Anyone had the implant out early?

wantingno.2

2 princes + a princess
Reaction score
How did you get on? Did the dr agree or did you have to force the issue?

I've had mine 6 months now my periods are long and irregular the shortest being 9days the longest 21!!

But more than anything, I'm horrendously moody and snappy. I'm shouting at my kids alot and I don't like it. Im also so up and down with my mood, i sometimes sit thinking 'am i happy' in quite a depressed state other times i have real waves of complete happiness. My husband said he's gonna chop my arm off!!!! Lol

I wouldn't mind if it was only for a few more months but I don't know if I wanna be like this another 2 and bit years!

I had mine in for 3 months.

I had it once before when I was 16 and the mood swings were horrendous but I didn't have any periods.
They took it out after about 6 months because I was getting migraines.

My most recent one was put in this year not long after my son was born. Started getting pain in my arm, mood swings, CONSTANT periods, must have had about 1 week period free in 3 months.

First she refused to take it out because it hasn't had a chance to "settle" but I didn't let down turned on the water works. She was like a mini hitler when I first came in them turned nice afterwards. I'm not on anything now and my first couple of periods were MEGA heavy but now they are settling down and life is so much easier x

I had mine in for just over a year. I didn't actually mind the implant, but the bleeding was a pain in the ass. I spotted on and off constantly.

I did ask for it out after 6 months and was met with resistance and told to persevere. I then went back after a year and said I was TTC. I had it out two weeks later! We weren't actually TTC then but it saved me the hassle of arguing. I also got a BFP four weeks later - surprise!

I had mine in for just over a year. I didn't actually mind the implant, but the bleeding was a pain in the ass. I spotted on and off constantly.

I did ask for it out after 6 months and was met with resistance and told to persevere. I then went back after a year and said I was TTC. I had it out two weeks later! We weren't actually TTC then but it saved me the hassle of arguing. I also got a BFP four weeks later - surprise!

Good story, i might pinch it! although I don't need another surprise thank you very much!!! ;) xx

How comes your not allowed to get it out when you chose to?

Well ultimately it's your body and your decision but I've heard that drs (uk) arnt keen to take it out and will try to persuade you otherwise, think its a cost thing

Well ultimately it's your body and your decision but I've heard that drs (uk) arnt keen to take it out and will try to persuade you otherwise, think its a cost thing

Oh like they don't want it to go to waste?

If its bothering you I'd get it out asap, what birth control you looking to go on next? if you don't mind me asking :)

Apparently they cost about £100 for each implant procedure x

I'm gunna have mine taken out soon, had it about 9 months now. I've just finished a 5 week long period!!!!! I keep getting shooting pains in my arm, I'm grumpy, always knackered and I've put on loads weight. Wish I'd never had the bloody thing :(

I had the implant for a couple months. I started getting cysts non stop (apparently if you have cysts previously the implant isnt recommended, wish my doc told me that!), i was so moody i thought i would have to go on meds. When i realized it was the implant the doc tried to persuade me otherwise, i just told her take it out now! They did and wow magically my problems went away.

I'm gunna have mine taken out soon, had it about 9 months now. I've just finished a 5 week long period!!!!! I keep getting shooting pains in my arm, I'm grumpy, always knackered and I've put on loads weight. Wish I'd never had the bloody thing :(

That's exactly what I had!
It works for some people, lucky eh lol!

Ohhhhhhh 5 weeks!!!! :O

Oh like they don't want it to go to waste?

If its bothering you I'd get it out asap, what birth control you looking to go on next? if you don't mind me asking :)

That's the thing I really don't know! I'm hopeless with the pill just don't fancy getting the coil in/out! My husband says he will get the snip but I know he has real issues with it plus it's sooo permanent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->