Anyone have a tattoo...

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Logan's Mum, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Logan's Mum

Logan's Mum ....plus Eric : )

... without an outline?

I want to get a tattoo of a lightning-bolt on my arm (bicep) and do not fancy the idea of a black outline. So my idea is either no outline, or an outline but not in black. Ive seen white ink tattoos which might be a good idea as an outline, with maybe graduated yellow-silvery blue in the bolt itself? Is it possible? How do you think it would look?
    :flower:

2. FayDanielle

FayDanielle Mia's Mummy <3

Not alot of help but I have a heart above Mia's name on my hand without the outline.

I think white outline would be better than non at all, because the outline acts as a barrier if that makes sense? Stops the ink running through the skin making the tattoo look fatter! lol x

3. Sarahrei

Sarahrei Zoe P <3

That's not true, you don't need a outline. Artists have them there as a guide. You dint need a outline if you don't want one

4. Logan's Mum

Thanks! I know the outline might not be needed, but since the design is going to be pale in colour I wanted some sort of edge to it, but not too much as I dont want it too prominant as its going to be a good few inches long. So was thinking white to sharpen the edges up. :shrug:

5. Kte

Kte Mummy to Chloe & Sophie

I'd discuss it with the tatoo artist you want it done with in advance and see if they have any ideas to add, they will know what works well :flower:

6. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

alot wont do white my bro has done a few with white outlines they need re doing every couple of months x

7. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

you can also get uv ink ones x

8. Logan's Mum

that would be AWESOME! OH is not keen on UV ink being used, but that would be amazing! (not that I go out enough to show it off, especially not where there are the right lights to show it up :dohh:) Thanks for the suggestion!