttc again. I had the copper coil fitted about 18 months ago and all was ok until now. I'm 10 days late, no sign of af, no pmt (which is usually severe). I have a test for the morning but just wondering if anyone got pregnant while having the coil and what was the outcome. I'm terrified of an ectopic xx

Any news? Hope everything is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"