Anyone have a hyper thryoid during pregnancy?

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi everyone I had my thyroid tested shortly before I got pregnant and it was in normal range. Now for my first OB appointment he ran all the tests and found that I have low TSH which means an overactive thyroid? I am worried has anyone had this during pregnancy? What does it mean? Does pregnancy set it off?

I was never hypo but pregnancy can set it off.

I had Hashimoto's in the past and what helped me was taking raw thyroid supplement and eating a diet that avoids Gluten (Paleo).
I don't have Hashimoto's anymore (and yes my doctors are baffled). Maybe it can help with pregnancy hyperthyroidism.

I had borderline under active thyroid and pregnancy with my first child pushed it over so after around a year (when I realised why o was so exhausted) I started off on thyroxine and have been on it since. Just have to up the dose when I'm pregnant and keep eye on it. Good luck

My thyroid plays up in pregnancy. Dr said its pretty common.

I lean borderline hyperthyroid sometimes due to a few nodules (I totally look hypothyroid though). My thyroid doctor demanded that I go see her as soon as I find out I'm pregnant, so I guess I'll be calling her soon if everything looks good on the betas/first ultrasound. She threatened medication, which I haven't needed yet. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->