• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone had dark red bleeding and have it not end in miscarriage?

isaiahfaith

Reaction score
I'm very worried..

I've had regular brownish spotting throughout the pregnancy due to bowel movements and intercourse.

I started feeling bloated with lower back pain, like I'm starting my period, so I checked down there. I have dark red blood slowly coming out.

I am so scared, sad, and worried. I called my doctor, sobbing, and they are going to have me come in tomorrow afternoon for an ultrasound.

I just can't wait that long. I have to know.. has anyone else had this happen and not have it end in miscarriage? I'm six weeks along today.

Thanks.

isaiahfaith, i am so sorry to hear how upset you are.:hugs:
I personally havent experienced it but one of my best friends had bleeding and cramping during her pregnancy and everything was fine. I hope that the time flies by for you and that you get the best possible results.:flower:

I have with 4 of my pregnancies and it turned out ok I have four healthy daughters to prove that bleeding in pregnancy even heavy can not always mean the pregnancy will end in miscarriage. Keep positive and good luck with your scan ;) x

Its strange as I never bled with my 2 sons but all the girls I did until I was around the 10/12 week marker.

I just went through the exact same thing today, it was so scary and I couldn't stop sobbing I ended up going to the ER because my doc doesn't work on Wednesday's. The emerg Doc told me that he's ruling out miscarriage because everything feels good and my hcg levels are fine but it's going to be confirmed with an ultrasound tomorrow.

Do you have any cramps?

No, I don't have any cramps. My back does hurt, but I do have a cold/sinus thing and usually my whole body is sore with that. It's so hard to tell though.

But that's the odd thing.. I don't have cramps and I don't feel abnormal. My symptoms hadn't faded before this.. I still have pregnancy symptoms.

I do feel bloated and gassy. I guess I am a tad bit sore around my abdomen area, but I don't notice it unless I think about it.

I had just decided to check down there and bam.. there was dark red blood...

Yea you sound exactly like me, like identical. My lower back has been hurting since yesterday, I haven't had any cramps except for a couple of little twinges and really really mild sharp pains that last a second and disappear. Bloated and gassy is normal.

Was it just when you saw it? or did you have to put a pad on?

It hasn't even been enough to come out on my pantiliner.. although I'm sitting per doctor's instructions.. don't know if it would be different if I was standing.

I checked up there and there's still blood coming out from where the cervix is, but it isn't flowing out of me at this point in time.

A few hours ago, some would come out when I wiped. But now I only see it when I check near my cervix.

I checked again and there's barely any dark reddish brown..

I don't get it - how can I go from having clearly dark red blood to almost none now?? all within a couple hours??

Jenp86 - can you let us know tomorrow how your scan turns out? I'll do the same in this thread.

I don't understand it either, it's so confusing/scary/nerve wrecking! I also only had it once and checked a couple of times afterwards and didn't have it anymore either.

I will definately keep you posted as long as you keep me posted, I hope we both have the same healthy baby results *hugs*

I had pink cm at 6 weeks, it got darker to brown spotting and then it was red! I panicked and went to my doc who ordered a scan and I managed to get one that day. My little baby was in there and all seemed fine. The sonographer couldnt find a reason for the bleeding, except for a tiny, tiny spot that was maybe-possibly it. This was four weeks ago (almost) and I've had another scan since then that shows that all is still as it should be. If you have no cramping and the bleeding is stopping then I think all will be fine. :hugs:

And mine stopped after a short time too. Within a few hours my cm was clear again.

Yes. Happened to me. Went to ER, and they did an U/S and everything was fine, but I was put on bed rest. Keep resting and take it easy. If you're really worried, you could go to the ER to get a scan, but tomorrow will come soon. I'll be thinking of you and praying. I know how scary it is.

Sending hugs.

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. I will keep you all up to date on what happens. I'm praying hard that everything is fine.

Jenp86 - when yours first started, was it enough to leak out.. or how much was it? That's crazy that both of ours and mellybelle's just stopped several hours later.. I wonder what causes the random bleeding...

I've found lots of threads on this forum and others where women have bled at 6 weeks. (I went a bit nuts on Google as soon as i saw the pink!) Some really slightly and some heavier. It seems to be quite a common thing at 6 weeks. Our little beans have done hell of a lot of growing in just two weeks and I guess it makes sense to make a lil more room in there and needing to shed just a tiny bit of that lining around them.
Cant wait to hear how your scan went. I'm sure everything is fine. :hugs:

I've been noticing that pattern too, Mellybelle. It seems like everyone who has mentioned it has been at about six weeks. It can't be a coincidence..

i had a lot of dark red blood with my first pregnancy that started around 5ish weeks, and continued for days. it eventually turned to brown and then went away completely by 7 weeks. my Dr. said that it was from a spot on the outside of my cervix that bled with the engorgement of my cervix in early pregnancy. My DD is now 15 months. :hugs:
good luck!

I had trickles of dark red blood when I was pregnant with my son, he's 2 now. Hope everything goes ok xx

Thanks for the positive words, ladies. It means so much to me. Praying that I have the same good news. We will see at 2pm today...

good luck hun, thinking of you. Hope everything is fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->