• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone had 2 missed miscarriages in a row?

I had one missed miscarriage and two miscarriages since then and have never seen a fetal heartbeat. When I was much younger I lost a healthy daughter at 20 weeks to an incompetent cervix. Each one has broken my heart and now when I see a :bfp: The only thing I feel is dread and fear. I am hoping for a baby at the end of this long, hard journey.

I am hoping we all get our much loved and long awaited rainbow babies. :flower:

Well I went to the docs today, and she has said she can't refer me to the hosp for tests because they will refuse me until i have lost a 3rd baby. She has agreed to do the clotting blood tests, and progesterone general check. I mentioned aspirin, and she didnt say absolutely do not take it, but she didnt say just take it either, she said lets see what the blood tests say. She has also said we can try straight away dont have to wait a cycle, it would be perfect if i fell preg straight away, but with my past two, bith have taken over a year to conceive, and both ended in miscarriage, I hope hope hope to fall preg before xmas, and finally get my bundle 9 months later. So will book myself in for the blood nurse, and see what comes back. Fingers crossed.....

good news is i dont feel as much like doing myself in today, finally someone is willing to try and help me...

Ive seen fetal heartbeats on both of the babies I lost which I think is a joy and yet adds to the pain.. :(
I think you just have to stay focused and only you will know when you have reached the end of the road, I think some things in life are a climb and who knows what next year will bring. will remember u girlies in my prayers xxx

hello,

i am so sorry to hear of your losses. myself and partner lee have been trying for a baby for a year and a half now. we have had 2 miscarriages in a row,

The first was very early on which is called a chemical pregnancy, i was 6 weeks!

The second was even more heartbreaking, i carried for 13weeks and was told the baby was not alive at my 3month scan....

The forums and support here online helped immensely....

My thoughts are with you all,
kindest regards Bex

baby 2 loss - I took the plunge and started taking aspirin 2 days ago just incase....

so sorry your having to go through this, i had MMC in february and just found out on wednesday that this pregnancy is a blighted ovum, the lady in EPU said it will have stopped growing at 6 weeks and absorbed back into my body leaving just the sac behind, trying not to lose hope though i will get my baby one day, i already havea 5year old son so i know i can carry to term good luck sweetie xx

I've had 3 missed miscarriages in a row now. Has anyone had answers as to why this may happen? Something must be stopping the pregnancy from progressing - the embryo must be embedding ok as I have to have D & C's each time to remove them. Has anyone gone through the tests they do after 3 miscarriages??

J x

Hello

I ve just suffered two miscarriages in a row - one at the beginning of September at 6 + 1 and then the second last week at 5 + 4 (approx - as i fell pregnant immediately after the first miscarriage i can only guess the date from ovulation timing).

I m desperate to start trying again straight away but worried that getting pregnant so quickly after the first one in some way caused the second miscarriage (although i do know people that have done this and been fine - so not sure this was the reason..).

Please can i ask what everyone did - or what they were advised to do after a second?

I m seeing my GP tomorow to see if i can have tests - at least if nothing is wrong it will put my mind at ease and i can hopefully relax that next time might be ok - and if there is anything wrong hopefully it can be treated. I will let you know what i m advised. At the moment i m panicking that maybe i have toxyplasmosis from my gorgeous cat (and so scared to even touch him!) and that caused them .. i also know i have slightly elevated pro lactin levels so i m not sure if this has been a factor.. i was also for some weird reason convinced the worst would happen when i became pregnant the first time and worked myself into such a state - and sadly my worst fears came true.. so then when it came to the second, while i tried desperately to relax knowing how common one M/C is having had one before i was still petrified and then again it happened ..

rhi
xx

:hugs: rhi

Hope you get some answers. I had 2 in a row TTC#1 and they will not test me until 3. I guess it depends on where you live. I hope your 3rd time is lucky and you won't need to be tested!

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have just had a missed mc thought we were 10 weeks but baby stopped growing at 7 weeks and had to have ERPC. Had a chemical mc over a year ago and suspect 2 more but won't test till at least 2 weeks late with period it's too hard to cope. We have a beautiful 3 year old boy and feel totally blessed to have him, would love to give him a brother or sister. Been trying for 18 months and have history of fertility problems so feeling like might have to be grateful for what we have so much luckier than many of you who don't have any children. Hugs to you all and hoping for healthy pg and babies x

I had 2 in a row a few years back. The first I found out on my 3 month scan and was devastated, I had never heard of them and my body was still telling me I was pregnant. I wouldnt have a d and c and didnt actually lose my baby until a month later.
The following time I was sent for an early scan at 7 weeks and a heartbeat was there but at the 3 month scan no hearbeat was found. This I found was harder but I had a d and c this time.
My doc sent me for loads of tests which all came back fine.
I tried again and said if it hapened again that was it. I was lucky and got my lil boy no problems and 7 years later had a lil girl as well.
It is still heartbreaking though and you think the pain will never go but it does eventually although will never forget the 2 i lost. xxxx

Hi Hun, I have. I also had thought it might be toxomas and loads of other things.

I asked my doc to send me for the mc testing which he did, and it all came back negative, so there are no known reasons for my losses.

Lots of people are 'third time lucky' and I hope that will be true for you x

have you seen this ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10880232

I dont think getting pg so soon after your last mc will have caused your second loss.

Some ladies try baby aspirin but there is no evidence this helps you to maintain a pregnancy unless you have diagnosed blood clotting problems. If I were you i would push for the mc testing

gl x

thanks Kanga and allthingspink - it is hugely reassuring knowing that there are other people out there who have gone on to be ok 3 rd time around - can i just ask whether you both started trying again straight away or waited?

i will have a look at the BBC article - thank you for the link

my GP has got me a referral appointment which is great - although it is subject to the doctor feeling it is appropriate to see me (so the letter is just an automated thing..) but hopefully he will agree, fingers crossed ..

x

i pressed submit too early - whoops!

thank you for the baby aspirin tip - i have read about this so will ask my doctor about that ..

i m so so sorry for both your losses - it really is horrible and really the only people who can understand are those who have been through it ...

I have been reassured that things will be ok and trying to stay positive and think positive (it s hard though) - and it really helps reading the 3rd time lucky club thread to hear their stories proving it can turn out ok ...

it will happen for us Kinga - it must be really reassuring to know that nothing is wrong - obviously it s natural to assume there is ..

take care xx

The 3rd time I waited, I think it was about a year but really needed that time to get my emotions in order.

I just read through this entire thread and I'm finding is some comforting. I was diagnosed with my 2nd MMC in a row yesteraday and I thought that I was alone. I had a healthy pregnancy with my first and now I just can't believe I'm at this point.

Bethany B - thank you so much for coming back to update. It gives me hope that this is not an uncommon thing.

Hey ladies,
I have had so many mixed emotions while trying for a baby, elated when I have had positive pregancy tests to pure fear to even sneeze in case id somehow put myself at risk of having a miscarriage. Ive prayed and cried and hid my feelings from my friends as I felt such a failure and scared to think id never have the baby I wanted so much. My miscarriages will always be there and my babys will always be with me, I dont think you can appriciate how much it effects you unless u have had one so im feeling for you girls so much.
If u look at the date I posted this ull see it was 2 years ago and Im please to say I now have a 11 month old baby girl who has just brought so much happiness with her its helped me deal with all of my sadness. I think my angels a lot still but I know ill see them one day.
Dont give up, I had two mmc in a row (4 in total) and then I feel pregnant with my baby girl. Im praying for you all and sending you all baby dust - Ladies sent me some on here and it worked.
Lots of love xxxx

Thank you so much for posting your update! It gives me such hope. We just had a missed miscarraige at 8 weeks - no heartbeat, and a slow heartbeat at 6 weeks (80bpm). I was in denial at first, hoping that the ultrasound tech had made a mistake. But, after decreasing pregnancy symptoms, I had to come to terms with our loss and just grieve. We are trying again immediately, as we are both 40 and don't feel that we should need to wait longer. I have had 2 successful pregnancies (11 and 13 years ago) and we adopted our daughter. But, DH doesn't have any children of his own - so this is really important for us. Anyway, thanks for giving me hope and sending baby dust... Baby dust to everybody... Hugs!

Yes Its such a painful thing to go through isnt it, losing my babies were the toughest times in my life, not only losing my beautiful babies but the constant fear of never having another baby stayed with me all the time.
There are many women on here that have had many miscarriages and gone on to have a healthy happy pregnancy. I read and read after my miscarriages in search of hope.. I think I will always worry while im pregnant but never give up hope chicken, Thinking of u and yes lots of baby dust on its way, all the best xxx

both of mine were missed miscarriages, although this time i miscarried naturally at home. We have a two year old already but i cant take it in, everything i read the first time said id prob go on to have a healthy pregnancy and i cant believe its happened, i saw babys heartbeat two weeks ago. Im going to try again after my period although im hurting now..

Hi hun, as you said in your pp, you already have a 2yr old son, so you know you can carry to term.. that is a positive thing!! :hugs:
I had 2 mc's .. my first at 6weeks, didnt even know i was pregnant, to us at the time it was a blessing as we were young, living with parents and had no jobs, had a d&c, my 2nd was a blighted ovum, my 12week scan showed baby had stopped developing at 9weeks, and had to have a ERPOC, then 6months later i got pregnant with my daughter, a beautiful baby girl we doted on, then sadly just after she turned 1, we suffered another mc .. a chemical pregnancy, then another miricle my son, healthy and growing strong with each scan, and now sadly were going through a hellish time with another questionable blighted ovum, which in my heart i know its over but scans still showing inconclusive.. so yes you can have a healthy pregnancy after 2 losses! I pray you a healthy conception and pregnancy when you are ready again.. and of course a screaming healthy little bundle to make your dreams come true very soon! :hugs: Take Care! xx

im sorry i just read your last post :) congratulations hun.. im very happy you got your princess

*i must read the whole thread before posting* lol
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"