Anyone had an ECV?

FlowerFairy

James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi
Reaction score
Saw Head of Midwifery yesterday and baby is still breech, She says that there is obviously plenty of time to turn but due to the fact I was face presentation Breech with dislocated hips she wants to discuss having a scan and possibly an ECV in 4 weeks if she's not turned herself.
I need to do some research and I am getting a ball this weekend and planning a look on Spinning babies so really hoping not to need to worry but just wondered if anyone had any experience.
Also, Baby has been breech since 20 weeks, does it have any baring on her turning? To say she's not got into position in 12 weeks does that lower the chances or is it just one of those things.
I need to avoid a Section!!!! :flower:

Sid was breech till 37 weeks so as you know there is lots of time. I personally refused the ECV because babies often jump back anyway and it can cause distress. What's important is that you ask what that particular consultants success rate is and how often they perform them. Are you under Halifax? They have a Chinese herbalist Mw who does acupuncture and moxibustion on the NHS there....a referral if you get to term might be an idea....

No I'm under Bradford! Im going to try all the tricks in the book over next 3 weeks and hopefully she'll fall into place.
I dont like the idea of ECV but thought I'd just find out about it anyway. I'll find out who the consultant is and his sucess rate if I get that far. Fingers crossed she'll turn herself x

You don't have to go to Bradford. If it gets a bit closer you can ask to go to Hx and even transfer back ;)

I think it's important to remember you pay your taxes for these services and you can choose the care most appropriate to the 'current' situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->