anyone had tests for having MC's ??

Patboy--you are being well looked after--thats great...my 1st MC was at 12wks and my 2nd at 6wks--similar to you...Thanks for that info..xxx

Hey Brillbride

I'm from N.Ireland too.....Like the others say its usually only after 3 that the RMC testing is done unless you're over 35 or have a late mc etc...

Your GP can do some testing on your hormone levels, thyroid etc.... which will at least let you know alls ok with these as thats the first things they will check. Like Patboy I will get the same care with my next pregnancy and I have to take aspirin and clexane even though I have tested negative for the clotting problems! A word of warning on the aspirin it can cause v heavy periods and I took it with my last pregnancy and had quite a bit of bleeding before the mc even though the heartbeat etc was ok. The genetic testing is also very expensive so this is part of the reason they wait until 3 consecutive mc to do these tests. I hope you can get some tests done at least from your GP :hugs:

Hey Brillbride

I'm from N.Ireland too.....Like the others say its usually only after 3 that the RMC testing is done unless you're over 35 or have a late mc etc...

Your GP can do some testing on your hormone levels, thyroid etc.... which will at least let you know alls ok with these as thats the first things they will check. Like Patboy I will get the same care with my next pregnancy and I have to take aspirin and clexane even though I have tested negative for the clotting problems! A word of warning on the aspirin it can cause v heavy periods and I took it with my last pregnancy and had quite a bit of bleeding before the mc even though the heartbeat etc was ok. The genetic testing is also very expensive so this is part of the reason they wait until 3 consecutive mc to do these tests. I hope you can get some tests done at least from your GP :hugs:

Thanks so much 4 ur post!! im not worried about money--or anything but after 3 mc's surely u get MC tests free?...on NHS...if not id pay no worries.....have 2 MC's and dont want any more....think i should go 2 my gp now when i finish up with work and have more time to get tests etc... My sis is a doctor and she has warned me off aspirin and bleeding....she has just about come around to me taken it IF i get pregnant but im not sure about taken it before>> xx

thanks girlies
in work at the min so not much chance to reply but will ask doc for blood clotting test etc and advice on asprin but i find most doc don't know much bout ttc- might see if i can chat to midwife but getting past reception is nightmare!!
back later xx

Thanks so much 4 ur post!! im not worried about money--or anything but after 3 mc's surely u get MC tests free?...on NHS...if not id pay no worries.....have 2 MC's and dont want any more....think i should go 2 my gp now when i finish up with work and have more time to get tests etc... My sis is a doctor and she has warned me off aspirin and bleeding....she has just about come around to me taken it IF i get pregnant but im not sure about taken it before>> xx

Oh yeah you get them for free on the NHS after 3 - what I meant was thats partly why they don't do them after 2 mc, money!! and of course statistically wise in medical terms 2 can still be v 'bad luck' whereas with 3 or more a pattern starts emerging and more likely to be a problem! I know its awful!!

As I said I've been advised to take aspirin & heparin with my next pregnancy and am also on high dose folic acid and I'd really rather not be!!! But suppose you kinda do what it takes.....obv if your sis is a doc she should be in a good position to advise anyway!! Let me know if you get the tests sorted with you GP as it certainly put my mind at ease over hormones etc xx

Yes AS1---il let you know if I go 2 the GP----Hate going!!lol...its great having my sis but she is in a diff country!!

Good luck anyhow AS!.xx

wish my AF would hurry up and show its face...xx

Hi ladies,
just to say that I had 3 MC's and was not offered no testing :(

But went on to have a normal full term (in fact she was over!) preg!

Just recently had an ectopic and now i am getting tested. So there is hope out there Ladies!!!
xXx

aw thanx for that annie and best of luckt to you..xx

Just got my first AF since MC--thank the lord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->