Anyone had a VBAC or going for 1?

dannyboygirl

Mom to Baby Cubz
Reaction score
:flower:I want one this time and looking to hear about experiences or what you did different this time to try n have one? Thanks so much:thumbup:

im hoping for a vbac and so scared it wont happen. what was ur reason for a section last time? mine was just for a long labour, so really it was not a emergency which annoys me now but u tend to listen and go with everything they are saying at the time. not this time tho, they aint touching me! im just worried i wont start off naturally this time as was induced last time at 42 weeks and have been told i need 2 sweeps this time at 40 and 41 weeks and if left after 41 weeks it increases of having a secion again. so worried aboit it but going to do everything i can to get this one out myself!.

im hoping for a vbac and so scared it wont happen. what was ur reason for a section last time? mine was just for a long labour, so really it was not a emergency which annoys me now but u tend to listen and go with everything they are saying at the time. not this time tho, they aint touching me! im just worried i wont start off naturally this time as was induced last time at 42 weeks and have been told i need 2 sweeps this time at 40 and 41 weeks and if left after 41 weeks it increases of having a secion again. so worried aboit it but going to do everything i can to get this one out myself!.

me too.its my way this time.birth plan n all. They put 3 pills up there instead of 2. Citacin or something..Stressed baby out then ERcsec happened..no labour or dialation at all.tried to induce me at 37.2 n failed miserably..you will this time...

im aiming for a vbac - 40weeks and no sign of labour yet ... just hoping LO wants to make an appearence soon! Next appointment is 41 weeks where i will ask for a sweep xx

i'm having a vbac, the reasons being, i want to be in control of my birth, the recovery time afterwards is quicker, bf'ing more liklely to suceed, i wont have to inject my stomach everyday for 6 weeks (new rule), i wont blled for 10 weeks again, the list goes on.
we have a vbac clinic at my hosp where they look at the reasons in your previous notes and tell you why it happeed and the likelyhood of it happeneing again.
mine was pre e and fetal distress,
i'm having a water birth, i'm looking into and started hypnobirthing to get rid of negativety surrounding my previous section, i'm feeling very positive and excited. i dont feel scared anymore. i havent concreted myself but my goal is to have a positive result and it be as natural as can be.
when get to hosp i'll have blood taken and an hour monitoring to get a base reading.
i'm also having a doula with me for extra support as my oh is shaky with birth, blood, hospitals in general.

my thinking is you wouldnt go out the house if you were thinking you could get run over, murdered, mugged, burgled.
so why go into labour and thinking negative thoughts when your body is designed to do this and can do this.

most vbacs are successful, if i do have a c section again i wont be hugely disapointed as i will have given it my best chance, but if it does go to plan then i will have gained everything and lost nothing :)
xx

I'm trying for VBAC. I had ceaserean last time because of failure to progress. So this time I am going to do everything I can to keep the labour progressing. lol.

First time I just layed on the bed, didnt move around enough. This time I am going to move around more and use birthing ball. Gave up on gas and air after one puff cause I was sick, this time I know that you should persevere cos the sickness will go. My hospital also offers an anti-sickness tablet which I will be happily accepting. Cause I gave up on gas and air I went straight for epidural, which I think headed me more in the direction of the section.

Also this time I know the alternative. With my first I didnt know how bad the section would be for me. Cause I know this I hope it will make me more determined and not go down this path again.

Plus I am much older now and I very much believe in positive thinking and I am positive I can do this. lol.

Now I just have to wait for this baby to come and not go overdue. x

I had a successful vbac with my daughter two years ago.

I was told by my consultant to give me the best chance of it being successful i would not be allowed to be induced or helped along with any drugs as this poses a higher risk of uterine rupture and the need for another emegency section. I was also told that having an epidural was best to avoided if possible as it can slow labour down.

I was given a sweep at fourty weeks and had my little girl two days later. I have to say the labour was the best experience ive had. Id had niggles all day but by 11pm they were strong and regular so i went to the hospital. I was told i was three centimetres dilated, at 1am i asked for the pethidine which definately helped me relax and distance myself through the pain. The next time the midwife examined me i was five cm and my waters broke. Ten minutes later the pain was much worse so i called for the midwife to come back, as she walked in the room i got the overwelming urge to push. Half an hour of pushing using gas an air and my daughter arrived.

I did have to be constantly monitored through the labour to check for any signs of rupture which kept me on the bed and id loved to have a water birth but was told best not. Hoping that this time because my last was successful they will be a bit more linient.

Good luck ladies

Im going for a VBAC this time. It is baby number 4 and my first 2 deliveries were normal.

I ended up with an emergency c section with number 3 as I developed high blood pressure at 37 weeks and had protein in my pee. They tried inducing me at 38 weeks but my cervix failed to dilate.
I was told at the time that any subsequent deliveries would be by an elective section as my cervix was scarred from treatment I had in 2007.
When I saw my consultant at 26 weeks though she thinks I failed to dilate because they tried to induce me at 38 weeks and my body wasnt ready. So VBAC it is!

I am not too bothered as long as the baby and myself get through it as safely as possible.

pooping over from 2nd trimester but i am planning for a vbac as well, i had to have one with my son because he was breech, hoping for one this time but i have a feeling i wont get one because i will of justhad one 13 months before and it can cause rupture if its to soon so i guess i will wait to se the ob and see what he says

i had a vbac 4 years ago. my first was a section as he wad just too big for my hips lol but my second was smaller but did need help with ventouse. I gotta b honest though i think i prefered a section as i was back on my feet within a week but after vbac i had terrible piles and in constant pain for a month or so. i could sit, stand, walk, lie down tidy

Hi,
I had a section in 2004 at 34 weeks because baby was showing heart problems. My consultant has told me i will be having a vbac this time as i have proved in 2001 i can give birth to big babies naturally (my 1st son was 9lb 7oz) but i suffered a 3rd degree tear and struggled to get him out. I am so scared that this baby will be a lot bigger and end up doing more damage than baby number 1 or get stuck. My other fears are what if i go overdue, will they induce me? what if i labour for hours on end and then end up having a emergency section? i feel such a wuss for been scared about giving birth when i've done it before xx

I had a vbac after having a emergency section in 1999, I went on to then have 3 assisted delivers, my first was forceps delivery in 01, then vontous in 06 and then another vontouse in 08. I think it depends on why you had a section. My sister had her first section which was emergency in 07 and has just had another planned section with her second child born a few days ago because the baby was in very little water and was very low birthweight.

I'm hoping for VBAC as well, I had a section with my first 4 years a go due to placenta praevia so I've never even felt a contraction. Will be interested to see how you ladies get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->