Anyone had a skin tag / mole removed when pregnant? Qu about aftercare...

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
Hi girls,

So I had this skin tag removed at my Dr's yesterday as it had changed over the last 2 weeks and was right on my bra strap so not in the best place.

She used nitrogen to freeze the area then shaved it off (sorry if TMI).... I kept a plaster on it yesterday and took a shower to clean it this morning.

The question is, whats the best way to care for it now, as its an open wound?

I have a plaster on it again just now as Im sure my clothes will stick to it.

I'm not sure about putting anything on it, as I think letting it heal naturally is probably best for me and baby (rather than putting some cream on it that Im not sure if it will affect the baby).

Anyone else been through this, or have any good tips of how best to treat an open wound when pregnant (to minimise infection)?

Thanks!!!

xxxxxx

hi, i had a couple of skin tags removed when i was nine weeks gone and they were also frozen. to be honest i left them and didn't cover them with anything...just let them heal themselves, but if you want to put something on if yours is sore/open then the best thing is to put a spoonful of salt in a cup, pour boiled water in to dissolve it (top up with cold if its too hot) and dab that on it...it's natural and helps wounds heal faster

you're also best letting air get to it to dry it out as much as poss so not covering with a plaster too much, as that can slow the healing process

Sorry I can't help but didn't want to read and run, leaving it open to the air seems the best idea, hope it heals soon, take care :hugs: XX

hiya i had 3 moles removed when i was pregnant with my first, i didnt really do anything special with them healing after, they were quite big wounds, just kept them clean with cooled boiled water with a little salt in, and then tried to keep them out in the air uncoved as much as i could to heal quickly x

Thanks alot!!!!

I've just washed it with cooled boiled water and salt.... now sitting letting it breath in a boob tube (as its on the back of my shoulder) - very fetching, hahaha.

xxxxx :hugs:

if you do the salt bath once or twice a day it'll heal in the blink of an eye :)
salt baths heal everything!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->